[Suggestion] For FM20

nenoro

Hiya guys! (I won't post this suggestion on suggestion category I feel like this thread will avoid or completely impossible for SI)

NOTE:

1. Those are suggestions not ask remember the difference guys,

2. Stop saying test FM Touch. 

3. Definition of Option: The right to choose 

First of all I have FM18, I didn't buy the 19 even I want it but I hold my electronic flat paper for the next version if SI adds so much changes. I have thinking about features and improvement I would love to see in FM20 I know it will be impossible for some but honestly I think anyone would agree with those features/improve/remove.

Features:

- Japanese league

Commentary: if you can add Hong Kong league then it will be easy to add Japan

- New option for the match named "quick match"

Commentary > "quick match" because I'm tired to play each match I don't want to waste my time for each match (ex. F.A Premier League FM game who has 4 options)

- Stadium and buildings windows

Commentary > FAPLFM02 let us to construct buildings like shop, parking, training camp, hospital, clubhouse... and a window where we can see the stadium(s) and we can upgrade each part and it includes a 3D visualization.

- Add an option for language course all players instead of one by one

Commentary > When you recruit more than 140 players you don't have the button to send them to language course, so you have to do it manually and you know you waste your time (FAPLFM02 doesn't have it)

- Add new emails > monthly awards (best player of the month, best young player of the month, best manager of the month), Financial opinion,

Commentary > FAPLFM has those emails

Improve/remove:

- Improve or remove meeting with players

Commentary > I avoid any talk with players because it's broken if you talk to them they won't win the match so I win any match when I don't talk to them.

- Improve skip days

Commentary > when the game skips day it stops 4 time per day same when there is a match. Can you improve it to skip instantly and when there is a match reach directly the match.

- Improve match engine

Commentary > People complain the match engine is broken

- Improve transfer price

Commentary > In FAPLFM when you want a player you put a price if he costs 8 millions well you increase by 2 so you ask for 16 millions, you wait the next week and you get an answer from the team for a yes or no (rarely for the no). In FM Lo Celso costs 8.25M and you click on suggest it is between 80 - 120 millions.... WHAT THE HELL???? This is so much unrealistic for me, normally I will put 8.25*2 = 16.5.

- improve injuries

Commentary > too much players in my team get injured even I give them 2 - 3 days after a match; I put one rest before the match at or training and after.

- Improve inbox

Commentary > Can we reduce the size of the inbox, some e-mails have lack of details take example of FAPLFM

- Remove player's complain

Commentary > When you don't let them play they ask you to play even they have played 2 matchs for example they complain (What the hell). Also if I don't let them play there is a reason "it because I want them for the next season while they train" but I can't select this reason when I talk to them. And also one sad affects all the team... Also when I let one player plays because he complains suddenly he gets injured during the match....

- Remove journalists interviews

Commentary > I skip them because they are annoying and it is always the same questions please remove them you will reduce your work.

- Remove/improve staff can leave the team for another

Commentary > How bout NO, when I talk to one of them they don't care what you say they leave... in FAPLFM they don't leave they have a contract they stay until you decide to fire them or not....

- Remove complain because I give the captain's armband to another player same for captain's second

Commentary > When I recruit Kobayashi and Wendell they both ask for second captain and one of them gets mad if I forgot to change the promise for one of them

- Remove complain when I send a player to the reserves or youth team

Commentary > This is so annoying and their morale decreased....

- Reduce number of staff

Commentary > please reduce the number of people per job for 2 - 3 maximum (16 scouts is too much)

- Limit the number of players by teams

Commentary > it is good to have an army of recent and future players but I would prefer to be limited by 40 players by team (FAPLFM limit the number of players for good reason not to be greedy)

- Remove team briefing

Commentary > I don’t need to brief my team I just want to play the match (I would prefer to have a quick result than rather play the match)

Most important improvement:

- No more lags and freeze

Commentary > France, Spain, Italy when you select a team from one of those countries the game lags or freeze and it freezes for 1 minute i have click on the game to close the bar on the top...

- Improve the game speed + treatment

Commentary > What I mean is when we start a new game we have to select a country or more, select the leagues, select the size of the database and those have an impact when we click on the button “start” and after because the treatment of what we have selected takes 1 minute+ each time.

- No DRM this year

Commentary > Let's try for one year with FM20 with no DRM included to see if people will less complain about lag and freezes.

Where FM fails and not FAPLFM:

- When I launch FAPLFM I click on new game, I select my team and bam I play. DB and leagues / cups / extra cups are loaded without slow the game.

- FAPLFM you play for example 8 hours, in game you have played 5+ seasons / FM you play 8 hours you didn't finish the season because the game stops 4 times (maybe less when no matchs or stupid treatment) and you are still in the middle of the season.

I don’t understand FAPLFM02 has “kinda” the same DB than FM but the treatment goes so fast and you can consult 8 countries with their leagues tables (England (5 leagues), Italy (2 leagues), Germany (4 leagues), Holland (2 leagues), Belgium (2 leagues), France (2 leagues), Scotland (4 leagues), Spain (2 leagues)).

i have two questions >

- Do you test your game before you release it ?

- Did someone realize releasing a game with slow mo treatment was a good idea ?

Thanks in advance for reading. =)

Nenoro

Edited by nenoro

https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

It is there for a reason... Said that here are a couple of inputs from me:

12 minutes ago, nenoro said:

New option for the match named "quick match"

This is in FM Touch. And the same goes for a lot of your suggestions such as interviews, team briefings, etc

13 minutes ago, nenoro said:

- Add new emails > monthly awards (best player of the month, best young player of the month, best manager of the month), Financial opinion,

This is in leagues that actually have them.

14 minutes ago, nenoro said:

- Improve match engine

And they don't do this?

21 minutes ago, nenoro said:

No DRM this year

Do FM have DRM now? I think it's only Steam validation to install and run, unless I'm mistaken?

15 minutes ago, nenoro said:

Remove player's complain

Why? This is a key component of the game, and something that is not as difficult in FM Touch

15 minutes ago, nenoro said:

improve injuries

Injuries are about 80% of real life. So do you want more injuries?

16 minutes ago, nenoro said:

So no new staff for any teams, except when contracts run out? This would also mean YOU can't take staff from other teams. And why would you stop this?

Summary:

I'm left stumped to most of these suggestions. You want to remove most components of the game? Why not play FM Touch then? That game is more streamlined to be quicker and easier to play without the full fat FM stuff. It doesn't seem like you want FM to be a simulation of the football world, but rather a.... I don't even know... a bastard child of a simulation and a fantasy world were are the rules are made up and the points don't matter?

Asking if SI don't test their game before release is just uneducated, rude and plain dumb and almost don't deserve a reply.

Edited by XaW

37 minutes ago, XaW said:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

It is there for a reason... Said that here are a couple of inputs from me:

This is in FM Touch. And the same goes for a lot of your suggestions such as interviews, team briefings, etc

And they don't do this?

Do FM have DRM now? I think it's only Steam validation to install and run, unless I'm mistaken?

Why? This is a key component of the game, and something that is not as difficult in FM Touch

Injuries are about 80% of real life. So do you want more injuries?

So no new staff for any teams, except when contracts run out? This would also mean YOU can't take staff from other teams. And why would you stop this?

Summary:

I'm left stumped to most of these suggestions. You want to remove most components of the game? Why not play FM Touch then? That game is more streamlined to be quicker and easier to play without the full fat FM stuff. It doesn't seem like you want FM to be a simulation of the football world, but rather a.... I don't even know... a bastard child of a simulation and a fantasy world were are the rules are made up and the points don't matter?

Asking if SI don't test their game before release is just uneducated, rude and plain dumb and almost don't deserve a reply.

SI are still using denuvo DRM I believe

I echo a lot of what @XaW has written, including that you should have posted this in the Feature Requests forum.

Personally, I find it a bit curious that you're comparing FM19 to a defunct franchise that hasn't been relevant for the better part of 20 years (though EA's football management series continued under different names until 2013). Here are my thoughts on some of your suggestions:

42 minutes ago, nenoro said:

- Japanese league

This'll be down to licensing reasons. As far as I know, Konami have an exclusive J-League licence, and convincing them to relinquish or even share it would be very, very expensive.

