Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

I just managed to substitute my GK accidentally with DR...still won 2-0.

It was LFC, so they kept the ball...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My previous Sunderland save. In season 1 I stumbled on a newgen GK who my scouts rated as being League 1 standard already at only 16 years of age and with potential to improve massively. I snapped him up, threw him straight in to the first team and he did the job brilliantly.

Two years and two promotions later we were in the Premiership and he was still my first choice, he kept on improving and my coaches opinion on his potential kept on improving. At this point he was rated as being a decent premiership player and with potential to improve much further.

The thing is that by this point he was starting to attract attention from a host of big clubs and he was getting a bit unhappy with staying at the club. However when we were in the Championship I signed him to a 4 year contract and so whether he liked it or not he was staying until a club met his £80m release clause!

The problem that I was of course going to run in to was that if nobody met it then he wasn't likely to sign a new contract and I would lose him on a free but I decided to take that gamble. I figured that if we did well then we could push up the league far enough that when he was in his final year he would be happy to sign a new contract, and we did really damn well. Survived comfortably in year 1, mid-table in year 2 and in year 3, the final year of his contract, we were pushing for a Champions League spot and I was planning to start contract negotiations when he had about 7 months left on his contract, leave him as much time as possible to see that the club could match his ambition but sign him up again before any other club could make a move and offer him a contract.

Now for the screw up...

When January rolled around I was pretty much just skipping through between games, I wanted to finish the season and was holidaying between matches. One day I arrive back for a match and when skipping through the news saw that Arsenal had a bid accepted for him and he'd agreed to join them. As his contract was near an end his value was plummeting and my assistant had accepted an offer of £7m!

A player who had previously been valued at around £35m, with a release clause of £80m and who was the best player in my team by a country mile sold for £7m. I rage quit the save and started a new game.

Two things that make it even worse.

1) After I quit that save I went and loaded a slightly earlier save from a few weeks before, and found out that at that point he was happy to sign a new contract so I could have easily wrapped him up with a new deal.

2) I checked his PA. It was 184. So I lost a keeper who had the potential to be one of the best in the world for bloody £7m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, mack4ever said:

My previous Sunderland save. In season 1 I stumbled on a newgen GK who my scouts rated as being League 1 standard already at only 16 years of age and with potential to improve massively. I snapped him up, threw him straight in to the first team and he did the job brilliantly.

Two years and two promotions later we were in the Premiership and he was still my first choice, he kept on improving and my coaches opinion on his potential kept on improving. At this point he was rated as being a decent premiership player and with potential to improve much further.

The thing is that by this point he was starting to attract attention from a host of big clubs and he was getting a bit unhappy with staying at the club. However when we were in the Championship I signed him to a 4 year contract and so whether he liked it or not he was staying until a club met his £80m release clause!

The problem that I was of course going to run in to was that if nobody met it then he wasn't likely to sign a new contract and I would lose him on a free but I decided to take that gamble. I figured that if we did well then we could push up the league far enough that when he was in his final year he would be happy to sign a new contract, and we did really damn well. Survived comfortably in year 1, mid-table in year 2 and in year 3, the final year of his contract, we were pushing for a Champions League spot and I was planning to start contract negotiations when he had about 7 months left on his contract, leave him as much time as possible to see that the club could match his ambition but sign him up again before any other club could make a move and offer him a contract.

Now for the screw up...

When January rolled around I was pretty much just skipping through between games, I wanted to finish the season and was holidaying between matches. One day I arrive back for a match and when skipping through the news saw that Arsenal had a bid accepted for him and he'd agreed to join them. As his contract was near an end his value was plummeting and my assistant had accepted an offer of £7m!

A player who had previously been valued at around £35m, with a release clause of £80m and who was the best player in my team by a country mile sold for £7m. I rage quit the save and started a new game.

Two things that make it even worse.

1) After I quit that save I went and loaded a slightly earlier save from a few weeks before, and found out that at that point he was happy to sign a new contract so I could have easily wrapped him up with a new deal.

2) I checked his PA. It was 184. So I lost a keeper who had the potential to be one of the best in the world for bloody £7m.

Why not just play on from the old save rather than start a new game over one player?!

I had a near miss with my best CB and vice captain in league two. He's rated as being good enough for league one but I was so preoccupied with Jan transfer window I ignored his contract renewal. Then a Scottish club came out of the blue with a contract offer! Luckily he turned it down and then a few weeks later when he was less p!55ed off, I got him to sign a renewal at the same wage he was on already! 

Edited by IbrahimAliMaher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bringing through two insanely talented (talking potential national team stars) MC's into my first team at Heerenveen who I was planning to build the squad around for the next 2-5 years.

Not realising my staff had given them only 0.75 million release fees. Losing them after playing them in only 2 and 5 games respectively :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took APOEL from Cyprus to the Europa League Semi-Final, in my 5th season, on FM 19. Where I played Marseille from France and won the home leg 3-0. I was 3-0 up in the away leg until I conceded 7 goals to lose 7-6 on aggregate and if it wasn't for a 92nd minute own goal I would have won on away goals.

