Sports Interactive Community

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks.

When it comes to tactical creation, I will be the first to admit I am useless. I have been playing CM/FM since the battle of Trafalgar bla bla bla, but when it came to the tactical side of life, I always used other peoples. Even when it came to reading some of the fantastic guides that people on here have written, I could not be bothered going through all the writing and went straight to screenshots and copied them. So yea, as my son would say, I am a noob.

Ok, enough of that. After watching the Spurs v Huddersfield game last week, I came up with this formation/tactic. (I was going by the formation on the sky sports app) https://imgur.com/UvdAkHj

It is quite an attacking tactic, with goals coming from all over the Park. So far my strikers are scoring as well as my wingers, with the midfield joining in. https://imgur.com/2XqADqP This is my fixtures so far this season. As you can see, I am unbeaten so far. Now I know what some of you are going to say, its 2023, not original squad, you can use any tactic in that year etc.  I am just sharing with you what I have mad, it is up to you if you try it or not. I am just looking for some expert advice on what they think. I did get the group of death in the Champ League with Barca, Man Utd and AZ. However, I beat Utd in a friendly and beat AZ 5-0.

This is my squad: https://imgur.com/qThICnf

Going forward, I am a tad reluctant to change much as, so far, I have a pretty solid base. One thing I have noticed is my players seem to bunch up in the middle of the park, so I am going to look at the attacking width, and may play a bit more with set pieces. I know its not the greatest ever tactic, but its one I came up with, so to me it is lol

Anyway, thank you if you have read this. As I say, I am a noob when it comes to tactics, and my write up may not be great. Please let me know if you want to know anything else, and of course, if you want to try it out yourself. 

Edited by parsdaft1982

So many attack duties coupled with the Attacking mentality- to me it looks like asking for trouble :stop: (to say nothing of other instructions)

I did have the wingers on support but changed to attack. I am thinking of changing back as results are finally starting to suffer (I knew it was too good to be true lol). I am also considering changing my CM to DLP su, why? Honestly no idea why except a BBM and DLP combo seems to work for me.

I don’t think the trouble will come centrally but from wide areas. Personally I’d say the central midfielders roles & duties distribution is ok. Do you have Spurs as a reference for the style of football and player roles or just the formation? I’m sure we’re playing wingbacks not wide midfielders.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Armistice said:

I don’t think the trouble will come centrally but from wide areas. Personally I’d say the central midfielders roles & duties distribution is ok. Do you have Spurs as a reference for the style of football and player roles or just the formation? I’m sure we’re playing wingbacks not wide midfielders.

It wasnt so much how they played that caught my eye, it was the formation on the sky sports app and I thought it looked interesting.

9 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

BBM and DLP is definitely a safer combo defensively than BBM and CM on attack.

I have changed to this combo for now and sort of messing about with the roles. I'm thinking of changing the CB roles to BPD too. As I say, I am a noob when it comes to tactics and this is my first creation that's giving me relative success.

Edited by parsdaft1982

45 minutes ago, parsdaft1982 said:

I have changed to this combo for now and sort of messing about with the roles. I'm thinking of changing the CB roles to BPD too. As I say, I am a noob when it comes to tactics and this is my first creation that's giving me relative success.

Any role requires a suitable player in order to work. So you need to look at player attributes (and traits as well) to see if it makes sense to use a player in a particular role. And of course, even if you have a suitable player for a role, it still won't work if the role isn't logically integrated in the whole system.

11 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Any role requires a suitable player in order to work. So you need to look at player attributes (and traits as well) to see if it makes sense to use a player in a particular role. And of course, even if you have a suitable player for a role, it still won't work if the role isn't logically integrated in the whole system.

So, last night I had a wee play. Apart from the 2 CM's, I didnt change the roles else where, I just meesed about with the settings. I actually beat the mighty Barcelona at home after the tweaks. Still going to play about but it does have potential I think.

3 hours ago, parsdaft1982 said:

I actually beat the mighty Barcelona at home after the tweaks

That's good. Knowing what, when and how you need to tweak to improve your team's performance is sometimes more important than the starting (basic) tactic itself :thup: