How to create 32 number of groups in group stage? (FM19)

namooamita

Hi guys,

I am currently modifying worldwide champions league.

I am now stuck in some issue regarding the setting group stage.

I just attached the screenshot to show where I am having problem and highlighted it.

The editor is primarily limiting the maximum number of groups in group stage in 26 groups.

However, I found out that someone invalidated this limitation as he created 32 groups as shown in the screenshot.(I don't know how he did it)

So I myself tried to create 32 or more groups but every time i try, it is always limited in 26 groups total.

Could someone explain the way to create groups more than 26?

Thank you

20190409183256_1.jpg

I have yet to look at FM19, however as I said a few years ago in the Fifa Champions League. Have a go and see what happens.

"I been playing round with FM16 & found a way to increase the number of groups beyond 26.  And have either just group winners and or group winners + runners up going though. I yet to buy FM17 however I can explain how I did it on FM16 if you want to try yourself. Go via stream folder to FM17 Editor>Data>Format>Rule Group>Advanced go to group XML and in the section (Number of groups change the max line to at least 32 - Side effect is the name of the groups does get messy, which I cant find a way round to get it to work nicely."

13 hours ago, Lewesrook said:

I have yet to look at FM19, however as I said a few years ago in the Fifa Champions League. Have a go and see what happens.

"I been playing round with FM16 & found a way to increase the number of groups beyond 26.  And have either just group winners and or group winners + runners up going though. I yet to buy FM17 however I can explain how I did it on FM16 if you want to try yourself. Go via stream folder to FM17 Editor>Data>Format>Rule Group>Advanced go to group XML and in the section (Number of groups change the max line to at least 32 - Side effect is the name of the groups does get messy, which I cant find a way round to get it to work nicely."

I tried what you explained but couldn't find the folder you mentioned above.

There seem to be no subfolers of FM19 Editor in my FM19 version unfortunately..

Thanks anyway for your tip.

you need to use FM resource archiver to extract "comp editor.fmf". Then, you will have xml files instead of fmf.  And so you will be able to change the line you want.

16 hours ago, Monsi9958 said:

you need to use FM resource archiver to extract "comp editor.fmf". Then, you will have xml files instead of fmf.  And so you will be able to change the line you want.

I got it

It perfectly works now.

By the way, is it possible to modify the maximum value of player attributes beyond 25 in this way such as pace and jumping..?

Thank you all

go there : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\data\comp editor\format\database\player.xml and change the lines "pace" and "jumping".

Archived