Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mattias333

Crashes when processing

I've never had an issue with crashes at start up since the update but now the game randomly crashes when processing in the same fashion.

Crash dumps appear and have to restart. Does not do it everytime at the same point but its now unplayable as I dunno when its going to do it.

For example, stage im up to in my save is second season and next continue click takes you to match day screen.

Sometime it processes and can play the game but then randomly crashes in the in game days following this. Other times it crashes on the processing loading up the match day screen. Never had any issues prior to the update.

Tried starting a new save unemployed and clicked proceed for a in game week and no crashes. Worried it just effects current old saves and new saves uneffected?

Hopefully someone can explain more.

Cache files deleted also as per a few of the other threads advice regarding similar issues.

FM 2019 v19.3.4.1206437 (2019.04.02 15.59.44).dmp FM 2019 v19.3.4.1206437 (2019.04.02 16.39.46).dmp

9 minutes ago, Mattias333 said:

I've never had an issue with crashes at start up since the update but now the game randomly crashes when processing in the same fashion.

Crash dumps appear and have to restart. Does not do it everytime at the same point but its now unplayable as I dunno when its going to do it.

For example, stage im up to in my save is second season and next continue click takes you to match day screen.

Sometime it processes and can play the game but then randomly crashes in the in game days following this. Other times it crashes on the processing loading up the match day screen. Never had any issues prior to the update.

Tried starting a new save unemployed and clicked proceed for a in game week and no crashes. Worried it just effects current old saves and new saves uneffected?

Hopefully someone can explain more.

Cache files deleted also as per a few of the other threads advice regarding similar issues.

FM 2019 v19.3.4.1206437 (2019.04.02 15.59.44).dmp 302.2 kB · 0 downloads FM 2019 v19.3.4.1206437 (2019.04.02 16.39.46).dmp 400.66 kB · 0 downloads

Are you running any custom graphics/logos/skins or any other add-ons? If so, if you remove them all as a test then delete your preferences and cache folder (details below) does it help? 

How to delete preferences and cache - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r615/

On 03/04/2019 at 11:52, Neil Brock said:

Are you running any custom graphics/logos/skins or any other add-ons? If so, if you remove them all as a test then delete your preferences and cache folder (details below) does it help? 

How to delete preferences and cache - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r615/

firstly thankyou for the fast response neil. You've helped me with issues on past editions of the game an you an the teams work often goes massively unappreicated. Just wanted to make it clear a good % of fans do appreciate all the effort an work that goes in.

In response to my issues, ive returned from business away and will not get cracking with the suggestions you've made. I've already deleted the cache but will also do the suggested preferences delete as per the above. I'll try removing the graphics as a test but im confused how the minimal graphics i've added would make much difference as it was all fine prior to the winter update patch. Will give it a go now though and report back.

Two hours to temp move the graphics folder to a different location? is there a different way in game to disable graphics temp to test the above?

On 03/04/2019 at 11:52, Neil Brock said:

Custom graphics removed and cache and preferences cleared and no more crashes. Very odd. Wish I understood why this is, because the graphics havent caused a single issue prior to latest patch and to me its a deal breaker as I hate the wrong club badges etc. I can live without facepacks etc so may try that next. Hopefully something can be sorted soon,

11 hours ago, Mattias333 said:

Custom graphics removed and cache and preferences cleared and no more crashes. Very odd. Wish I understood why this is, because the graphics havent caused a single issue prior to latest patch and to me its a deal breaker as I hate the wrong club badges etc. I can live without facepacks etc so may try that next. Hopefully something can be sorted soon,

Hey, 

It's quite common that custom graphics mess up the game for some people,

We're glad to hear that the crashes have stopped,

Thank you for your extra info,

Enjoy your FM experience,

Cheers,

Hugo

6 hours ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Hey, 

It's quite common that custom graphics mess up the game for some people,

We're glad to hear that the crashes have stopped,

Thank you for your extra info,

Enjoy your FM experience,

Cheers,

Hugo

Dont disagree thats its common, but why did I have a perfectly 100% working game before the official update and now since the update I cant use the graphics I was using? Just a few of the most popular face packs, kits etc.

Seems a real shame that through no fault of my own the game experience is now not as good.

I understand your frustrations,

However any external downloads that aren't officially created by us have the possibility to mess up the game at any time.

When downloading these external files you are running this risk.

We recommend playing the game bare bones and if you are going to download files I would recommend downloading them from a trusted source.

However keep in mind they have the potential to mess up your game at any time,

Cheers,

Hugo