Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
WhyMe

Captains

Hi,

In this version of FM it seems to be incredibly important to have a captain with high determination as the three team leaders seem to have a massive impact on losses to determination in younger squad players, it may even be more important long term than leadership.  However, my question is, I have got a right winger who has become a team leader at my club largely because he is one of the best players and has been with us a while albeit initially on loan for a year.  However, his determination score is pretty poor and it is having an impact on my youngers so is there anything I can do short of selling him to stop him being a team leader?  I have other players at the club with better determination but they are either not quite as good a player or haven't been at the club as long or are younger, which seems to be the problem.

Any ideas or do I have to sell him?  I do think it is ridiculous that I have to sell one of my best players because of the dynamics system having such a massive impact from one player.  I have had to do this before when my 30 goal a season striker became a team leader but had 8 determination.

37 minutes ago, WhyMe said:

Any ideas or do I have to sell him?  I do think it is ridiculous that I have to sell one of my best players because of the dynamics system having such a massive impact from one player.  I have had to do this before when my 30 goal a season striker became a team leader but had 8 determination.

Is it ridiculous? You're basically describing the dilemma Guardiola had when taking over Barcelona and realising he had to get rid of Ronaldinho as he'd be a bad influence on Messi.

I think this affected my 24 year old GK (Traksosha) bought him with a Model Proffesional personality, now he's only got Fairly Professional. Want tot try. 

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

Is it ridiculous? You're basically describing the dilemma Guardiola had when taking over Barcelona and realising he had to get rid of Ronaldinho as he'd be a bad influence on Messi.

Whilst I see your point, that is an extreme case of party boy professionalism, not quite the same as a captain having 13 determination (which isn't terrible) dragging every single young player down to his level.