How rich is my Club?

I don't think so. You can see in your manager profile the value of players bought and players sold, you have the info mentioned by you in the Finance tab and that's it. It doesn't display a specific number.

• SI Staff

In real-life no club has a visible bank balance that a manager can check - its not like they have a Nat West account which the manager logs into and thinks, yeah that's good enough there so I can go down the pub and get a pint ... ;)

(the reality is that most larger clubs are split into multiple corporations and the actual financial structure is somewhat obscure, its one of the reasons that some clubs manage to handle considerable amounts of debt etc.)

@Marc Vaughan in real-life you know who are the top richest clubs, just google "top 10 richest football clubs 2019". I'm not saying you should introduce these stats, they don't really help a manager. These are just for bragging.

But the info exists in real life, and they show a number. How accurate? Don't know, don't care, as I said these are just for bragging rights.

Isnt it visible though in FM in the bank balance graph?

Do the incomes in FMM match RL incomes in terms of prize/TV money, merchandise etc? Could you tell me by any chance how much money the categories from bankrupt to rich mean? Would feel satisfying to know just how huge and stable your club actually is^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 03/04/2019 at 09:45, ShaKaTra said:

@Marc Vaughan in real-life you know who are the top richest clubs, just google "top 10 richest football clubs 2019". I'm not saying you should introduce these stats, they don't really help a manager. These are just for bragging.

But the info exists in real life, and they show a number. How accurate? Don't know, don't care, as I said these are just for bragging rights.

Actually no you don't - you know what individual journalists writing an article think, but even amongst such articles you can find huge variances of opinions as debt and resources are spread between numerous corporations and thus it isn't wholly clear how things stand especially amongst the larger clubs where they might have seperate structures for such things as Youth Development, Investments, Stadium Management, Concessions, Sponsorship, Sports Activities, Charity Activities etc. .... all of which may or may not have the same ownership and be directly visible under the same corporate umbrella.

As far as making something visible for 'bragging rights' - I don't mind that as a concept and understand the appeal, but in all honesty its not high on my agenda of things to do at present because I've already a very full plate planned for next year ..

34 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Actually no you don't - you know what individual journalists writing an article think, but even amongst such articles you can find huge variances of opinions as debt and resources are spread between numerous corporations and thus it isn't wholly clear how things stand especially amongst the larger clubs where they might have seperate structures for such things as Youth Development, Investments, Stadium Management, Concessions, Sponsorship, Sports Activities, Charity Activities etc. .... all of which may or may not have the same ownership and be directly visible under the same corporate umbrella.

As far as making something visible for 'bragging rights' - I don't mind that as a concept and understand the appeal, but in all honesty its not high on my agenda of things to do at present because I've already a very full plate planned for next year ..

I’m guessing that he means something like the Forbes richest clubs list.

20 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

If you find this topic interesting, you can search for Deloitte Football Money League standings. It's just a google search away. And the standings aren't made by a journalist, Deloitte is a big audit company, one of the big four. 

As I was saying before, these stats aren't new to FM, they would be new for FMM. Also, they are not relevant to gameplay so if you don't want to implement such stats in FMM I completely understand.

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, ShaKaTra said:

If you find this topic interesting, you can search for Deloitte Football Money League standings. It's just a google search away. And the standings aren't made by a journalist, Deloitte is a big audit company, one of the big four. 

As I was saying before, these stats aren't new to FM, they would be new for FMM. Also, they are not relevant to gameplay so if you don't want to implement such stats in FMM I completely understand.

We get the Deloitte report each year as you might expect (such things are interesting especially when simulating the world of football) - as I mentioned however such things aren't the 'whole picture' by any means and are obviously somewhat simplified for consumption by the people reading the report (hence the fact that various similar articles/reports give different values and expectations, heck even the same transfer or player contract can be reported with different figures because of exchange rates/nuances in how things are undertaken etc.).

I don't mind the idea of such tables in the game and can see the appeal in trying to get your club to the top of such a thing (I know I've done it in full-fat FM myself ;) ) ... but at present its behind a list of other concepts on my to do list.

Many football clubs are organised as corporations and have to file their financial statement with public registers. At least here in Germany you can see the financial statements of Bundesliga teams in a public online-register. The question is if that helps much as you need some accounting knowledge to understand and analyse them.

• 1 month later...

Archived