Sports Interactive Community
Rivanov

FM 19.3.4 extremely slow since macOS 10.14.4 update

We're looking at our machines in house trying to reproduce the same problem - appreciate all the info (about it generally happening when switching between the game/desktop/other programs) and hopefully this allows us to produce a fix. 

As always will keep you updated as and when we're able to. 

Thanks. 

Okay if anyone with a save which they've experienced this crash on could upload said save so we can try running it through it'd be appreciated. Details on how to upload files can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-upload-files-r666/

Remember to come back to this thread and let us know the file name. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay if anyone with a save which they've experienced this crash on could upload said save so we can try running it through it'd be appreciated. Details on how to upload files can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-upload-files-r666/

My save is ,,SV Werder". 

Just to confirm as well, how are people shifting between FM and the desktop/other programs? What process exactly do you use? Is it using keyboard shortcuts etc? If so, which ones?

8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to confirm as well, how are people shifting between FM and the desktop/other programs? What process exactly do you use? Is it using keyboard shortcuts etc? If so, which ones?

Command and tab button for me.

Uploaded mine.... I think. Adam Rivett - Woking.

My crash occurs with any open program and I use page exchange only for multi-touch

On 30/04/2019 at 18:47, FourFourRED said:

Working smooth now on the latest public beta!

Well done on cracking the problem!

Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 18.45.38.png

Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 18.46.25.png

Update

Games crashes when I minimise the app and open another app in macOS

Shame :(

three fingers on my touchpad. That's how i am switching between the display 1, 2, 3... etc.

Using three finger gesture on my trackpad.

A couple of things: 

• when I cmd tab out
  • when I load up from sleep 

There is also lag when playing a match and I press one of the system keys eg increase or decrease volume. 

Posted (edited)

I am reasonably sure that the crashes I have experienced have come from using the three finger gesture to multitask. 

Also another strange thing I’ve noticed is that the game runs better on my system after shutdown. 

If I relaunch the game without shutting down first, the 3D seems to lag more and the fans seem to be working harder. 

This does seem strange and is probably just my machine. 

Edited by divij13

Seriously thinking this could be the last time I ever purchase a game from this series now. This has gone on long enough and still nothing. 

Getting ridiculous now SiGames. 

1 hour ago, bucket said:

Seriously thinking this could be the last time I ever purchase a game from this series now. This has gone on long enough and still nothing. 

Getting ridiculous now SiGames. 

I know you're really frustrated by this situation, just like as I (which is an understatement at this point, frankly) and everyone else on this thread do, but I hope you're not under the impression that they're not as frustrated themselves by all these rather frequent and seemingly arbitrary substantial updates (changes) made by the Apple company on the OS. It's people working on this game, not some robotic slaves bound to a couple of our bucks or whatever.

2 hours ago, bangkonggedek said:

I know you're really frustrated by this situation, just like as I (which is an understatement at this point, frankly) and everyone else on this thread do, but I hope you're not under the impression that they're not as frustrated themselves by all these rather frequent and seemingly arbitrary substantial updates (changes) made by the Apple company on the OS. It's people working on this game, not some robotic slaves bound to a couple of our bucks or whatever.

Whilst you're right, and put your point well, the fact still stands that for a lot of us, we simply can't play this game. It's either slow and jittery or we switch it to the public beta and it crashes. At least that's the experience I've had. I don't think people like Bucket or myself care whose fault it is necessarily, we just want to be able to load up the game and play Football Manager which for some reason or another we are unable to do at present. 

29 minutes ago, lawsy009 said:

Whilst you're right, and put your point well, the fact still stands that for a lot of us, we simply can't play this game. It's either slow and jittery or we switch it to the public beta and it crashes. At least that's the experience I've had. I don't think people like Bucket or myself care whose fault it is necessarily, we just want to be able to load up the game and play Football Manager which for some reason or another we are unable to do at present. 

Still not going to help you nor anyone else though by putting unwarranted pressure on the SI guys here, who's done reasonably well to communicate with the players at this thread to find the fix for the issue at least. I mean, I've been highly critical on some matters to the folks involved with the game here but on this case it's just an unprecedented issue that's really not theirs to be blamed on.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bangkonggedek said:

Still not going to help you nor anyone else though by putting unwarranted pressure on the SI guys here, who's done reasonably well to communicate with the players at this thread to find the fix for the issue at least. I mean, I've been highly critical on some matters to the folks involved with the game here but on this case it's just an unprecedented issue that's really not theirs to be blamed on.

I don't think somebody putting something on a forum is pressure mind, compared to the fact it's their job to make sure things like that are fixed. That's the pressure, not somebody writing something on a forum. 

I think all Bucket was doing was expressing his unhappiness, which I think given the state of play at present he's more than entitled to do.

Edited by lawsy009

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, lawsy009 said:

I don't think somebody putting something on a forum is pressure mind, compared to the fact it's their job to make sure things like that are fixed. That's the pressure, not somebody writing something on a forum. 

So you're basically saying that us posting our complaints on various issues concerning the game here in this forum amounts to nothing anyway? Okay, then.

Responding to your edited comment: anyone is always entitled to express their unhappiness, but when it is directed at the wrong party then it's just simply not fair.

Edited by bangkonggedek

5 minutes ago, bangkonggedek said:

So you're basically saying that us posting our complaints on various issues concerning the game here in this forum amounts to nothing anyway? Okay, then.

Responding to your edited comment: anyone is always entitled to express their unhappiness, but when it is directed at the wrong party then it's just simply not fair.

No, I'm not "basically saying" that. I'm saying that won't be putting any extra pressure on them compared to the fact it's their job. Mad how wrong you've actually read that sentence tbf. 

