Sports Interactive Community
Rivanov

FM 19.3.4 extremely slow since macOS 10.14.4 update

Hi Neil,

I was getting random crashes too but clearing my cache/preferences seemed to have sorted things.

Thanks

Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 16.45.50.png

Seemed random crashes, between 3 - 6 days of restarting the save. Sometimes played one game, sometimes not. Always in general processing not during games.

As I said I played a short while (2 game weeks) back on 'normal' (non-beta) game and it didn't crash but haven't tried since this morning.  My specs are:

macOS Mojave - version 10.14.4

Macbook Pro 13 inch, Mid 2012

Processor 2.5GHz Intel Corei5

Memory 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Working perfectly again so far..

Yep same here within 5 mins, it crashes. :rolleyes:. Only on menu screen too. Switching between windows I don't think it likes.

I also get crashes with latest public beta. Mostly when switching between desktops / apps during game.

Specs:

Screenshot%202019-04-28%20at%2007.54.56.

Those of you with the crash please read as here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/471146-fm-1934-extremely-slow-since-macos-10144-update/?do=findComment&comment=11827762

If you are seeing constant instability it’s best to move off the public beta for now. Again we are looking into it and with your valuable feedback we're getting closer to a full fix.

Thanks.

I've crash with the beta too, mostly when I switch between desktop and game.

Capture d’écran 2019-04-28 à 13.50.59.png

I've put off the mojave update until yesterday unaware of this issue but now I'm getting severe lag on my 3D graphics. Glad to see it's not just me because I was starting to think I needed a new laptop but disappointing to know this has been ongoing for a while now. I've downgraded graphics from medium to very low which seems to make it tolerable but it now looks like I'm watching a game with vaseline smeared across my screen! I tried changing from very low to low but then it started lagging again. 

Following this thread now, hopefully there will be a resolution soon.

27 minutes ago, maccataq said:

I've put off the mojave update until yesterday unaware of this issue but now I'm getting severe lag on my 3D graphics. Glad to see it's not just me because I was starting to think I needed a new laptop but disappointing to know this has been ongoing for a while now. I've downgraded graphics from medium to very low which seems to make it tolerable but it now looks like I'm watching a game with vaseline smeared across my screen! I tried changing from very low to low but then it started lagging again. 

Following this thread now, hopefully there will be a resolution soon.

Have you tried the public beta? 

6 hours ago, kevez27 said:

Have you tried the public beta? 

No but I wasn't sure what the deal with this was. Am I able to play an existing save with this?

Worked ok back in normal mode except for major lagging, but crashed within a week when I reverted to public beta again.

My game is running fine. I only have small lag in 3D review mode. I still haven't had any crashes. I am playing in 2D in high. 

Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2016) - Mojave 10.14.4.

2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz

Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB / Intel HD Graphics 530 1536MB

The game is great now, what has been messing up a lot are the crashes

I had a good few hours yesterday with the new beta and didn't experience one crash..

19 hours ago, maccataq said:

No but I wasn't sure what the deal with this was. Am I able to play an existing save with this?

yes it should be fine, it was in my experience anyway. The best thing to do is to try it and then report back here with how you got on

Installed Beta last night 19.3.5-1218511 (m.e v1931), lot of improvement everything running  in Medium graphic detail.

My mouse pointer has suddenly blocky shadow and lines in fullscreen (1920x1080)

8zux5yf.jpg

3NaH4U4.png

@ExeChris, @bucket, @Rivanov, @Whak365, @maziero27 and @divij13 - can you all please try deleting your cache and preferences folders as shown here and see if that stops the game crashing? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/182_mac/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r640/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Posted (edited)

Will try this tonight @Neil Brock

Do I have to disable the public beta?

Edited by Rivanov

2 hours ago, Rivanov said:

Will try this tonight @Neil Brock

Do I have to disable the public beta?

No, stay on the public beta please, just follow the instructions exactly as stated in the link. Thanks 

Posted (edited)
4 horas atrás, Neil Brock disse:

@ExeChris, @bucket, @Rivanov, @Whak365, @maziero27 and @divij13 - can you all please try deleting your cache and preferences folders as shown here and see if that stops the game crashing? - 

I will test during the day and return feedback with the subsequent result

EDIT: For myself performing the requested procedure continued having frequent crashes.

Please help us

Edited by maziero27

1 hour ago, maziero27 said:

I will test during the day and return feedback with the subsequent result

EDIT: For myself performing the requested procedure continued having frequent crashes.

Please help us

And when exactly is it crashing for you? What are you doing in game when it occurs? 

And you were definitely able to locate and remove both the folders as instructed? 

Posted (edited)
14 minutos atrás, Neil Brock disse:

And you were definitely able to locate and remove both the folders as instructed? 

