Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Hello Guys

There is something I ask myself every year and cannot find answers.

Why dont SI make all leagues, competitions on the game?

They are best seller every year earning millions on selling FM.

They have the money, the infrastructure, people, time, sources... but still we depend on guys like claasen, uncle sam or do it by ourselves, wasting days, weeks, months to have a more realistic game.

Every year the same, because SI cannot do Egypt league, Cyprus or New Caledonia for example. It's not about money. It' about us who are loyal to the game for decades.

We love the game and we deserve it. It's not that much.

Love u guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, igorferreira118 said:

It's not about money

It's literally about money.

In order to develop more for the game than they do now they need to do one of two things, either one find a way to get more work from people (so more hours, less holidays and maybe some innovative advances in working practice) or get more people. Both cost money.

Ideally a league included will be licensed which costs money. 

It has to be tested, which costs money.

Researching the rules for all the competitions and implementing them would cost money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, igorferreira118 said:

Hello Guys

There is something I ask myself every year and cannot find answers.

Why dont SI make all leagues, competitions on the game?

They are best seller every year earning millions on selling FM.

They have the money, the infrastructure, people, time, sources... but still we depend on guys like claasen, uncle sam or do it by ourselves, wasting days, weeks, months to have a more realistic game.

Every year the same, because SI cannot do Egypt league, Cyprus or New Caledonia for example. It's not about money. It' about us who are loyal to the game for decades.

We love the game and we deserve it. It's not that much.

Love u guys.

You confuse two things here. In order to have the country in default database, SI have to get licenses and more importantly - researchers, to make sure that this league is made as accurate as possible. And it does include player ratings, club ratings, facilities, stadium etc. So if we want a Cyprus to be a part of FM default leagues - SI need to employ researchers and that costs money and time. And nobody want to give money and time away for no sales in that country. So if some league will have higher than normal sales - SI would probably consider doing research there and making at least first two divisions in next FM. So it's about money.

And with no disrespect to all editors you've mentioned (myself included) - these guys are only activating the leagues and make rules for the league. Nothing more. Yes, it's painful and tough job to search for foreign rules in minor countries but consider this - Head researchers at least make opportunity to activate all these inactive leagues in editor. So if you want, you can recreate a league system in any country you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, santy001 said:

It's literally about money.

In order to develop more for the game than they do now they need to do one of two things, either one find a way to get more work from people (so more hours, less holidays and maybe some innovative advances in working practice) or get more people. Both cost money.

Ideally a league included will be licensed which costs money. 

It has to be tested, which costs money.

Researching the rules for all the competitions and implementing them would cost money.

You cant make money with out spending it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 horas atrás, Bigpole disse:

You confuse two things here. In order to have the country in default database, SI have to get licenses and more importantly - researchers, to make sure that this league is made as accurate as possible. And it does include player ratings, club ratings, facilities, stadium etc. So if we want a Cyprus to be a part of FM default leagues - SI need to employ researchers and that costs money and time. And nobody want to give money and time away for no sales in that country. So if some league will have higher than normal sales - SI would probably consider doing research there and making at least first two divisions in next FM. So it's about money.

And with no disrespect to all editors you've mentioned (myself included) - these guys are only activating the leagues and make rules for the league. Nothing more. Yes, it's painful and tough job to search for foreign rules in minor countries but consider this - Head researchers at least make opportunity to activate all these inactive leagues in editor. So if you want, you can recreate a league system in any country you want.

I don't think license is an issue as long they have several default leagues already i n the game... i'm not sure, but i think a FIFpro license is enough.

About money... i think it would be a good investment to hire people, researchers and make the game even more impressive. It' worth it. Money should not be a problem for one of the best seller game in the world.

Hope some day they realise it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, igorferreira118 said:

I don't think license is an issue as long they have several default leagues already i n the game... i'm not sure, but i think a FIFpro license is enough.

About money... i think it would be a good investment to hire people, researchers and make the game even more impressive. It' worth it. Money should not be a problem for one of the best seller game in the world.

Hope some day they realise it.

In their last set of accounts SI posted a loss of £3.3m

Now while that doesn't mean anything massive in and of itself, as there can be a whole host of factors involved. SI lost money with the expenditure for the game they currently have. FM is not priced as an AAA title. In addition to this, it has resisted the tropes of season passes for content updates, it has avoided lootbox mechanics. It also happens to be on steam, which recent information shows that Steam are getting a pretty hefty cut of that in most cases. 

The reality of making a game isn't matching up to what your expectations are. 

In an era of gaming where companies keep making massive promises about the extra revenue that will be brought in from extra features, it's quite nice SI aren't doing that because the only real cost at the end tends to be low level developers who lose their jobs in massive numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will depend if they have licenses for those leagues. It is a question of time and resources. To include a new league they would have to have researchers to find information on a given league, all the clubs, their players, the ratings of those players, the attributes of those players etc. All of this data would have to be checked and balanced with the rest of the game. They would have to increase the amount of time they spend testing the database. More time fixing errors. It is not so simple, easy or cheap as you think. They do provide the tools so people can add new content themselves, which they do.

You have to consider as well that while there is a huge amount of content generated by users, a lot of it is nowhere near the level that would be required to go into the base game. A lot of people will create league systems but not edit players, for instance. Finding information on players and adding them into the game is quite time consuming. I created an African update where I tried to add as much realism as possible by including real players, real contracts, etc. It took me tens of hours to do this. That was only for the top division of 5 countries, and without me trying to give entirely accurate CA, PA and attributes. It is a massive amount of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The true and most important question is:

Want we to have make leagues, competitions on the game or to have an editor that works well, more than actually?

 

According to me, SI could concetrate on give us a "perfect" editor: if we have this one, we can create all the leagues/competitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...