Many would also say it's not fair that FM19 has become unplayable for them too, for what it's worth.

1 minute ago, lawsy009 said:

No, I'm not "basically saying" that. I'm saying that won't be putting any extra pressure on them compared to the fact it's their job. Mad how wrong you've actually read that sentence tbf. 

Many would also say it's not fair that FM19 has become unplayable for them too, for what it's worth.

I still stand on what I've said even with your points there in mind. We're just simply don't see things the same way then on the issue, so best let this discussion ends here to stop it from derailing the purpose of this thread any further.

Apologies for anyone else following this thread by the way :)

1 minute ago, bangkonggedek said:

I still stand on what I've said even with your points there in mind. We're just simply don't see things the same way then on the issue, so best let this discussion ends here to stop it from derailing the purpose of this thread any further.

Apologies for anyone else following this thread by the way :)

Ditto. That's fair.

Any indication as to when we will se an update to the retail version of the game?

Bank Holiday choice of crashing beta or incredibly laggy normal game.  I'm going to be forced to interact with my family if it doesn't get any better soon!

Le 03/05/2019 à 15:48, Neil Brock a dit :

Hi Neil, my save is "OM Winter.fm"

We've just released another update with the aim of eliminating the crashes seen by some of the users on the public beta. Please try again and let us know how you get on.

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've just released another update with the aim of eliminating the crashes seen by some of the users on the public beta. Please try again and let us know how you get on.

Thanks. 

🤞. Dying to get back into it! 

Will I be able to continue savegames played on the beta when the update is rolled out to the retail version? @Neil Brock

Thanks. 

Unfortunately, after 5 minutes of gameplay i had a crash between switching FM and Safari...

Yep, wasn't even switching and it crashed. :(

Il y a 3 heures, Neil Brock a dit :

Thanks. 

Same, after few minutes I had a crash switching between FM and Firefox. I was on the inbox page on FM.

Capture d’écran 2019-05-07 à 20.02.35.png

Capture d’écran 2019-05-07 à 20.02.38.png

18 hours ago, FMOggy said:

Will I be able to continue savegames played on the beta when the update is rolled out to the retail version? @Neil Brock

Yes, saves are compatible between both. 

Sorry to hear users are still seeing crashes.

Just to confirm those of you who see crashes when switching, are you running in Windowed or Full Screen mode? 

16 hours ago, bucket said:

Yep, wasn't even switching and it crashed. :(

Again was this in full screen or windowed? What was the game doing at the point of crash? Was it processing or something else? 

27 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to confirm those of you who see crashes when switching, are you running in Windowed or Full Screen mode? 

Again was this in full screen or windowed? What was the game doing at the point of crash? Was it processing or something else? 

I play in full screen mode, FM dark skin. Crashes at different times, sometimes processing other times in the inbox screen. 

1 minute ago, bucket said:

I play in full screen mode, FM dark skin. Crashes at different times, sometimes processing other times in the inbox screen. 

Appreciate the feedback (and the frustration) - we're looking into this as quickly as we can. I've also sent you a private message. Thanks. 

58 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

@Neil Brock i play in full screen mode too. 

Appreciate the feedback (and the frustration) - we're looking into this as quickly as we can. I've also sent you a private message. Thanks. 

Replied Neil. 👍🏼

Posted (edited)

For me too, I crashed again when switching, this time for Skype

EDIT: I played in windowed

Edited by maziero27

Just suffered a crash whilst going into a match. 

I play in Full Screen Mode as well.

I play in Full Screen and I was on the inbox page.

my game still crashing . Quits unexpectedly and exits . i play on Macbook and it's been like this since last week . Whats going on ? already updated the public beta and still nothing . 

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.44.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 10.10.16 AM.png

Original post in this thread was from Mar 30. The fact that this still isn't fixed was ridiculous about 4 weeks ago.

1 minute ago, cwc1 said:

Original post in this thread was from Mar 30. The fact that this still isn't fixed was ridiculous about 4 weeks ago.

They are working on a fix believe me. They’ve got my MacBook for a start! 

I am honestly becoming a bit frustrated about this too. After updating to the lastest Mojave, the game started running really slowly. It lags after every click and it is almost unplayable during the matches, even though I play in 2D classic mode. Are there any tweaks or changes I can do myself to make the game run faster (or just back to normal speed)?

Just now, mathiasonline said:

I am honestly becoming a bit frustrated about this too. After updating to the lastest Mojave, the game started running really slowly. It lags after every click and it is almost unplayable during the matches, even though I play in 2D classic mode. Are there any tweaks or changes I can do myself to make the game run faster (or just back to normal speed)?

Public beta has helped for me, and unlike others I haven’t experienced any crashes, touch wood. But it is very much a beta - as others have said, little things like the mouse pointer don’t quite look right, and the 3D, whilst it runs ok, really looks poor. My settings have always been on low, but it does seem to me to look worse than the retail version. So I do completely echo the frustration - I think I paid £35 for this game, and to only be able to run it in a shoddy beta version six months after release really is very poor.

Hi, updated my Mac two days ago, not aware of this issue. I experienced the same problems with the new update; lagging both in games and when navigating in the menu. I found this thread and have now tried playing a game with the public beta, and it ran smoothly. Did not experience any lagging during gameplay or when navigating through the menu. 

For convinience I'm attaching my settings, and also sending a system report to @Neil Brock.

Will let you know if something occurs in the public beta. 

Thanks!

Skjermbilde 2019-05-09 kl. 13.53.28.png

Skjermbilde 2019-05-09 kl. 13.53.25.png