43 minutes ago, nenoro said:

Commentary > FAPLFM02 let us to construct buildings like shop, parking, training camp, hospital, clubhouse... and a window where we can see the stadium(s) and we can upgrade each part and it includes a 3D visualization.

This suggestion has been made many times before, and the counter-argument is that football managers are generally not involved in any of what you've suggested. For example, I don't think Pep Guardiola will be given the authority to build a hospital outside the Etihad any time soon (unless he plays Two Point Hospital, perhaps :D).

46 minutes ago, nenoro said:

- Improve match engine

By most accounts, the match engine isn't broken. Most of those FMers who complain are the types of players who think that just because their team manages 40 shots on goal and 65% of possession means they should automatically win every match 5-0.

48 minutes ago, nenoro said:

- Improve transfer price

Commentary > In FAPLFM when you want a player you put a price if he costs 8 millions well you increase by 2 so you ask for 16 millions, you wait the next week and you get an answer from the team for a yes or no (rarely for the no). In FM Lo Celso costs 8.25M and you click on suggest it is between 80 - 120 millions.... WHAT THE HELL???? This is so much unrealistic for me, normally I will put 8.25*2 = 16.5.

If you offer £8.25million for a player who's worth that, and the club comes back 'wanting' £100million, they're basically saying, "He's not for sale, unless you really want to burn a lot of money."

If a player is happy at their club, and the club are happy with their player, it usually takes a lot of money to bring about a sale. This is how it is in real life (see Lukaku, Mbappé, Alisson, and many other examples).

51 minutes ago, nenoro said:

Commentary > I skip them because they are annoying and it is always the same questions please remove them you will reduce your work.

Real journalists' interviews are annoying, and it's always the same questions.

52 minutes ago, nenoro said:

If the player in question is a key first-teamer who's been dropped to the reserves, they might have a point.

53 minutes ago, nenoro said:

Commentary > it is good to have an army of recent and future players but I would prefer to be limited by 40 players by team (FAPLFM limit the number of players for good reason not to be greedy)

Shh, nobody tell Chelsea that, or they'll have to get rid of all the 50+ players they have out on loan! :lol:

I could go on, but I think I've made my points. It sounds like you have no idea whatsoever about how man-management works - or indeed, how many aspects of modern professional football work. The football world of 2019 is very different to the football world of 1999 (when £15million bought you one of the best strikers in the world, instead of an above-average second-division defender, for example).

I'd suggest having a look at Football Manager Touch if you want something that's less time-consuming and more like FAPLFM.

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

This'll be down to licensing reasons. As far as I know, Konami have an exclusive J-League licence, and convincing them to relinquish or even share it would be very, very expensive.

They included Argentina to Venezuela without licenced kits and logos so why not J-League your argue isn't valid.

If the player in question is a key first-teamer who's been dropped to the reserves, they might have a point.

I don't see players i recruit as key first-team

If you offer £8.25million for a player who's worth that, and the club comes back 'wanting' £100million, they're basically saying, "He's not for sale, unless you really want to burn a lot of money."

If a player is happy at their club, and the club are happy with their player, it usually takes a lot of money to bring about a sale. This is how it is in real life (see Lukaku, Mbappé, Alisson, and many other examples).

For me this is non sense if the game has to stick with real life then the game is doomed.

By most accounts, the match engine isn't broken. Most of those FMers who complain are the types of players who think that just because their team manages 40 shots on goal and 65% of possession means they should automatically win every match 5-0.

I mean broken when you see a player who is doing moonwalk or stop running and let the player scores. i don't mind about stats

2 hours ago, XaW said:

France > Championnat National for example doesn't have Monthly awards.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Is this option the end of the FMC ? I don't think so, so stop saying "FM Touch" i'm not a FM Touch player i want that on FMC not something who is cut by dlcs !

@XaW How about you read my commentary for each feature/improve/remove i write ?

8 minutes ago, nenoro said:

Is this option the end of the FMC ? I don't think so, so stop saying "FM Touch" i'm not a FM Touch player i want that on FMC not something who is cut by dlcs !

I read them, and I disagree completely with most suggestions.

DLCs? What DLCs?

