Sports Interactive Community
BadAss88

FM19 Manchester City

Strange enough, there isn't a topic for the champions of England! I've just started a save with them as Raúl Gonzalez Blanco!

No first transfer window. Apart from the excellent A-squad there isn't much talent at the club nor depth. The challenge is to bring them the first CL cup! On a personal note, my goal is to become manager of Real Madrid.

I've already given the backroom staff a great overhaul and are sending my scouts around the world to strengthen my team during the winter and next season.

Anyone else has a save with them?

Posted (edited)

Squad 2018/2019:

Goalkeepers:
I'll use a Sweeper Keep on Attack duty and I have Ederson as my first choice goalkeeper for the upcoming years. Behind him I have the experienced Claudio Bravo under contract 'till 2020, although he's injured for the major part of the first season. Arijanet Muric will be his stand-in and I hope he can develop into a decent back-up goalie when Bravo's contract expires or if I decide to sell him even earlier. Otherwise I will need to search the transfermarket for a better option as back-up goalie.
Notable talents: None.

Defenders:
I'll use two Inverted Wingbacks, the right one on Defend duty and the left one on Support duty, and two Central Defenders on Defend duty. Kyle Walker and Danilo will battle for the starting spot at right back, Benjamin Mendy and Fabian Delph will do the same at left back, I'll be looking to replace the latter for a more promising challenger for Mendy. At centre-back I have the talented capabilities of Aymeric Laporte and John Stones, who are a certainty for the future. And there backed-up by the experienced thirties Nicolas Otamendi and Vincent Kompany. Kompany, who is the team captain, has his contract expiring at the end of the season, but if he performs and stays relatively injury-free I'm inclined to extend his contract. The team could do with some more talent in the u18's, because beside the first team there aren't many talents. 
Notable talents: None.

Midfielders:
More soon.

Forwards:
More soon.

Edited by BadAss88

Are you still doing this save?

Maybe I should give it another try! I'm really keen to use a Pep-tactic and Man City has the right players for it + transfer budget to have some fun!

11 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Maybe I should give it another try! I'm really keen to use a Pep-tactic and Man City has the right players for it + transfer budget to have some fun!

Why not make it a youth save? Only sign a player when a player you've developed is sold and to sign a player under 23/24? It'd be more challenging and you'll be making more of the youth facilities than they do in real life.

3 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Why not make it a youth save? Only sign a player when a player you've developed is sold and to sign a player under 23/24? It'd be more challenging and you'll be making more of the youth facilities than they do in real life.

I find scouting and buying players the most fun in FM, so not really keen on a youth challenge, althoough I always try to bring youth to the A-team.

Then not going to find enjoyment with City realistically it's a far too good team to even need to spend for 2-3 seasons

I did a save with them and tried to turn them into a fully home grown team, but it got far too easy just winning everything, and with Brexit became really difficult to find players good enough to make the team within the first 3 years of purchase. I finished after back to back quadruples and undefeated seasons and I barely spent. I bought AWB for less than I sold Danilo, sold Laporte at a huge profit and was replaced by Eder Militao for less, de Ligt was bought with money from Otamendi's sale, had Declan Rice come in, then also moved him out for a 70m profit, Sandro Tonalli is my lynchpin and cost like 13m.

KDB out for 100m, Auoar in for 30. Felix in for 75.

I started spending just cuz I could and had so much money on players like Almada who cost me about 75 even tho he's just a rotation option. Mahrez left for 10, Sterling 30 or so, I had belotti in on a free and two years later he was leaving for 30m but rejected the contract, ended up going for free.

It's a fun save, but not the best save if you like selling players because its super hard their wages are way too high to get any bites.

I just started a Man City save just to have a relaxing save this summer. I look forward to transitioning from a David Silva, Aguero and Kompany to the next generation

I'm always coming back to Man City!! :D

I need to win the CL before Pep does! And I would love to do it with Vince as the captain :) + they got some interesting players you need to replace in the upcoming seasons!

Nobody else is playing them?

I'm in season like... 2026. going all home grown, Stones and B Silva are getting ready to leave the club on a free and after that its all home grown at club or players getting the status soon.

The fullbacks are the hardest to fill and my starting LB is an MC playing IWB, so is my backup RB :D