Sports Interactive Community

Something for FM2020 to consider might be offering a 'start your own franchise' option in the MLS. Get to build a team from scratch. Can be achieved via Data Editor already but for many users they wouldn't know what to do. This would be an awesome addition.

Neil Brock to appear in 5..4..3..2..1..

And tell you it can't be done due to licensing issues

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:11, jrggarwood96 said:

Something for FM2020 to consider might be offering a 'start your own franchise' option in the MLS. Get to build a team from scratch. Can be achieved via Data Editor already but for many users they wouldn't know what to do. This would be an awesome addition.

why is it that a game like OOTP lets you change anything you want but Fm is so locked down? are football leagues really that much more strict than baseball?

1 hour ago, jcp1417 said:

why is it that a game like OOTP lets you change anything you want but Fm is so locked down? are football leagues really that much more strict than baseball?

Would like to know too but guessing Football in World wide and played by a lot more countries

Posted (edited)

nah.. it's just a booshite story to not put in the extra work to make everything customizable.

Edited by weezy3313

On 20/04/2019 at 18:11, jrggarwood96 said:

Wait how do you do this ? 

Would be good, i make this ever season for the last few, keeps me entertained.  working on adding real players for next years.  #Shameless Plug

All NHL / NBA / NFL / MLB Franchises added to the USA & CANADA
Banner - USA & CANADA.png

On 20/04/2019 at 17:11, jrggarwood96 said:

Love this idea! I wish SI could do this. Don't we have a suggestions sub-forum somewhere?...

Posted (edited)
On 12/05/2019 at 05:41, weezy3313 said:

nah.. it's just a booshite story to not put in the extra work to make everything customizable.

I like making things up too.  It's well fun.  You'd probably have gotten away with it too if SI hadn't made this very thing absolutely customisable.

On 02/05/2019 at 05:47, jcp1417 said:

I dare say there's a lot less licensing around baseball than there is football.  Of course football leagues are far stricter - you aren't even allowed to use the correct fixture lists for a lot of leagues without paying for it.  I expect there will be degrees of licensing in any sport, but I don't think MLB are going to be demanding the sort of ridiculously exorbitant amounts that people in football do.

Edited by forameuss

On 01/05/2019 at 18:44, Rigafan said:

Neil Brock to appear in 5..4..3..2..1..

And tell you it can't be done due to licensing issues

Would be ace but this :( 

You could do it via 'Create-a-club' but you'd have to replace a club to do so.