Versatility. Us and Them

Just listened to Sarri's press conference regarding Drinkwaters driving under the influence charge, and the reporter asks whether he (Sarri) is partly responsible because he has never included DD in a matchday squad, let alone first team or bench. Says he told him in August that he didn't fancy him but the player himself decided to stay. Now, say Sarri had no input before his appointment, that leaves a month of pre season to decide yay or nay with a player. I liken it to Moses, aptly at Chelsea, adapting or at least being given opportunity to adapt under Conte or Delph under PG at City - maybe even Aguero proving PG wrong too.

Just wondering if you all mug players off because they don't fit or if you give them a chance, maybe a retrain, or even adapt a little to them?

I'm a bugger for retraining and finding a place for folk, especially if they're a class above my rabble. I can't help turning any old newgen winger into a fullback because it suits my preferred system either.

I don't just decide 'no' is what I mean, I like to give everyone an opportunity whether it's in their preferred position or not.

For me, whatever tactical set up I am going to use, some players are out straightaway if they lack certain attributes - the main ones being work rate, ball control, and composure if I had to name the top three.

However I also have no time for players with certain PPM's - Runs with ball often, Tries killer balls often, Shoots from distance. If a player has one of them I might attempt to get him to unlearn it, a combination of them and they have no future in my team. I think most FM'ers jaws would drop if they saw some of the players I would discard from a team :lol:

Archived