It's far too easy to say "I'm not a FM Touch player", but at the same time say you want to remove the features that are already removed in FM Touch. I mean, if you want a "light" version of FM without several features, then you have it, but don't want it because it's not the same as the full game. THAT IS THE WHOLE REASON FOR A LIGHT VERSION. I mean, honestly, look at what you are asking for...

33 minutes ago, nenoro said:

I mean broken when you see a player who is doing moonwalk or stop running and let the player scores. i don't mind about stats

That's not a match engine issue. That's a graphics engine issue.

34 minutes ago, nenoro said:

For me this is non sense if the game has to stick with real life then the game is doomed.

:lol: It's a football management simulation. High transfer fees are part and parcel of modern top-level football, so it would be ridiculous if clubs are perfectly happy to let you sign any of their players for their market value.

2 hours ago, nenoro said:

Hiya guys! (I won't post this suggestion on suggestion category I feel like this thread will avoid or completely impossible for SI)

First of all I have FM18, I didn't buy the 19 even I want it but I hold my electronic flat paper for the next version if SI adds so much changes. I have thinking about features and improvement I would love to see in FM20 I know it will be impossible for some but honestly I think anyone would agree with those features/improve/remove.

Features:

- Japanese league

As mentioned. They don't have the license, and it will be (probably) fairly expensive to get the license.

- New option for the match named "quick match"

Commentary > "quick match" because I'm tired to play each match I don't want to waste my time for each match (ex. F.A Premier League FM game who has 4 options)
Goes against the idea for FM. Download a skin that has it. Possibly FM Touch has it?

Not a manager's/head coach's job.

- Add an option for language course all players instead of one by one

Commentary > When you recruit more than 140 players you don't have the button to send them to language course, so you have to do it manually and you know you waste your time (FAPLFM02 doesn't have it)
I really question the necessity of recruiting more than 140 players, but i wouldn't be against the idea for one button when you have more than one player arriving at the club at the same time.

Commentary > FAPLFM has those emails
So does FM for the leagues that have those awards.

Improve/remove:

- Improve or remove meeting with players

Commentary > I avoid any talk with players because it's broken if you talk to them they won't win the match so I win any match when I don't talk to them.
All about man management. 

- Improve skip days

Commentary > when the game skips day it stops 4 time per day same when there is a match. Can you improve it to skip instantly and when there is a match reach directly the match.
This could be improved in certain aspects of the game.

- Improve match engine

Not as easy as it might seem. There are definitely issues but it's certainly not broken.

- Improve transfer price

That's the other team telling you they really don't want to sell the player. You won't be able to sign every single player that you want for what you want.

- improve injuries

Commentary > too much players in my team get injured even I give them 2 - 3 days after a match; I put one rest before the match at or training and after.
Injuries are less frequent than in real life. Improving injuries would increase the frequency. It's all about player management and rotation. Planning ahead.

- Improve inbox

Commentary > Can we reduce the size of the inbox, some e-mails have lack of details take example of FAPLFM
Nothing to say about this one other than it doesn't bother me personally.

- Remove player's complain

Commentary > When you don't let them play they ask you to play even they have played 2 matchs for example they complain (What the hell). Also if I don't let them play there is a reason "it because I want them for the next season while they train" but I can't select this reason when I talk to them. And also one sad affects all the team... Also when I let one player plays because he complains suddenly he gets injured during the match....
Can't really comment on this one as i haven't experienced this myself other than when a player does express concern i talk to the player about it.
Different players have different opinions about how much they should play, based on personality and squad status (probably more as well).

An annoying part of a manager's job is to do those interviews. Leave it to the assistant.

Commentary > How bout NO, when I talk to one of them they don't care what you say they leave... in FAPLFM they don't leave they have a contract they stay until you decide to fire them or not....
Depends on the club you're managing. I have had several staff (being Dungannon) say no to high reputation clubs. But i agree they leave way too often. Even after less than a season at the club.

- Remove complain because I give the captain's armband to another player same for captain's second

Commentary > When I recruit Kobayashi and Wendell they both ask for second captain and one of them gets mad if I forgot to change the promise for one of them
The one who gets mad feels he his better suited. Then, he would complain. Pretty normal.

Player(s) feel they're too good for the reserves. Pretty normal.

