[FM19] Youth Only in Catalonia with Sant Andreu

MarcxD

Really enjoyed your career so far. Excellent work and it's actually inspired me to do the same, as i needed a challenge. If i can do half as good as you, i'm onto a winner. Keep up the good work and look forward to continue reading your career.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/07/2019 at 22:39, john1 said:

What a bloody start :cool: Not bad group to be drawn in :thup:

Thanks mate!

4 hours ago, AlfieLucas said:

Really enjoyed your career so far. Excellent work and it's actually inspired me to do the same, as i needed a challenge. If i can do half as good as you, i'm onto a winner. Keep up the good work and look forward to continue reading your career.

Cheers!

That's great, know what club you're going with?

November - December 2036

december

Continuing to do very well, especially in december. 

december-CL-group

Decent performance in Europe, although Chelsea was obviously some ways ahead.

december-CL-draw

december-league-table

Amazing to be in first halfway and a good lead. But there are some question marks, especially as we have not faced either Real Madrid or Barcelona yet! Actually, the first two league games of 2037 will be against them..

december-golden-boy

What a player he is turning into, after Escoruela the second player at the club to be named Golden Boy.

december-ferran-cos

The issue of low jumping reach and only being 177CM remains, but those mentals and that speed make up a hell of a lot. 

He is the first of my players to play for the senior Spanish national side! And he scored already.

Value of 59M after the golden boy award... His limited fee is 120M, so not necessarily in danger of having to sell him.

January - February 2037

february

We've been doing very well, as we beat Real Madrid both in the league and in the cup. We've qualified for our first cup final! But in the end of february suddenly we seem to have crashed, with three poor performances in a row. Not exactly sure what's the culprit here, apart from some injuries. But we should be doing much better.

february-league-table

We still have our top position and a lead, but we need to get back on track asap.

I've not mentioned it often, but for quite a few years now every transfer period clubs come in with offers for my players.

january-biggest-offer

This is the biggest one I've got so far, for my first choice AML.

january-fran-recio

March - April 2037 + Youth Intake

april

Had some troubles still but we managed to recover and had a strong april overall. We just managed to get past Porto, but we lost on away goals against Barcelona, our city rivals.

april-league-table

Is it happening?!

april-title-race

One problem - we face Real Madrid and Barcelona in the final month, but we could lose both those games and still grab the title.

april-900

march-youth-intake

I've been lucky with the intakes, and this is the first one that is actually disappointing in a long while. There really doesn't seem to be much here. I think also the first Andorran in an intake, in the nineteenth! That took a long time (my manager has Andorran nationality). Not to mention he's very bad.

march-yp19a

Decent enough and a good personality means this is probably the only real highlight of the intake.

march-yp19b

Mentality and position not good, but there'll be time to see if he can change. Some decent attributes show some promise.

Season Review 2036-2037

post-season-season-review

What a season this was. Our first one in the renovated upgraded stadium, and filling it with relative ease. 

post-season-toty

9 of the eleven first XI from Sant Andreu! And not even Ferran Cos, who has not had the best run in the second half of the season. Luckily there was Carles.

post-season-carles

Even rated higher by my coaches now, note the similarities between him and Cos! Same positions, same weakness with regards to length and jumping reach.

post-season-talentoty

Even so, Cos was still named best talent of the year.

post-season-gkoty

post-season-roca

post-season-poty

post-season-gerard

Best GK and the THREE best players were all from Sant Andreu as well...

Just a big shame Gerard will miss most of next season and will need to recover. The central defensive position isn't the best stocked, so that will hurt us for sure.

post-season-moty

post-season-squad

And there's still so much room for improvement in the squad.

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

The best XI of all time is a bunch of nonsense.

post-season-table

On 09/07/2019 at 22:13, kingjericho said:

Awesomeness :cool: congrats, and now get ready to defend the title!

On 10/07/2019 at 01:44, ucdark said:

Best FM history ever... congratulations!!

On 10/07/2019 at 01:44, kidthekid said:

congrats man. What a season!!

On 10/07/2019 at 09:50, FourFiveOne said:

You did it mate!! I told you so before the season started :lol: Congrats!

On 10/07/2019 at 11:51, Sysiphus said:

Absolutely fantastic! Congratulations!

14 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Very well done :applause:

13 hours ago, AlfieLucas said:

Congrats, awesome work. Now for the Champions League :D

Thanks guys!

On we go.

