Sports Interactive Community
MarcxD

[FM19] Youth Only in Catalonia with Sant Andreu

January 2035

january

A very strong month in the league. Four wins, including away at Atlético! But a big shame we're out of the cup, especially against a team like Girona.

january-league-table

january-motm

February 2035

february

Out of Europe now as well, a close contest but Inter just edged it. A big loss against Valencia but otherwise some strong results.

february-league-table

Hoping to go for third place.

Youth Intake 2035

march-youth-intake

Some exciting prospects, especially Erik Gelma. He is an AMC, and I am looking to see if he can be retrained as a MC as I need a highly talented prospect more on that position than on the wings.

The two non-Spanish players are from affiliate clubs.

March - April 2035

march-april

Losing against the top 2 teams but otherwise two fantastic months. Great stuff from Carmelo Ruiz!

april-league-table

Almost secured third, just need one more point.

May 2035

may

may-league-table

Well, we only got that one point in a bit of an anticlimatic end to the season. But we easily held on to third. Champions League! 

We do probably have to get through some qualification rounds, now that Spain dropped down in the coefficient table.

Season Review 2034-2035

post-season-season-review

Fantastic year all around, we were able to be more consistent and win a lot of the games against the weaker sides in the league. We were also lucky that Atletico had an awful season, and the top is still a long way away.

post-season-toty

post-season-topscorer

post-season-moty

Yes, that is Sean Dyche managing Real Madrid. :lol:

post-season-squad

Added international caps and youth apps to the squad screen, as multiple players have been called up for the youth sides. No senior internationals yet.

Vicente Posadas has already overtaken Francesc and is now the best AMR at the team, while Carles is already rated higher than Escoruela as well. He is not quite there yet, as far as consistency with his performances is concerned, but another season and Escoruela might well be third-best striker with another very talented one in Ferran Cos on loan right now. 

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-table

On 03/07/2019 at 00:39, kingjericho said:

Can you post some profile pics of your best players?

I can :) 

jaime-roca

gerard

joaquin-martin

fran-recio

ferran-cos

carles

Pre-Season + August 2035

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-transfers-1

pre-season-transfers-2

Nothing too much of note, Joel Drets only player here who has been a part of the first team.

pre-season-sale-sort-of

Actually in effect my biggest "sale" was my DoF leaving.

pre-season

Good run in pre-season, got easily past Rubin but Braga made us fight for it. First time CL group phase!

pre-season-CL-draw

Not exactly ideal to face teams from the top leagues (who are also all active so should be competitive)

September 2035

september

A bit of a strange start with allthose draws but good to get back in it with some wins. 

september-league-table

October 2035

october

A great month, but I have no idea why we played Champions League games on saturdays - thus only playing only 1 league game.

october-league-table

Which leagues are doing so well in Europe that Spain is falling behind?

3 minutes ago, 3rik said:

Which leagues are doing so well in Europe that Spain is falling behind?

coefficients

Spain has done the worst out of the top 4 - and France has become a powerful nation, with not only PSG but also Marseille, Lyon and Monaco doing well (all making it to Europa League semi finals in last couple of seasons for instance)

November 2035

november

Strong in the league, but very poor in the Champions League. Not helping our coefficients out like this...

november-league-table

December 2035

december

Overall a very strong month, but we did have our first defeat in the league.

december-league-table

december-CL-group

Just managed to scrape through, knock-out rounds... perhaps it would've been better to go into the Europa League as we have a better chance of progressing there, though.

december-CL-draw

Marseille, a good side now but hard to judge exactly. Remarkable to see 2 Dutch clubs, and even more to see them being Feyenoord and Vitesse..

december-job-offer

Biggest team to offer me a job yet.

19 hours ago, scarp said:

Love your careers! Always an enjoyable read.

Thank you! Appreciate it. 

January 2036

january

Another pretty strong month, although we are now out of the cup and did have another loss in the league at the end.

january-league-table

Still very much in the running for CL football.

February 2036

february

Astonishingly strong month, albeit with a strange loss in the middle against Osasuna of all teams. 

february-league-table

Even in the race for the title possibly?! The fact that Barcelona has only conceded 9 goals but still has the same amount of points dropped as we have is... strange.

february-record

:thup:

I'd say it's more than possible. Keep having amazing months like that and it'll be rather likely!

5 hours ago, oriole01 said:

I'd say it's more than possible. Keep having amazing months like that and it'll be rather likely!

Quite! To be honest I'm always surprised when I do well and regularly undestimate myself still even if I pretty much have been doing well for the past couple of years in FM. Those years when I started from FM 09 on when I was total ******* left a mark :p 

29 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

Quite! To be honest I'm always surprised when I do well and regularly undestimate myself still even if I pretty much have been doing well for the past couple of years in FM. Those years when I started from FM 09 on when I was total ******* left a mark :p 

My FM05 days playing with vanilla 4-4-2 only :D

13 hours ago, scarp said:

My FM05 days playing with vanilla 4-4-2 only :D

:lol:

12 hours ago, john1 said:

Hopefully you can finish the job off in France! :D 

Thanks mate!