- Reduce number of staff

Commentary > please reduce the number of people per job for 2 - 3 maximum (16 scouts is too much)
If that's all you want then that's all you need to hire. You don't have to have the maximum number if you don't want it. It's just the limit set by the board.

Then YOU can keep the limit yourself to 40 players. Don't have to add just because you can.

- Remove team briefing

Commentary > I don’t need to brief my team I just want to play the match (I would prefer to have a quick result than rather play the match)
Disable it under Staff Responsibilities.

Most important improvement:

- No more lags and freeze

Commentary > France, Spain, Italy when you select a team from one of those countries the game lags or freeze and it freezes for 1 minute i have click on the game to close the bar on the top...
I have noticed, over several iterations, the slowdown on the Italian clubs and Italian based players. Would be nice if it was better optimised.

- Improve the game speed + treatment

Commentary > What I mean is when we start a new game we have to select a country or more, select the leagues, select the size of the database and those have an impact when we click on the button “start” and after because the treatment of what we have selected takes 1 minute+ each time.
Patience is a virtue.

- No DRM this year

Commentary > Let's try for one year with FM20 with no DRM included to see if people will less complain about lag and freezes.
Nothing to say here as it's something that doesn't bother me.

Where FM fails and not FAPLFM:

- When I launch FAPLFM I click on new game, I select my team and bam I play. DB and leagues / cups / extra cups are loaded without slow the game.
FM database is significantly bigger than FAPLFM. You can, however, change the database size yourself, upon starting a new save.

- FAPLFM you play for example 8 hours, in game you have played 5+ seasons / FM you play 8 hours you didn't finish the season because the game stops 4 times (maybe less when no matchs or stupid treatment) and you are still in the middle of the season.
Full FM will take time, regardless. But it depends on how you play it as well, though.

I don’t understand FAPLFM02 has “kinda” the same DB than FM but the treatment goes so fast and you can consult 8 countries with their leagues tables (England (5 leagues), Italy (2 leagues), Germany (4 leagues), Holland (2 leagues), Belgium (2 leagues), France (2 leagues), Scotland (4 leagues), Spain (2 leagues)).
They do not have "kinda" the same database. FM database is significantly more advanced, bigger and deeper.

i have two questions >

- Do you test your game before you release it ?
What makes you ask such a silly question?

- Did someone realize releasing a game with slow mo treatment was a good idea ?
Think you have to elaborate on this. It certainly seems like a good idea, as FM is very popular in spite of being a niche game.

Thanks in advance for reading. =)

Nenoro

50 minutes ago, nenoro said:

It's a Football Manager simulation. It tries to simulate real life the best way it can.
It's not doomed. That's why it's so popular.

• Administrators

I love many of these suggestions because you will find them in FM Touch.

I don't really understand your aversion to FM Touch when it offers practically everything you are asking for (yes, you can play it on PC).

3 hours ago, nenoro said:

They included Argentina to Venezuela without licenced kits and logos so why not J-League your argue isn't valid.  The English Premier League doesn't have licenced kits and logos either, however, the German Leagues and National team weren't fully licenced in the game until the 2019 version which meant names of clubs and the international squad weren't real in previous editions, so your excuse that the previous argument wrong is invalid. There are different levels of licencing in the gaming world.

I don't see players i recruit as key first-team. That's your problem then, you maybe need to warn them that you are dropping them to the reserves and explain why (that is one of the options)

For me this is non sense if the game has to stick with real life then the game is doomed. The fact this francise of game (which includes it's forerunner the Championship Manager series) has been around for over 20 years and even at it's beginning was considered to be the closest thing to real management kicks your view out the window, it is successful because it reflects real life.

I mean broken when you see a player who is doing moonwalk or stop running and let the player scores. i don't mind about stats. That's a graphics problem not match engine

France > Championnat National for example doesn't have Monthly awards. SO?

Is this option the end of the FMC ? I don't think so, so stop saying "FM Touch" i'm not a FM Touch player i want that on FMC not something who is cut by dlcs ! Have you actually played FM Touch in it's basic form if not maybe you should!

Stop trying to justify your arguments with incorrect information.

Edited by Woolly

@FrazT oh thanks for moving the thread i doubted about where i could create this thread.