Edited by MarcxD

Pre-Season 2037

pre-season-prediction

Of course my goal will be to go for the title again, and CL quali will be the bare minimum. I also hope to be able to do something of note in the CL, with some luck hopefully in the draw(s).

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-transfers

Nothing of note.

pre-season

A training camp in South Africa went quite well, with a bunch of games to get the player ready for fitness and up morale.

pre-season-CL-draw

Not exactly the easiest group imaginable, but we should be able to advance.

December 2037

december

Not so strong, a big defeat in the second big test of the domestic season and some points dropped elsewhere. 

december-league-table

Still tight.

december-CL-group

Wow, that is a surprising finish to the group! All on 11... and Man Utd dropping out.

december-CL-draw

11 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic start :thup:  Surprised to see Santi Carzola, managing Villarreal :D 

Thanks mate. I always like to see former players turning into managers. I quite like current Ajax manager Dusan Tadic ;)

Cazorla has now been sacked though :(

Other notable players turned manager:

Dirk Kuyt is current Liverpool manager (after 10 years at Spurs), Thierry Henry manages Napoli, Van Bronckhorst is at Marseille, Gattuso is at Schalke, Antonio Valencia is now managing... Valencia :D Nainggolan is at Benfica, Seedorf at Monaco, Fabregas at Nice, Miroslav Klose at Stuttgart, Griezmann at Crystal Palace (!), Rashford at Bournemouth..., Jonny Evans at Watford, Xavi at Osasuna, Evra at Troyes, Delph at Cardiff, Daniel Alves at Boulogne, and perhaps others I missed.

January 2038

january

Fantastic month in the league, no other way to describe it, but disappointing to go out of the cup already. No defense of that trophy or the double then.

january-league-table

February - March 2038

february

march

Dropping some points here and there and lost again to Barca in the league, but we also had some very strong performances (4-0 away at Atlético!) and we managed to get past Bayern after a great second leg!

february-potm

february-martin

february-motm

march-CL-draw

march-league-table

Still agonizingly close in the league.

Youth Intake 2038

march-youth-intake

march-youth-intake2

Looking quite good! Surprising to see the highest rated player be a Serbian, as I have no Serbian staff or affiliate club. Just random from our extensive youth recruitment I guess.

march-yp20a

Definitely a lot of work to do if he wants to get a spot in the first team, AML or really any other attacking position is at a very high level.

march-yp20b

Length, jumping reach and heading combines for some worrying stuff for a central defender. Think I'll try retraining him to a defensive midfielder, a position that I really need strengthening for anyway.

march-yp20c

Apparently the best from the lot as far as my HoYD is concerned, but his determination and unambitious personality are worrying, not only does his determination likely hurt his development, that's terrible for a midfield role.

march-yp20d

Not too bad. Maybe too small, even for a left back.

march-yp20e

There's definitely something here if he can grow a little bit further than the current predicted potential ability.

April - May 2038

april

April was long and hectic but while there were some meh games in the end, we did very well and got the points. Especially important against Real Madrid!

Also managed to beat Spurs, which is always nice...

may

May was harder and when it came down to the end I was afraid we were going to come short for the league title. Sadly we did fail to make it to our first European final.

may-league-table

may-title-win

But no worries, as we won the title on the final match day. Second in a row!

Season Review 2037-2038

post-season-season-review

Very strong season again, overall, with only a slightly disappointing run in the cup to mar it. 

post-season-toty

post-season-topscorer

post-season-topscorer-2

post-season-cl-topscorer

post-season-talent-oty

A good season for Carles, especially in the Champions League. 

post-season-carles

With his value rising up to the 70s I decided to give him a new contract as his old limited fee was 'only' 100M and all the big clubs in Europe were listed as wanting him. His new release fee is 162M and if any club wants to pay that they can have him.

post-season-gkoty

post-season-moty

post-season-player-of-the-year

post-season-squad

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

Once again I find the best eleven of all time nonsense, where even is Escoruela, the all time topscorer? Or Asensio, with more than 500 appearances... No it's more important to still show players like el Harrak and Muñoz whose heights were in the Tercera and Segunda B.

post-season-table

20 seasons in, and two Liga titles. No CL yet, and that is going to be the main goal for now. Alongside the squad building and developing of course. No plans of stopping any time soon.

