[FM2018] Water load of rubbish! [Youth Academy Challenge]

TheRailwaymen

Welcome to the spa town of Buxton, famous for cheap bottled water and not so famous for their football club.

x51tmb.jpg

The bucks have been in existence since 1877, and play at Silverlands. It has a capacity of 4000, with 490 seats (some of which were salvaged from Maine Road, once home to Man City.)

The squad is average, but most of the talent is on the older end of the spectrum. My backup keeper started the file by hanging up his boots before a ball was kicked! He is now our scout. 

There is one thing Buxton are unbeatable at: the highest ground, sitting over 1000ft above sea level. 

This will be a youth academy only challenge, and I will, for once, be making my own tactic. I will also, where possible, promote staff from within the club.

Manager is Sunday League reputation, no badges. I have simmed one season to get them promoted!

Next update: Mid-season, squad analysis and tactics. 

Aim for the season: Survival. Fa Cup run.

January 1st 2019 - Buxton F.C. 5th in National League North

VpsKeORg_400x400.jpg

"Buxton have surpassed all expectation and sit 5th in the table"

Mid point of the season and the lads are doing me proud. 

Squad Analysis:

GK: Aaron is perfectly fine for the division, we have no understudy until at least March 1st...

DR: Meade was injured for the start of the season, so the 16 year old Wilson has filled in his absence well and has room to grow (hes really slow though!). Enough depth here for now. 

DC: Maguire at 35 cant have too long left, but is of good quality, Young, The Doctor and Nico are barely good enough for the division. Need some youth here soon!

DL: McWilliams is the only one who can play the position. Lets hope for no injuries! 

ML: Not one soul! No left side to the club at all!

MR: One AMR only in Martey, a 16 year old with a terrible personality and no hope.

MC: Enough bodies for a 3 man midfield, but at 38, Ravenhill is likely to retire sooner or later! 

ST: 6 strikers at the club means 4-3-3 is the preferred formation: Hardy has been unstoppable, with Smith, Wilson and Grayson offering plenty of quality. 

FA CUP

Excellent run, a giant killing over Morecambe, bit gutted to go out to Dartford in the second round, next year we will push for a lucrative 3rd round tie!

CMI have studied for my first coaching badge, and the board have just sanctioned my second badge training to begin..

The 2019 Youth Intake

The classic "golden generation" is muttered, but I think that is due to the fact we have 0 youth players presently. After lacking in width on my arrival it is nice to see the club produce some wingers. I will be heading for a 4-4-2 tactic next season as I don't really want to play 4-3-3. 

Pick of the bunch:

Lewis Jones (1a) is a RW with decent pace and work rate, some ok technical stats and a decent determination. He is probably the second best RW at the club already. 

Danny Goldsmith (1b) will jump into the first team ahead of the other average CB options (bar Maguire). He's pretty rapid, decent marking but needs to work on his tackling. 

Sam Munroe (1c) has eccentricity 1 so will always be ideal GK in my book. He's tall and good in the air but distribution stats are lacking. 3 positioning is also a little bit of a concern.

Michael Issa (1D) is a third right back and will likely ply his trade in the under 18s until he's pushing for a first team place. Stats seem spread fairly evenly, can see him ending up with lots of 10s if he develops.

Tom Frecklington (1e) Looks like he will do as backup LB (which is nice because we needed one). His stats are more defence minded than my first teamer. 

Neil Dempsey (1g) Is a left winger, the first at the club. He is poor technically, but his acceleration, flair and determination might make him useful. 

Other names not mentioned who may appear later: Magill (CB), Beechey (CM/AMC).

In other news, RAVENHILL my experienced central midfielder got a long term injury and retired leaving me short in the middle! 

June 2019 - Buxton F.C. 6th in National League North

VpsKeORg_400x400.jpg

The League:

The squad battled hard, but ultimately could not do enough to push out of a very strong division. Going out in the first round of playoff games is disappointing but with us 1000-1 to win the title at the start of the season I can't feel too hard done by. 

Transfers: 0

Squad

Liam Hardy carried us early on but faded drastically as the season went on with Grayson becoming our main man. We struggled for form and consistency in the second half of the season as injuries piled up. Mc Williams was the best of the rest.  

Year  League                  FA Cup         Facilities

2019 Vanarama North   2nd round   No changes

Archived