17 hours ago, CFuller said:

That's not a match engine issue. That's a graphics engine issue.

I wonder why SI didn't fix this issue ?

17 hours ago, CFuller said:

It's a football management simulation. High transfer fees are part and parcel of modern top-level football, so it would be ridiculous if clubs are perfectly happy to let you sign any of their players for their market value.

Not completely happy i mean of course they can refuse because team rival, need him for the future, recently join (this option should be in grey to justify you can't make an offer) or increase the price but not overprice what if the player you buy him for 100M and he doesn't do anything he keeps being injured and then you see red.

15 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't really understand your aversion to FM Touch when it offers practically everything you are asking for (yes, you can play it on PC).

Because SI should never propose two versions of FM but only one version with options we can select to add or not but maybe they are greedy and this is why they propose two versions.

And because i do some suggestions for FMC. So for you i just need to shut it and go play FM Touch ? We don't have the right to ask for small suggestions.

17 hours ago, XaW said:

DLCs? What DLCs?

So you didn't see the "dlcs features" on the steam page ?

FM touch 19 costs 29.99 euros + Dlcs or features (depends on what you call them) all of them cost 28.14 euros.
Probably you will say some options aren't necessary (i know you will defend SI) but for me FM touch is amputee of those features even they aren't necessary.

@Woolly 

14 hours ago, Woolly said:

France > Championnat National for example doesn't have Monthly awards. SO?

So? well i want to see who is the best player each month, who is the best young player each month who is the best manager each month.

Is there a problem to suggest this ? Oh maybe you don't care because you play in Scotland but what if Scots leagues don't have this monthly awards oh yeah i know your answer it doesn't matter. How bout the team of the month ? Oh wait yes it doesn't matter.

So i can't have a little satisfaction to see one of my players be on the 11 for the month or week ?

6 minutes ago, nenoro said:

Because SI should never propose two versions of FM but only one version with options we can select to add or not but maybe they are greedy and this is why they propose two versions.

And because i do some suggestions for FMC. So for you i just need to shut it and go play FM Touch ? We don't have the right to ask for small suggestions.

So you want one version of FM in which, when starting a new game, you have a few dozen checkboxes where you can turn on/off certain features (e.g. Press Conferences, 'Realistic Injuries', Player Interaction, and so on)? Do you not realise how cumbersome and potentially buggy this would be, not to mention how many extra problems SI would have when it comes to troubleshooting?

10 minutes ago, nenoro said:

So you didn't see the "dlcs features" on the steam page ?

FM touch 19 costs 29.99 euros + Dlcs or features (depends on what you call them) all of them cost 28.14 euros.
Probably you will say some options aren't necessary (i know you will defend SI) but for me FM touch is amputee of those features even they aren't necessary.

Those DLCs you write about are ENTIRELY OPTIONAL, and are primarily aimed at those FMTers who want extra challenges or what-not. They are also relatively cheap, certainly compared to certain other titles that hide more significant game changes in paid DLC (Paradox games, for example).

14 minutes ago, nenoro said:

Not completely happy i mean of course they can refuse because team rival, need him for the future, recently join (this option should be in grey to justify you can't make an offer) or increase the price but not overprice what if the player you buy him for 100M and he doesn't do anything he keeps being injured and then you see red.

In previous versions of FM, clubs who didn't want to sell a player would say outright that they were not for sale. Then SI changed this because too many people argued that every player has a price. Now people are complaining when FC Copenhagen 'demand' (which is not the right word) £100million for a promising young player they would quite like to keep hold of.

And why are you bringing the player's injury record into this debate now? If a player keeps getting injured, that's probably because either he is prone to injuries or you're pushing him too hard in training/matches.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, nenoro said:

Not sure why you're making stuff up.

FMT is designed for a different audience, so its nothing about being 'greedy'. Without FMT, the full match engine version on Tablet, Switch, and Vita would not have been possible. And you can play these saves on your PC too with Cross save.

For a customisable version that's what the full game is for really - its made for PCs primarily so doesn't have the same kind of restrictions you find common on other platforms which are controlled by Sony/Apple/Nintendo etc.

• 7 months later...
  • FrazT locked this topic