Some more players I've not really shown yet

post-season-fernandez

Key central defender for a few years now, very decent pure defender. No tiki taka BS here. Flair of 2!

post-season-salazar

For most of the season this was his partner. Much more technically gifted, and only 17...

post-season-gelma

Does not have the adaptibility to 100% adapt to the central midfield role, but still a very strong player and only 18. Should be key for years to come.

post-season-martinez

Pretty much the only left back in the first team squad. No real competitors, which is why he made the most appearances last season. 

What a great season. Nice to see Salazar developing fast, I remember commenting on him a few pages back.

Just curious, what role does Martin play for you.

Edited by kidthekid

3 hours ago, ucdark said:

Hey, why the Spanish Supercup weren't played when you won the Liga and Cup? Shouldn't be on August 37?

Because there only 31 days in August ;)  I think probably due to International competitions?

18 hours ago, ucdark said:

Hey, why the Spanish Supercup weren't played when you won the Liga and Cup? Shouldn't be on August 37?

Oh I think I somehow forgot to screenshot that, yeah it was between the "pre-season" and "august-september" screenshots I made above. Oops. We won it, though.

15 hours ago, john1 said:

Another superb season :thup: 

Cheers!

12 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Nice work winning multiple titles. 

Thank you.

22 hours ago, kidthekid said:

What a great season. Nice to see Salazar developing fast, I remember commenting on him a few pages back.

Just curious, what role does Martin play for you.

He plays as a Mezzala most of the time, or as a box-to-box midfielder if the other CM I'm using is mostly suited for the Mezzala role.

Edited by MarcxD

Pre-Season 2038

pre-season-prediction

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-transfers-1

pre-season-transfers-2

Fourth-choice central midfielder Koné was sold as he was in his last year of contract and talents are coming up. 11M is a nice sum, biggest sale so far actually.

pre-season-offer

I could've made quite a bit more money, but no way am I going to sell Carles.

pre-season

Good opening run against foreign opposition.

pre-season-CL-draw

Playing Rapid Vienna again in the CL, at this point we should get through any group.

September 2038

september

We won the supercup again, but we aren't really running smooth yet. If we do win it's not comfortably. Two losses in the league already and also a home game in the CL. Poor, overall.

september-league-table

That's not exactly what I expected.

October - December 2028

december

Super strong in october and overall continuing to do well after that.

december-league-table

Well, Celta is continuing to do extremely well, as they have also beaten us. Top 3 all very strong defensively while we have already conceded 20 goals. Still very much in it though.

december-CL-group

december-CL-draw

February 2039

february

Some good games but also a few disappointing matches, dropping quite a few points in the league. Also out of the cup, but looking good to progress in the CL.

february-league-table

Barca now 7 points ahead. Will be tough to catch them.

february-1000

the Big 1K!

March 2039

0kag8Qw.png

Very good results, okay performances. Beat Real Madrid away, huge result that.

march-league-table

Still 7 points behind Barca, though. Looking very good for second place, and with 9 more games to go the title is still a possibility.

march-CL-draw

march-spain

Spain came in for me again, and this time I decided to accept the offer. Now that a lot of my players are realistically able to play for the national team it should be interesting to see if I can win some trophies. For sure I will give my Sant Andreu players many caps.

Youth Intake 2039

march-youth-intake

I have had a Ghanaian affiliate club (Hearts of Oak) for two years or so, and this is the first player from that link. And what a player! Not that I particularly need a GK, but still. Also all the talents from this intake seem to have good personalities. 

march-yp21a

march-yp21b

march-yp21c

march-yp21d

April 2039

EcOWUhg.png

Couldn't get it together in the CL, two close defeats. More was possible, but not quite our day yet.

m5tHsTV.png

4 points behind, as Barcelona lost some points. In May we shall face them two games in a row, which will determine the title. 

Edited by MarcxD

Season Review 2038-2039

HMHQYBw.png

Again, I am surprised we managed to make it in the end, after trailing for the entire season. 

Just need a bit of luck to have a more successful run in Europe.

xBqh000.png

1hRhFcf.png

YLVFjOv.png

T6CvpAH.png

ov2XRfT.png

1lmRGoI.png

2WzV2bF.png

NT7BTgB.png

rxsaPGU.png

kpglYoq.png

June 2039 - Spain NT

d88XJmL.png

First squad selection. Didn't go overboard with the selection of Sant Andreu players yet but I'm planning on taking more in the qualifiers.

But first the Nations League semi final.

llFVQJ9.png

Should've won it, but Germans are going to be Germans and score at the end of the game. At least a Carles goal.

kNP2Res.png

We dominated the match for 3rd place as well, but lost again. Not the ideal start to my tenure.