Sports Interactive Community

Im currently managing St Johnstone and every time I try and process past 15th May 2019 my save will crash.I have tried deleting logo and face packs and deleting caches and updating drivers and none of these solutions have worked.If anyone knows a fix or is willing to look at the save and find out would the problem may be that would be greatly appreciated.

i have just created a thread aswell... mine crashes on the 15th of may aswell but different year

Edited by trio129

14 hours ago, shiney1884 said:

ok uploaded again Crash2 the name of the save

I have tested your save and have been able to progress past the date,

I can see that you are running a custom database,

Are you running any other custom files such as logos etc?

Cheers,

Hugo

Yes i am but i removed logos and face packs to see if that was the problem and was still unable to progress

My game crashes on the same day too - May 15th. But May 15th 2028.

Its annoying because I'm 10 years into this save and have invested a lot of time into it.  Is it possible to salvage it somehow?

I've tried removing custom logos, skins, packs etc, and just used the default settings to try and progress, but it still crashes on May 15th 2028.

I'm using my own custom database, but the only edits I've made are team names.  I've also activated the missing 4 south american leagues via the editor (made them view only in game).

i've uploaded it to the link posted above.

File name: Ajax May 15th 2028

On 02/04/2019 at 11:23, shiney1884 said:

no believe its just when selecting if you want small, medium or large i went with advanced

I would recommend joining the public beta as a test:

Cheers,

Hugo

On 03/04/2019 at 14:49, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

I would recommend joining the public beta as a test:

Cheers,

Hugo

Done this and still hasn't worked i have tried on 2 computers so don't think it's a computer issue so don't know what else to try

17 hours ago, shiney1884 said:

Done this and still hasn't worked i have tried on 2 computers so don't think it's a computer issue so don't know what else to try

Do you mind providing me with a crash dump in this thread,

It will help us determine what is happening better.

Cheers,

Hugo

47 minutes ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Do you mind providing me with a crash dump in this thread,

It will help us determine what is happening better.

Cheers,

Hugo

The dump file i have is to large to upload apparently 

Hey there,

I have looked at your crash dump and it is an error with the custom editor data that you used,

I would recommend starting a new game without any custom files and you will not encounter this crash,

Cheers,

Hugo

14 minutes ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Unfortunately not,

Apologies for any inconvenience,

Cheers,

Hugo 

Ok thanks for your help anyway i appreciate it

On 10/04/2019 at 20:03, Neil Brock said:

Okay we have a fix available via our public beta build. To access this version just read all the instructions found here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/455051-joining-the-football-manager-2019-public-beta/

This fix should allow you to continue your save game. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Still doesn't work

Can you check what version the game you are playing is, please? You can do this via Preferences > About Football Manager.

Thanks.

Yeah it will be 19.3.5 if you’re on the public beta - have you definitely followed the instructions in regards to selecting the public beta drop down? 

yes i'll try again but pretty sure i followed instructions.The reason its 19.3.4 instead on 19.3.5 is because i switched back

You need to remain on the public beta branch in order to advance and continue your save with this specific crash. 

Can you posted a screenshot showing the FM > About Football Manager message, so we can make sure you are playing on the 19.3.5 Public Beta version, please?

If you are indeed using the public beta, can you upload your save just before it crashes to Si Cloud Service, please? Let us know the name of the save, please. Thank you.

On 23/04/2019 at 17:47, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you posted a screenshot showing the FM > About Football Manager message, so we can make sure you are playing on the 19.3.5 Public Beta version, please?

If you are indeed using the public beta, can you upload your save just before it crashes to Si Cloud Service, please? Let us know the name of the save, please. Thank you.

Crash2 is the name of the save

Okay, I have tested you save on the Public beta and it went past 15th May. Looking at your screenshot, it seems like you are using custom skin and logos? As a test can you try removing all custom graphics and see if you can go past 15th May, please?

Thanks,

Jimmy

6 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Okay, I have tested you save on the Public beta and it went past 15th May. Looking at your screenshot, it seems like you are using custom skin and logos? As a test can you try removing all custom graphics and see if you can go past 15th May, please?

Thanks,

Jimmy

still crashing

Can you attach the latest crash dump file on here so we can check if it is the same issue, please?

3 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you attach the latest crash dump file on here so we can check if it is the same issue, please?

uploaded, fm.DMP is the name of the crash dump

Having tested the Crash2.fm save again, I am able to go past 15th May and into the 19th May match on the Public Beta. At what point are you getting this crash? On the 15 May? Have you tried your Ajax save on Public Beta? 

I would suggest you to delete your caches and preferences folders and verify your game files, too. 

it freezes as soon as I advance and the Ajax save isn’t mine it’s someone else’s .I have tried deleting caches and preferences as well and still crashing 

There should be no problem with your save on the Public Beta. Can I confirm that you have deleted the caches and preferences folders via File Explorer and that you have remove all customs graphics/skins/faces/kits etc, and you are using the Public Beta 19.3.5, please?

Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

Thanks.

On 01/05/2019 at 11:48, Jimmy Wong said:

There should be no problem with your save on the Public Beta. Can I confirm that you have deleted the caches and preferences folders via File Explorer and that you have remove all customs graphics/skins/faces/kits etc, and you are using the Public Beta 19.3.5, please?

Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

Thanks.

Just uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still freezing at the same point and it's just this save that's crashing