Sports Interactive Community

Seem to be having issues with players wanting to leave after being rotated. For example; Bellerin (currently set to First Team) was rested for a league match due to condition being around 95%. The following match was Carabo Cup, so as normal I played mostly 2nd team.

Him missing these 2 matches prompted a press question about wether he is still part of my plans; I responded with the 'still part of my plans' answer.... but that seemed to trigger him now wanting to leave to get more football.

**not wanting to stuff up my current save, I fixed his unhappiness with he editor**

Just can't see this happening in real life. Fair enough if I start giving him the Ozil treatment and start leaving him out all the time... but this just seems an overreaction, as I always play him unless his condition is low.

Can anyone advise on how many games players expect to be played depending on Squad Status? I.e would Key Player be 95%, 1st Team be 85%, Rotation be 70% etc etc

Had the same issue with Sancho, he was playing all matches and he was constantly unhappy with not playing enough football....??

To put it in context Donnarruma is set as Key Player and has been rested for a few games, but has no issue with the amount of football.

Can you send us in a save as we are not seeing this on our end.

Please note you may need to compress the save into a .zip file in order to attach it.

2 hours ago, James Akintayo said:

Can you send us in a save as we are not seeing this on our end.

Please note you may need to compress the save into a .zip file in order to attach it.

Save attached.

Note; I have since offered Sancho and Donnarruma new contracts as 'Rotation' rather than 'First Team' to get around this issue.

fm_save1.zip

Here is another save from earlier on in the season (before I started giving new contracts as 'Rotation' to get around the issue).

In this save Sancho, Hernandez and Bellerin are all unhappy with the amount of football they are getting. Back in Sept there was a news story about Sancho not being played, despite him only missing a few games at the time. I defended player, saying he was still part of my plans.... which for some reason the board did not like...

I'm really enjoying the new update as it forces rotation more, and I find it much more challenging during packed schedule times and towards the end of the season... but if I can't rest any First Team or Key Players through fear of making them unhappy, then I'm forced to use the editor (which kinda defeats the object).

I only rest them for Carabao Cup games, whenever their condition is below 97% or whenever 'needs a rest' or 'is being overplayed' are shown under training.

fm_save2.zip

Just to mention your comment about squad rotation not triggering this might have helped me figure out what is occuring - fingers crossed :D

18 hours ago, TonyGunk said:

I'm really enjoying the new update as it forces rotation more, and I find it much more challenging during packed schedule times and towards the end of the season... but if I can't rest any First Team or Key Players through fear of making them unhappy, then I'm forced to use the editor (which kinda defeats the object).

I only rest them for Carabao Cup games, whenever their condition is below 97% or whenever 'needs a rest' or 'is being overplayed' are shown under training.

fm_save2.zip 7.62 MB · 1 download

I agree that the update is much better with the conditioning. I know this has seen the community split but I think the balance is pretty good right now.

Personally, I can't see the fun in editing the game in this situation, but of course, I accept that everyone has a different idea of what they want from the game.

On 07/04/2019 at 13:07, TonyGunk said:

Seem to be having issues with players wanting to leave after being rotated. For example; Bellerin (currently set to First Team) was rested for a league match due to condition being around 95%. The following match was Carabo Cup, so as normal I played mostly 2nd team.

Him missing these 2 matches prompted a press question about wether he is still part of my plans; I responded with the 'still part of my plans' answer.... but that seemed to trigger him now wanting to leave to get more football.

**not wanting to stuff up my current save, I fixed his unhappiness with he editor**

Just can't see this happening in real life. Fair enough if I start giving him the Ozil treatment and start leaving him out all the time... but this just seems an overreaction, as I always play him unless his condition is low.

Can anyone advise on how many games players expect to be played depending on Squad Status? I.e would Key Player be 95%, 1st Team be 85%, Rotation be 70% etc etc

Had the same issue with Sancho, he was playing all matches and he was constantly unhappy with not playing enough football....??

To put it in context Donnarruma is set as Key Player and has been rested for a few games, but has no issue with the amount of football.

I also have this same issue. But mine has to do with Morale. I drop Donarumma for Lunch for a few games (Cops Del Rey games) and his morale drops to red (low) . Help.