Sports Interactive Community
Rivanov

FM 19.3.4 extremely slow since macOS 10.14.4 update

28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I'm a bit confused by your videos because as far as I can tell I can't actually see any lag when clicking between screens? It seems just as instantaneous as it should be? The tactics screen generally is a tiny bit slower than other screens in the game due to the amount of information displayed, but even there it seemed quick - are you sure this is any different from how it was before?

Can see the issues when running in 3D and it is something we're continuing to investigate. We appreciate you taking the time to film and upload this. 

Yes to be fair the video doesn’t show the lag as bad as it actually is as it is only my iphones camera that I used to film. It’s very bad on the beta when I click continue as the calendar that drops down when processing is very jittery, which it wasn’t before the updates, and you can hear the system is under stress. As I said, the non beta version is performing much better for me which is strange as my computer has had no further updates but it is still not right, but in my experience is loads better than the beta and is at least playable 

I hope a big fix will be rolling out soon so I can play with Retina enabled.. it looks worse without Retina on my 12" MacBook.

Posted (edited)

I am using MacBook Pro,

You can see my system in the picture below

But I can't play this game because of slow ! When do you fix it?

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 11.46.37.png

Edited by Istanbul

52 minutes ago, Istanbul said:

I am using MacBook Pro,

You can see my system in the picture below

But I can't play this game because of slow ! When do you fix it?

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 11.46.37.png

Have you try our Public Beta version already? If not, I suggest you try it and let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Have you try our Public Beta version already? If not, I suggest you try it and let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Jimmy, what is the progress for users, where this is not working? I have tested all the possible graphics settings, and none of them gave me an improvement that make the game playable.  

Edited by Jesper9000

So I've gave it a week or two to think SI might fix this issue, match engine works for a few seconds then goes back to lagging massively and making my laptop work like mad. 

What a waste of time, SI how do we get our money back for this ***** you've put out this year?

3 hours ago, bahrami said:

So I've gave it a week or two to think SI might fix this issue, match engine works for a few seconds then goes back to lagging massively and making my laptop work like mad. 

What a waste of time, SI how do we get our money back for this ***** you've put out this year?

This...👏👏👏

Said last week the same thing, that it works for a bit then goes all laggy, jumpy again. Can’t be bothered to play whilst it’s still like this. 

8 hours ago, Jesper9000 said:

Jimmy, what is the progress for users, where this is not working? I have tested all the possible graphics settings, and none of them gave me an improvement that make the game playable.  

Hi Jimmy and Neil, 

Please give us an update. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Thank you for your answer. 

I did do that. Also I have one more question for you. This is my graphics chocies. Which is the best for me? I play with Retina display or without...? ((Düşük = Low, Tam Ekran = Full Screen)

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 00.17.28.png

Edited by Istanbul

11 hours ago, Istanbul said:

Thank you for your answer. 

I did do that. Also I have one more question for you. This is my graphics chocies. Which is the best for me? I play with Retina display or without...? ((Düşük = Low, Tam Ekran = Full Screen)

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 00.17.28.png

The graphics choice you have now is fine. Can I ask you to delete your caches folder please? - 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Wong said:

The graphics choice you have now is fine. Can I ask you to delete your caches folder please? - 

Good to see that you take your time to respond to other people, but don't want to give an update to users, where the beta version ain't making any different. Unbelievable! 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

This is slow without Retina display and also extremely slow with Retina. I can't play this game comfortably....

HOW IS THERE STILL NO FIX?? 

This annoys me beyond reason. The Beta is a tiny bandaid compared to the huge problem this still is. 

We had this issue for almost 1 (ONE) month now! HOW? What is actually going on in the SI office? Are these guys sitting on their hands waiting until Apple releases the next OS version in the hopes it might fix itself? 

Kind regards

One angry customer

Spoiler

I want a partial refund

FM is unplayable.  Again problem for MAC users and again the support and technical department of SI is working so slow. Guys, it's so annoying...

I am sure SI do their best to solve the issue, but I don't like the lack of information and communication. They just ignore messages from us, that don't see any improvement with the beta patch. 

Hey Guys, 

Still waiting a solution, any news or at least a prevision fix to become FM playable again? 

After Winter Update, Mac users are more time facing lagging and problems than enjoying Winter Transfer Database... This is sad.

Thanks,

I've found lowering my macbook's resolution has helped HUGELY - not perfect but it works as a short-term fix

Updated, tried the beta and still no difference at all. I normally always play on 2D but the manager on the front page used to work fine when loading, I have 3-star match engine capability? Ever since the Mac update I now have to play on low graphic settings which works fine, but it is awful on the eye and makes the whole experience shocking. I won't play FM sadly until it's fixed, as I have tried multiple different ideas from the beta, to all different match quality from very low to very high, then adjusted bits accordingly.

An update would be nice.

(MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015 - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 - 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3)

Another day with no response from SI. 

Jimmy and Neil, please give us an update? All suggested changes in graphics settings has been tried out with no effect.   

We're still investigating currently and trialing changes internally for a solution. As you may already be aware, we've worked on a number of different things of which the culmination is available via the public beta as detailed earlier in this thread. As the OSX update has changed something quite significant we have to be extremely sure any potential changes don't cause problems in other areas of the game or issues on unaffected machines. 

When we have more information available we'll let you all know. In the meantime we recommend moving onto the public beta and configuring your game and/or system settings (lowering graphics quality, changing resolution or disabling retina in-game) to allow the game to run without any lagging or disturbance within the match engine. 

Appreciate all the patience being shown in regards to this.

We've rolled out a new version of the Public Beta version with further improvements for the game. We would recommend that ONLY users on Mojave 10.14.4 use this build for performance related issues. 

