Dynamic Attributes

Tousled44

It'd be good to be able to have more of an influence on a players attributes through training, matches, interaction with players etc. 

I'll use work rate in this example, but it could also apply to things like determination, teamwork etc.  Whether this could be applied to things like Pace / Strength if you'd like your player to develop into a different role (e.g. Calvert-Lewin's development into a target man by working with Duncan Ferguson, bulking up, improving his strength, jumping reach, trait: play with back to goal) etc. 

For example, Everton were on a poor run of form before the last international break (from mid Jan to March, Everton only won twice in 9 games, losing 6). 

Since that break, the players have now won 3 games in a row and not conceded, with the biggest change of all being in tricky wingers Bernard and Richarlison showing a workrate like never before. 

On FM, Bernard's work rate is fixed at 10, whereas this season (& especially recently), his workrate has been much higher (more akin to a 15/16), with him tracking opposition full backs into his own penalty area. Richarlison has been the same on the other side, showing an appetite for defensive work like never before.

Credit has to go to Marco Silva for eking this out of the players, whether it's through interactions with the player (telling them off / convincing them of the need to work harder) or hard training, the results are playing out. Calvert-Lewin is suddenly playing like a man possessed, occupying 2 defenders at once with his strength, jumping, heading, work rate and pace (all stats that would be markedly better than the game's default setting). 

It would be great to be able to have an influence on stats like these on football manager by setting various training schedules, via the side's tactical approach, and by interacting with the player to get them to work harder for the team. 

Nice, although a positive interaction for them to do it would be good as well. 

Wan Bissaka had a 4.8 game for me, directly responsible for 2 goals in a 6-1 drubbing by Watford.

Criticised his performance last game, and he disagreed! Didn't increase his workrate after that either! (Maybe I need to give him an official warning instead). 

On 11/04/2019 at 16:43, Tousled44 said:

Nice, although a positive interaction for them to do it would be good as well. 

Wan Bissaka had a 4.8 game for me, directly responsible for 2 goals in a 6-1 drubbing by Watford.

Criticised his performance last game, and he disagreed! Didn't increase his workrate after that either! (Maybe I need to give him an official warning instead). 

Official warning is much better, almost erring on being too good although I can understand the real life reasons for it being in the game

Sometimes players say it's harsh, but don't get demotivated or upset at you as a result (I mean, they don't get good morale if they agree with you either but I'd rather have the improvement in Determination and/or Work Rate which seems to happen a large fraction of the time). 

Archived