[FM19] Youth Only in Catalonia with Sant Andreu

MarcxD

April 2031

april

As good results as you would expect, outside of the Numancia game. 

april-league-table

With the cup final being played between Real Sociedad and Real Madrid I would think the 7th gets EL football as well so if we can hold on to that position...

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May 2031

may

Strong performance in the end, including a shock draw against title winners Barcelona!

may-league-table

And, yeah, in the end it was just enough to qualify for the Europa League next season! Based on results against Villarreal, as they do have a better goal difference..

may-qualification

may-u19-win

The u-19s also have a second straight title win! No double this time around. They also got through to the first knock-out round of the youth league.

Season Review 2030-2031

post-season-season-review

A really strong season with some outlandish results, I've also seen some players developing very well and I am excited to see some of the younger talents grow.

The real star of the year obviously was Escoruela.

post-season-topscorer

post-season-topscorer2

post-season-toty

post-season-golden-shoe

post-season-moty

My first personal award.

post-season-squad

Saying goodbye to Toni Esteve, Juan Parra and Rayco Amador.

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

Finally there was some more news regarding the future....

post-season-new-stadium

Seems expensive and it could've been a bit bigger.. but I'll take it.

post-season-table

Edited by MarcxD

Pre-Season + August 2031

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-goalscorer-odds

Found this quite remarkable. We are still predicted to finish last, and of course he was topscorer in the previous season but that he has the highest odds to do it again.. Impressive.

pre-season-transfers1

pre-season-transfers2

No transfers of note. Some of my talents have been the subject of offers from Athletic, Valencia, Sociedad and clubs like that. But I said no to all, and I have learned my lesson from previous seasons and offer full time contracts as soon as I can. 

In Spain a minimum release fee clause is obligatory in all contracts, so I just make sure that those are nice and high.

pre-season-august

We have done well in the Europa League qualifiers, beating pretty decent sides to get to the group phase. 

Also started the league with a win but unsurprisingly Barcelona is still a step too far.

august-league-table

august-EL-draw

This seems like a Champions League group! Things must have changed, Man City in the Europa League...

august-city-history

august-city2

Perhaps because of this...

august-city3

But they still have some decent players..

Edited by MarcxD

December 2031

december

Through in the cup and a relatively kind draw against Girona in the 5th round. Should be able to go through. Did very well in the league once more, equally so in the europa league...

it's all good news for now.

december-league-table

Honestly stunned by this, can't imagine we'll stay up this high but qualification for europe should be very realistic.

december-EL-group

Great fun to beat PSV twice and beat them to the knock-out rounds :)

december-qualification

december-el-draw

december-600

January 2032

january

A month of ups and downs, as it's definitely disappointing to not go through in the cup and the results against Leganes and Villarreal especially are a bit of a shame when you look at their position on the table. On the other hand, Numancia is very high up (it is a bit of a strange season!) so beating them is great.

january-league-table

Anyway, we are still in third with all that and a nice little gap remains to the sides in 5th and below.

Barcelona on course to get a fourth straight La Liga win.

Edited by MarcxD

February 2032

february

Another month with good and bad games, not really consistent right now. Going through to the next round in the Europa League is definitely the highlight.

february-el-win

february-el-draw

february-league-table

March 2032 

april

It's rough right now, in the league. We have a hard time dealing with such a busy schedule, the squad is slim and a few injuries really are hurting. But we progressed another round in Europe!

march-el-draw

And look who we'll be playing :) 

march-league-table

Need to get back to scoring points soon or we'll lose out on Europe.

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

Potentially the best intake so far, at least with regards to the best players. They look very interesting indeed. Very happy to see some striker talent. Still waiting for that defensive midfielder though.

April 2032

april

Close games against Ajax but the quarter final is the end to our first European adventure... some important wins in the league this month though.

april-league-table

So with 3 more more games pretty much secure of european football, just remains to be seen what kind.

1 minute ago, ucdark said:

What is your final fixture in comparision with Real Sociedad's ?

I'm playing Valencia, Leganes and then Numancia.

Sociedad play Betis, Villarreal and Atlético.

May 2032

may

may-league-table

Well, in the end neither us or Sociedad qualified for the Champions League, but Numancia.... They beat us on the final matchday to get that position so it is deserved. Peculiar though!

In the end 6th is still qualification for Europa League, and while it may be a bit disappointing after our insane first half of the season, it's another step up.