Yes, I followed exactly the orientation

EDIT: I do not know if it would help but I realized that the game starts to get lag and micro stuttering a little before the crash

Edited by maziero27

Posted (edited)

Working smooth now on the latest public beta!

Well done on cracking the problem!

Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 18.45.38.png

Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 18.46.25.png

Edited by FourFourRED

Hi Neil,

I cleared the preferences and cache a couple of days ago. Haven’t had a crash since. Have spent about an hour or so on the game after clearing cache. 

Will keep you posted if I experience another crash. 

Hi Neil,

I've just cleared preferences and cache, I will play tonight and keep you in touch.

Thank you.

So far so good it seems. I'm still on Public Beta and cleared the Cache en Preferences folder from my Library.

11 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

@ExeChris, @bucket, @Rivanov, @Whak365, @maziero27 and @divij13 - can you all please try deleting your cache and preferences folders as shown here and see if that stops the game crashing? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/182_mac/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r640/

Deleted cache and preferences and went back to public beta.  Loaded up three times and crashed three times within a week of holidaying (I'm between seasons).  Have gone back to normal now so hopefully that will work ok.

14 hours ago, Whak365 said:

Hi Neil,

I've just cleared preferences and cache, I will play tonight and keep you in touch.

Thank you.

Did you experience any further crashes after doing so? 

Neil, I did some testing, I had several crashes with the Safari browser open. With Safari closed, so far I have not crash, I'm testing now with Google Chrome.
I leave the suggestion to check some kind of conflict with another program running in parallel.

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Did you experience any further crashes after doing so? 

I had a three crashes after every match. 2x after Bayer Leverkusen and the third one before Eintracht. I cleared cache and preferences.

For God sake, this game is unplayable for a long time... 

Zrzut ekranu 2019-05-1 o 13.13.26.png

I had more crashes as well. This is after clearing Cache & Preferences.

Had a crash when processing. And then again when I tried to holiday for one week.

Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 4.38.52 PM.png

Those of you with crashes - are you switching between FM and another program at any point? Be it a browser like Safari, or just going to desktop? 

Also those of you with crashes, could you please check your activity monitor at the time of crash? We've got a suspicion the system may be running out of memory so would be interested to see what (other than FM) could be using a fair amount.

Details on how to check here:

- Click the "Finder" on your dock to open a Finder window.
- Click "Applications" on the sidebar of the Finder window to see your Mac applications. In this folder, double-click the "Utilities" folder.
- Double-click the "Activity Monitor" icon to access the application.
- Click the 'Memory' tab and sort by the 'memory column' - then list which programs are using the most memory and how much.

If you can potentially screenshot that and share it here it'd be very useful. @divij13, @Vapo2142, @maziero27

35 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Those of you with crashes - are you switching between FM and another program at any point? Be it a browser like Safari, or just going to desktop? 

Once i was switching between FM and Safari when it crashed. Another times i was just playing. 

Ad. activity of my FM in Activity monitor, i can't find any FM icon in MEMORY tab. 

18 minutos atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Yes, I always play switching programs and working

Was testing with Chrome open and Safari closed, crashed again.

33 minutes ago, Vapo2142 said:

Once i was switching between FM and Safari when it crashed. Another times i was just playing. 

Ad. activity of my FM in Activity monitor, i can't find any FM icon in MEMORY tab. 

I've updated the instructions to make them a bit clearer. Can you please try again? 

Hi Neil,

I was to slow to take a screen with FM still in activity but FM was the second process in Memory with 1,5 Go.

My MBP has 8 Go 1867 MHz DDR3.

Capture d’écran 2019-05-01 à 17.14.00.png

57 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I've updated the instructions to make them a bit clearer. Can you please try again? 

Another crash between changing the displays.

1.png

Zrzut ekranu 2019-05-1 o 17.21.03.png

Zrzut ekranu 2019-05-1 o 17.21.29.png

Zrzut ekranu 2019-05-1 o 17.21.40.png

Crashing when going between FM and Safari, couple of times moved to FM and found it crashed.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, ExeChris said:

Crashing when going between FM and Safari, couple of times moved to FM and found it crashed.

Same here. When switching between apps it will cause a crash.
Very annoying!

@Neil Brock

Edited by Rivanov

7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Done as you asked re clearing caches and preferences etc and loaded my current game and yep crashed again. It does seem to be when I switch between programs. I play in full screen mode.

Posted (edited)

As requested @Neil Brock.

Getting so frustrating now. I've got my Woking side into the Champs League and need to continue! 

This was taken as soon as the crash warning came up. It did hit 2.07gb at one stage!!

Crash.png

Edited by bucket

12 hours ago, bucket said:

@bucketGetting so frustrating now. I've got my Woking side into the Champs League and need to continue! 

I won with City in the first cup stage of CHL with my Werder Bremen. Also I need to continue :D