Question on player traits

I noticed one of my midfielders had the trait "gets into opposition area" in green when I viewed him as BBM. But when I viewed him as a regular CM the trait was no longer visible. 

Does the trait only come into action if he plays as BBM? Or will he have it regardless of role, but the "gets into opposition area" is not deemed important for CM's so it doesn't show (but he will do it anyway)? 

Confused! 

Also, if it is the latter (it applies, but it doesn't show for all roles), it's a bit cumbersome having to check all roles for all players just to check what traits they have! 

That's the problem I have with the system.

I'd prefer I'd they changed it to the way it is in the full version, however to answer your question he would always move into opposition area it when he plays as a B2B while he might still do that if he plays as a CM but it would depend on the situation

• SI Staff

At present the traits 'active' change according to the role you play him in - thus someone might only 'Run down wings' if you set him as a winger, in other roles you might not be encouraging that and so he might not do it.

It is entirely possible I'll change this to a fixed traits system in the future as I've had a few comments about people confused by this.

• 3 weeks later...

It does make sense though. If I tell a player to play a specific role ie. an out and out winger then it seems logical that they should not be cutting inside, even if they are naturally inclined to do so, because they have been specifically told to not play in this way. 

Archived