Season Review 2031-2032

Insane start to the season, a bit inconsistent after the winter with my small and young squad not quite capable of playing that many games. 

Still, another year of European qualification and one position better, building the club and developing players.

We did amazingly in Europe any way. Coincidentally the Ajax team we lost to won the trophy.

post-season-moty

post-season-toty

post-season-award

post-season-topscorer

Well, he didn't win the overall topscorer award but he was the Spaniard with most goals. And best young player of the year. 

A bit surprising to see almost the entire first XI of the season being made up of Real Madrid players as Barcelona almost won the title.

post-season-squad

60 games for Joan! Sadly for him it's looking like next season he won't be playing much at all as a younger goalkeeper on loan in the Segunda has developed so quickly that he is now seen as quite a bit better.

Gerard and Fran Recio perhaps count for the most stunning developments for players here.

Wages going up every year but well we're nowhere near the wage budgets and we're still spending peanuts compared to the rest in the league. 

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-table

Pre-Season 2032

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-transfers1

pre-season-transfers2

We say goodbye to Ballesté, still the record topscorer at the club.

pre-season

Very comfortable performance in pre-season especially the opening game! No goals conceded.

pre-season-job-offer

While of course I could play Sant Andreu players in the NT I'm not interested for now.

pre-season-EL-draw

A much kinder group than last year it seems like. Interesting to see Liverpool and Man City now both in the EL group stages. 

August - September 2032

september-upgrades

september

Fantastic start against Atlético but then a disappointing loss to Leganes... good to see Escoruela in form right away, and starting with two wins in Europe. 

september-league-table

January 2033

january

Great start but fitness caused some issues in the latter half of the month. Still some good games, but we couldn't hold on to go on to the semi final of the cup and we shouldn't be losing against Osasuna and Leganes.

january-league-table

january-outgoing

Sold some more players who were on the sidelines and would only play less and less

March 2033

march

Ah, ouch, those games definitely hurt. Outclassed. Good to see us come back with some points afterwards.

march-league-table

In the running for Europe still.

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

Yes this is a good one. A lot of one-name players including two Joan's, it's good that I use the nickname system... 

April - May 2033

april-may

A strong run in the end, not having to face any of the big 3 helps with that. 

may-league-table

may-quali

Another year of European football ahead. A close one, with Betis just missing out. Top 4 clearly a step too far, for now.

Fantastic season :cool: Definitely on the right track, hopefully not far off from challenging for CL spot. But surprised to see Numancia, finishing 5th! Have they been taken over and who is their manager?

14 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic season :cool: Definitely on the right track, hopefully not far off from challenging for CL spot. But surprised to see Numancia, finishing 5th! Have they been taken over and who is their manager?

Thanks man. Challenging for fourth is going to be the next big target for sure. I think the big 3 of Atlético, Real Madrid and Barcelona are going to be a step too far for a while.

Numancia also did better than me last year. They had a takeover in 2031, after which they made a jump forward for sure. But it was a consortium takeover and not a tycoon.

This is their manager:

numancia-manager

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Great season again.

Thanks!

Season Review 2032-2033

post-season-toty

post-season-topscorer-1

post-season-topscorer-2

post-season-talentoty

post-season-moty

post-season-squad

Escoruela doesn't seem like developing much further, which is a shame, but of course as long as he keeps scoring more than 30 goals a season I can't complain. A lot of the others in the first team selection are still young and are not at their peak yet, though.

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-table

History overview 15 years in

Thought I'd do a little post about the winners of the leagues I've loaded and the big international tournaments.

European Championship

history-euros

World Cup

history-world-cup

Hey look at that, two Dutch world cups. One can dream.

Champions League

history-CL

Europa League

history-EL

Two Ajax wins :)

La Liga

history-la-liga

Premier League

history-PL

Serie A

history-serie-a

Bundesliga

history-bundesliga

Ligue 1

history-ligue-1

Primeira Liga

history-primeira

Eredivisie

history-eredivisie

Leading Transfers

history-leading-transfers

I've been following this journey since the start and i loved reading every bit of it! Keep going, i'm curious to see if some new supertalents come up :eek:

A question; how and where did you download the Spanish third division/preferente patch? Thanks

3 hours ago, FourFiveOne said:

I've been following this journey since the start and i loved reading every bit of it! Keep going, i'm curious to see if some new supertalents come up :eek:

A question; how and where did you download the Spanish third division/preferente patch? Thanks

Thanks mate! I have high hopes for some of the players coming up now.

