What is your biggest squad clean-up?

Hi there,

For now I stop to play long saves and enjoy few saves in different challenges/conditions for 1-3 seasons only.

New idea for save - take MU and sell ALL current squad. As you understand I inspired by current squad weakness and infantilism.

But I'm intrigued about reaction, especially taking into account system or hierarchy and social groups.

Do you have the same experience. And which you the biggest cleanup in FM? :) 

I sold all my players in a Newcastle save since it was awfully balanced (I got there and couldn't avoid relegation in 10 matches, we were doomed anyways).

The biggest problem was that nobody wanted to join the team since they said there was no quality on the squad or something like that... no matter how much money I would offer. 
So my word of advice here is to do it gradually.. sell a few players, buy some, sell some others, rinse and repeat. 

On 24/04/2019 at 14:22, Novem9 said:

Hi there,

For now I stop to play long saves and enjoy few saves in different challenges/conditions for 1-3 seasons only.

New idea for save - take MU and sell ALL current squad. As you understand I inspired by current squad weakness and infantilism.

But I'm intrigued about reaction, especially taking into account system or hierarchy and social groups.

Do you have the same experience. And which you the biggest cleanup in FM? :) 

First season with Man United i sold

Chris smalling chelsea 20 million 

Darmian  17 million  china

Valencia 8 million newcastle

ashely young 1,3 million  everton

season 2

Matic  28 million As Monaco 

Alexis Sanches 70 million Chelsea 

Jesse Lingard 63 million Tottenham LOL 

Marcus Rojo 23 million Cardiff 

fellaini 19 million Fiorntina 

Joel Periera Tottenham 27 million  LOL

Side note Guardiola managed tottenham dude always gotta spend that money he left later to atletico madrid

season 3

De gea 101 million

6 hours ago, zlatanera said:

I usually end up clearing out a bunch of youth players to make it more manageable. In Serie A clubs always have so many loan players too that I often get rid of 20-30 people. 

In my first season at Fiorentina it blew my mind that there were 49 players out on loan... i've sold about 55 players in 3 seasons (most of which were not/never going to get near the first team some of these were also players i've bought in) but some have had to be basically given away as nobody would take them or their wages were too high.

Every arsenal save I do every first steamer should be gone by 3rd season apart from bellerin he's mad overrated on this game so he stays oh maybe torreira but that's if no one comes in with a good offer.

The real challenge is getting rid of ozil and mkhitaryan, I usually end up having to sponsor over 100k a week to make them dip. Imagine mkhitaryan was given a 5 year contract 😂😂😂😂 but we let Ramsey's and oxlade and Sanchez run out 🤔

Pre-update Leverkusen.

Bayern wanted one of the Benders for 45 million. They are rotation players in my book and there are four players on the same role with similar skill. Let's just say it went downhill from there.

Bellarabi was throwing a fuss and I botched the response. So there was a minor rebellion on my hand. So more players left that were too angry and some good replacements came for the money. 

But then others were angry about feeling replaced. So they *were* replaced. After the winter window almost the entire classical substitutes and a few team players were gone.

Thankfully I still had the insanely talented frontline and a new talented backfield. Until the summer that is. The offers I got were immoral and I could not refuse every single one! 

Usually, sell most of the first team and most of the youth players. 

Then loan out 17-20-year-olds who have good potential ratings only as valuable players, if not they can stay.

Then spend the cash on newer better players, doesn't matter if they are young or old, as long as they are better. 

I go through each position and make sure I have 3xLB/RB, 5xDC, 3xMC, 3xAMR, 3xAMC, 3xAML, and 4xST.

I'm currently managing RB Leipzig. 

I sold 11 and brought in 11 in the first 6 months.

Sold:

Forsberg, Nukan, Kampl, Ilsanker, Halstenberg, Organ, Gulacsi, Demme, Sabitzer, Poulsen & Burma.

Bought:

Van de beek, Lato, Milenkovic, Plizzari, Berardi, Rajkovic, Omur, Brenner, Vargas, Anton & Norrestrand.

Am 3.5.2019 um 20:24 schrieb Bothan Spy:

I'm currently managing RB Leipzig. 

I sold 11 and brought in 11 in the first 6 months.

Sold:

Forsberg, Nukan, Kampl, Ilsanker, Halstenberg, Organ, Gulacsi, Demme, Sabitzer, Poulsen & Burma.

Bought:

Van de beek, Lato, Milenkovic, Plizzari, Berardi, Rajkovic, Omur, Brenner, Vargas, Anton & Norrestrand.

That's horrendous.

On 01/05/2019 at 17:10, jere_d said:

Every arsenal save I do every first steamer should be gone by 3rd season apart from bellerin he's mad overrated on this game so he stays oh maybe torreira but that's if no one comes in with a good offer.

The real challenge is getting rid of ozil and mkhitaryan, I usually end up having to sponsor over 100k a week to make them dip. Imagine mkhitaryan was given a 5 year contract 😂😂😂😂 but we let Ramsey's and oxlade and Sanchez run out 🤔

I am a Gunners fan and I get that problem. I finally managed to sell Ozil half an hour ago in the second season when he complained to the media he didn’t have first team football. 72 mil but 215k wage coverage. He’s 31 and Leverkusen are spending that money? Probably to replace Havertz who I stole...

5 hours ago, Arsenal457 said:

I am a Gunners fan and I get that problem. I finally managed to sell Ozil half an hour ago in the second season when he complained to the media he didn’t have first team football. 72 mil but 215k wage coverage. He’s 31 and Leverkusen are spending that money? Probably to replace Havertz who I stole...

Yeah I'm an arsenal fan too and him and mhiki are just on way too much. Makes me wonder who was doing contracts over there. But still 350k for a man who's never been player of the season 😭😭😭. Baffling!!!!

Archived