March 2036 + Youth Intake

march

Overall a strong month except for a surprising loss again, but we are through to the next round in the Champions League! Up against Dortmund, again, who we also faced in the group.

march-league-table

Definitely still up there.

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

march-youth-intake2

The first 'golden generation' in many years, and the best 5 players certainly look very promising, without discounting the others.

Three foreign talents from affiliates, with the Peruvian Salazar looking very handy indeed.

fidel-salazar

2 minutes ago, deltablue said:

I never thought I'd ever be cheering for a team against Barcelona ;)

Heh, thanks. Real Madrid could help us by beating Barca, spicy :D 

1 minute ago, Velodromè said:

Looks doable with your remaining matches compared to the rest. 

Agreed! But Barcelona has a bit of a buffer.

April 2036

april

Tough start to the month as we had a ridiculous run of fixtures combined with missing 4 or 5 first team players due to injury. But we were able to recover, almost in the CL and definitely got some good points in the league.

april-league-table

Real Madrid did beat Barcelona, so there's still very much a chance for us to get that title. Both us and Barca have relatively easy final fixtures, so it's just making sure we win all three and hoping for a failure on their part.

Very close, shame you didn't beat Real Sporting! :( Unlucky to go out against Dortmund.

7 minutes ago, john1 said:

Very close, shame you didn't beat Real Sporting! :( Unlucky to go out against Dortmund.

Yeah, would've been on equal points. It's tense... 

may5

may6

may-league-table

Ah, damn. It just wasn't to be, in the end. Close, and we could've done it. But just too many points spilled in draws. Scored the most goals out of anyone in theleague, which is something. Barca becoming champions with 69 goals. Boo!

14 goals conceded, boring defensive Barca! :D

12 minutes ago, Haguey said:

14 goals conceded, boring defensive Barca! :D

Yeah! :thdn: Possibly because they are managed by Allegri now...

Season Review 2035-2036

post-season-season-review

Of course it has been an amazing season, I did not think we were title-race ready. Now to keep this up for the next seasons. A first season in the CL went reasonably well. The 50% full you can see for the attendance is because we groundshared the damn Camp Nou, as our stadium is expanded. That should be done this summer. Although then we won't be able to house the 50K that came to see us play this year on average.

post-season-gkoty

post-season-talent-oty

post-season-topscorer1

post-season-topscorer2

post-season-moty

post-season-toty

post-season-squad

Obviously the rapid rise and great performances of Ferran Cos are the story of the year, which combined with the progression of Carles has meant that Escoruela got very limited playing time. Might be time to move him on...

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

Well, the best eleven overall has broken down with Javi Pons a player that has left us a long time ago is now named as best DL. 

post-season-table

Great season indeed. The Chilean defender looks like he could be solid. Good distribution of attributes.

2036/2037 IS THE SEASON!! ... i think, why dont you enfocate to Copa del Rey this year instead of league? 

On 06/07/2019 at 16:09, deltablue said:

Hopefully you can challenge again next year. 

On 06/07/2019 at 16:48, john1 said:

Fantastic season :applause: 

On 06/07/2019 at 17:15, kidthekid said:

Great season indeed. The Chilean defender looks like he could be solid. Good distribution of attributes.

17 hours ago, ucdark said:

2036/2037 IS THE SEASON!! ... i think, why dont you enfocate to Copa del Rey this year instead of league? 

6 hours ago, FourFiveOne said:

Best FM career story on the internet! I'm sure in a few years you will win La Liga :applause:

Thanks guys for the kind words!

Pre-Season 2036

pre-season-prediction

pre-season-coefficient

Order restored!

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-transfers

pre-season-transfers-2

Biggest transfer is Joan Herrero, my back-up goal keeper. Enough talent on that position! 

pre-season

Not really an ideal pre-season, not the greatest performances for one, but more importantly my ass man only arranged three friendlies which is hardly enough to build up the required match fitness. Of course I only really noticed this when it was too late.

pre-season-CL-draw

Edited by MarcxD

August - October 2036

september

october

A start with some struggle, but once my players got in fitness (and no players were on leave for the u-23s anymore!) it's been going very well. 

october-league-table

On 28/06/2019 at 23:47, kidthekid said:

Just realized that Escoruela was the 8th rated player from his intake. Amazing

I've been banging on about stuff like this for a few years now. :thup:

On 02/07/2019 at 23:39, kingjericho said:

Can you post some profile pics of your best players?

I've almost caught up with your whole thread today, (brilliant by the way), and the only criticism I have is because you don't post player profile pics very often, it's hard to get a feeling for players. 

Brilliant achievements nevertheless. :applause:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've almost caught up with your whole thread today, (brilliant by the way), and the only criticism I have is because you don't post player profile pics very often, it's hard to get a feeling for players. 

Brilliant achievements nevertheless. :applause:

Thank you! 

I agree on the player screens, I'll try to do that more often in the future.