20190416214605_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, north_london_fan said:

I took APOEL from Cyprus to the Europa League Semi-Final, in my 5th season, on FM 19. Where I played Marseille from France and won the home leg 3-0. I was 3-0 up in the away leg until I conceded 7 goals to lose 7-6 on aggregate and if it wasn't for a 92nd minute own goal I would have won on away goals.

20190416214605_1.jpg

What skin is this, my good man? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stevicus said:

What skin is this, my good man? 

Im using the YACS version 1.4 skin by ivan on the FM 19 Steam Workshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite is to give the player the bonus clause if playing for national team. Somehow getting to manage the national team and nominate the player.

Boom! There goes 1 million...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won the Europa League semi final first leg 3-0 and complacency set in. I played a completely rotated side in the second leg and lost 6-1. Was 3-0 down after 6 minutes. Sat watching the highlights thinking how badly I’d messed it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played my reserve players in the league thinking it was a cup game.... Lost the game heavily and lost the cup game too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the Europa League group stage. My Fiorentina team were favourites to win our group, and we started with seven points from three games, having drawn 1-1 with Dynamo Kyiv before thrashing Malmö 5-0 and scraping past Slavia Prague 1-0.

GroupTable3.thumb.png.6e811140278329ea3deb7a7ebb2eb927.png

Qualification from there should have been a doddle, right?

Match 4: Slavia Prague away. Slavia started this match surprisingly well, leading 2-0 at half-time. A red card helped us to pull it back to 2-2, but we couldn't quite get the third goal needed for us to qualify. Never mind...

Match 5: Dynamo Kyiv at home. Surely we would seal the job here? It looked that way when we led 2-0 after 11 minutes, and then 3-1 at half-time... but then complacency set in, and two early second-half goals saw Dynamo level at 2-2. 3-3 was how it stayed, and Dynamo leapfrogged us into 1st place on head-to-head. Never mind...

Match 6: Malmö away. With Dynamo already virtually guaranteed a place in the knockout rounds, this match would decide who joined them there. We could afford a draw, whereas Malmö had to win. Having put five goals past them earlier in the competition, this rematch would surely be a piece of cake... unless our star defender lost his head and got sent off after six minutes, prompting us to fall apart at the seams. That surely wasn't going to happen, was it?

Malmo.thumb.png.297735f266496d378e004759f9898e69.png

Oh. My. God.

GroupTable6.thumb.png.d3947951da5f5b20a45408ca25b04a69.png

Probably the worst collapse I have ever had in 20 years of playing Championship/Football Manager. :seagull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My first game at my new club, I didn't pay attention when making a sub and clearly slipped on the mouse a bit.

I ended up playing the last 30 minutes of the match with my very non-match fit, 40 year-old reserve goalkeeper on the left wing.  I didn't notice until after the game.

I still won though so all is well!

Edited by kevhamster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And this despite Forwards on this series apparently never scoring when presented Yards of space (the Definitions of "Yards of space" between this game's playerbase and this game's devs seem to differ a whole bloody lot in General).

okgdr8u1yspy.png


 

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Svenc said:

And this despite Forwards on this series apparently never scoring when presented Yards of space (the Definitions of "Yards of space" between this game's playerbase and this game's devs seem to differ a whole bloody lot in General).

okgdr8u1yspy.png


 

Wow............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 ore fa, Svenc ha scritto:

And this despite Forwards on this series apparently never scoring when presented Yards of space (the Definitions of "Yards of space" between this game's playerbase and this game's devs seem to differ a whole bloody lot in General).

 


 

 What's the story behind such a scoreling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2019 at 11:34, Svenc said:

And this despite Forwards on this series apparently never scoring when presented Yards of space (the Definitions of "Yards of space" between this game's playerbase and this game's devs seem to differ a whole bloody lot in General).

okgdr8u1yspy.png


 

What tactic are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today. I’ve just played the last game of the season and am offered an interview for a new job. At the end I’m asked when I want to join so I say at the end of the season. After I spend ages completing the staff changes request form I’m offered the job and accept the contract. Only then do I notice that I’m due to start in twelve months time not, as I thought, in a couple of weeks 🥵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaking the highest transfer record for my club and paying £100M for an English "super talented" AMC. I was short on English players (thanks to Brexit regulations) and also desparately needed an attacking midfielder so this 19yo seemed to fit the profile, even though he was still a bit rough around the edges. I figured with playing time and some mentoring he's bound to become a world class player.

Fast forward 5 years, he's 24 and hasn't developed much further compared to when I bought him. I check his PA and it's shown as 138! :eek: Should have never bought him for that much.... Or I should just really get a 2nd scout's opinion of the player if I'm investing that kind of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing an entirely rotated squad in a Europa League group game thinking I had already made it through to the knock out rounds. Losing the game. And then seeing the news item that told me I was out of the tournament after finishing third. Not sure how that happened.

Also accidentally set my keeper to take a penalty in a crucial league game once. But luckily he scored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While scrolling through my staff responsibilities, accidentally changing who handled contract renewals. Van der Sar ended up giving Onana a ridiculous release clause, lost him six months later to... Krasnodar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...