Not 100% but I think I'm using one from the Steam Workshop, "spain updated 19.3.0"

Pre-Season 2033

pre-season-prediction

Look at that, we are not predicted to finish in the relegation spots anymore!

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-transfers-1

pre-season-transfers-2

Two transfers over a million - Joel a longtime servant but no longer good enough, while Pulido is still a young AMR but I don't think there's much more than pace there so that fee seemed pretty good for a player I never saw making it long-term.

pre-season

Did what we had to do in pre-season...

pre-season-EL-draw

Should get through this pretty easily.

August - September 2033

august-september

Overall a strong start, especially on the defensive side. Fellow new (sub)top side Numancia too much to handle though. They're growing in sort of a rival side for me..

september-league-table

Well this is bizarre.

January 2034

january

Not particularly ideal to play Barcelona and then three straight games against Atlético. And we lost all of them. Oh well. Happy that we were at least able to bounce back and get three straight wins in the league, including an important one against Valencia.

january-league-table

Very much in the fight for 4th still.

january-transfers

Some more outgoing. Ferran Cos is a striker that could be very good but he needs some playing time and is much too good for the u19 level but not quite good enough to bench Escoruela regularly.

Vicente Mir is an AML, about second or third best right now but with younger players breathing in his neck I decided to accept the Numancia offer. Not exactly the club I'd pick, but I doubt he'll become a world beater anyway.

February 2034

february

Not really a great month, out of the Europa League and even the games we won in the league were hard fought. 

february-league-table

Fourth is getting harder, but still possible. Continuing on dropping points and European football could even come into question, though.

March 2034

march

Decent, not great. Pretty long unbeaten streak though.

march-league-table

Youth Intake

march-youth-intake

Not quite as strong as previous couple of intakes, and I have quite enough talented goalkeepers already. I'll be retraining Sanchez as a DM.

13 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

You ran an entire season in one day?! :eek: explain

Did the preseason yesterday but it's because of instant result, I honestly don't have the patience to watch games most of the time (I do often look at the goals and player ratings and stuff. I could go quicker still)

Edited by MarcxD

April - May 2034

april-may

Not too bad of a run in the end, well at least in April. 

may-league-table

Third straight sixth place finish in the end. Again just below Numancia... and Barca won the league. Boring...

Sevilla and Villarreal getting relegated at least is a bit more of a shock!

Season Review 2033-2034

In the first half of the season it seemed like there was an opportunity to grab fourth place, but we were too inconsistent and honestly out of form for too much of the second half. 

post-season-moty

post-season-talent-oty

post-season-topscorer-2

post-season-topscorer

post-season-toty

post-season-squad

Joaquin Martin in midfield has been a revelation. Some new talents joining the first team squad, perhaps finally allowing me to get a good bit of rotation going.

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-table

Maxed out facilities after sixteen seasons, and there are two new all-time record holders.

Asensio with the apps and Escoruela with goals. While Asensio is now third-choice central defender he will likely still play quite a few matches next season at least, and who knows after that. Escoruela shows no signs of stopping, although his development certainly seems to have stalled and there are some prospects coming up.

On 29/06/2019 at 00:47, kidthekid said:

Just realized that Escoruela was the 8th rated player from his intake. Amazing

Mostly because there were just a ton of players rated with 5 stars potential iirc, but yeah. 

Pre-Season 2034

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-ouch

Some very bad news...

pre-season-prediction

Another little rise here.

pre-season-expansion

pre-season-transfers-1

pre-season-transfers-2

Some long-term players sold in Fran Baro, Toni Blay and Mamadou Dabo, while I also sold some younger players I am not convinced by - most notably Adria Querol and Eduardo Cuesta.

pre-season

pre-season-EL-group

Easy enough group again.

August - October 2034

october

Didn't stop to screenshot after september so a little bit of a bigger update to start the season out with. We have had a very strong start, especially this last month. Some new players showing up in the scoresheets - striker Carles, AML Carmelo Ruiz and AMR Vicente Posadas. Rotation is the game, and it worked so far, even beating Real Madrid!

october-league-table

December 2034

december

Okay performance, but we really should have won at least one of those last two league games, at home.

december-league-table

Ridiculously close.

december-EL-draw

Not an easy draw, you'd think.