Please do let us know how it works for you on this version. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

We've rolled out a new version of the Public Beta version with further improvements for the game. We would recommend that ONLY users on Mojave 10.14.4 use this build for performance related issues. 

works fine :) Thanks

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Hi Neil, thanks a lot for your team efforts.

In my case, last public beta bring us a lot of improvements (menus, 2D and 3D high quality and retina). Very smooth right now.

Only my laptop internal fan keep running always (before was just sometimes). But FM is playable for me. (:

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Hi Neil, I have updated to the latest beta and there is a massive improvement but still not quite the same as before the problems with the latest Mojave update in my opinion

General gameplay is pretty perfect from what I can see so far. Clicking between screens and the calendar dropdown when processing between days looks perfectly smooth to me which is great.

Where I think it’s not quite the same is in match. I am now only getting 1 star as graphical rating (although I know this isn’t always accurate) and where I was previously able to watch in 3D on medium settings smoothly, this is now stuttering and even on low it’s not completely smooth. The 2d views are at least perfectly smooth on all settings now. 

In summary this latest update has seen massive improvements for me  so thank you for your work in getting this released, it’s much appreciated 

Yeah meant to say actually, something we noticed in this build is that the star rating showed up as 1 star on most of our internal machines so can be ignored.  Thanks for the reminder. 

Frustrating to hear you’re still seeing lag on low, but again appreciate the feedback. 

On 25/04/2019 at 10:05, Jimmy Wong said:

Deleted my Preferences and Caches folders as above yesterday before saving and now on loading up this evening the game crashes after playing the next match.  Could there be a connection?

Posted (edited)

Hey Neil,

Just updated to the latest Public Beta.

The menus and processing is MUCH better than earlier. However I notice the temps running hotter than before and so the fans on my MBP (13” early 2015) are now going crazy once the match starts. 

The game crashed for me after about 25-30 mins. 

In the version before this one, the menus lagged but the 3D on Low was very playable and the fans would come on intermittently. 

Thank you for your continued support to fix this issue :)

Edited by divij13

16 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Hi Neil,

I feel it got worse tbh. It looks smoother in the calendar dropdown etc but it takes longer to load each screen (inbox, training, etc) nothing that important tbh. The worse part is that the match is now lagging when it was already perfect in the public beta before this update.

Hope you can fix this soon. Thanks 

5 minutes ago, facfm said:

Hi Neil,

I feel it got worse tbh. It looks smoother in the calendar dropdown etc but it takes longer to load each screen (inbox, training, etc) nothing that important tbh. The worse part is that the match is now lagging when it was already perfect in the public beta before this update.

Hope you can fix this soon. Thanks 

Okay we'd be interested to get a few more details on your machine. 

From your 'about my Mac' - details here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201581 - could you please state your Mac model (so say Macbook Pro, Retina-15 Inch Late 2013), the OSX you're running, the processor and the graphics of your machine?  

All that info should be available like is shown via on the 'about my Mac' panel as linked above.

14 hours ago, ExeChris said:

Deleted my Preferences and Caches folders as above yesterday before saving and now on loading up this evening the game crashes after playing the next match.  Could there be a connection?

Couldn't get it to work this morning either but working so far after going back to normal from Beta...

21 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay we'd be interested to get a few more details on your machine. 

From your 'about my Mac' - details here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201581 - could you please state your Mac model (so say Macbook Pro, Retina-15 Inch Late 2013), the OSX you're running, the processor and the graphics of your machine?  

All that info should be available like is shown via on the 'about my Mac' panel as linked above.

Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 12.15.04.png

Hi Neil, 

I started to have crashes, second attempt and the game gives error and close

Posted (edited)

I have been having crashes as well.

Other than the crashes and the fans going bazooka when the match starts, the menus and everything else is good. 

Edited by divij13

51 minutes ago, ExeChris said:

Couldn't get it to work this morning either but working so far after going back to normal from Beta...

38 minutes ago, maziero27 said:

Hi Neil, 

I started to have crashes, second attempt and the game gives error and close

10 minutes ago, divij13 said:

I have been having crashes as well.

Other than the crashes and the fans going bazooka when the match starts, the menus and everything else is good. 

What are you doing in game when it crashes? Is it always at exactly the same point or does it seem more random? 

25 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

What are you doing in game when it crashes? Is it always at exactly the same point or does it seem more random? 

I see it happen very randomly. 
Either switching desktops (using multiple desktops on Mac), when entering a match in-game, sorting scouted players etc. Seems to be very random. 

32 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It seems to be random. I’ve tried to replicate but haven’t been able to.

A couple of times it crashed randomly when processing. 

Once it crashed when I was saving which corrupted the file.

Luckily ‘last overwrite save’ saved the day :) 

34 minutos atrás, Neil Brock disse:

For me more random

Posted (edited)

I'm getting random crashes too. Twice since the update yesterday, and also since I changed to 'public beta'.

Edited by lawsy009

Seem to be having the same issue as everyone else, updating to Beta helped with performance. However when I opened FM today there seemed to be a small update and now it is just randomly crashing when in the menus. 

1 hour ago, lawsy009 said:

I'm getting random crashes too. Twice since the update yesterday, and also since I changed to 'public beta'.

The only update was to public beta - or do you mean since the update to the public beta yesterday? 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

The only update was to public beta - or do you mean since the update to the public beta yesterday? 

Until yesterday I wasn't running the public beta, so I took the advice on here and changed it. Since then I've had two crashes. Apologies if I didn't make that clear.

Anyone now experiencing crashes on the public beta, would be good if we could get system details to see if there’s a specific pattern. Details on how to do so below:

From your 'about my Mac' - details here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201581 - could you please state your Mac model (so say Macbook Pro, Retina-15 Inch Late 2013), the OSX you're running, the processor and the graphics of your machine?  

All that info should be available like is shown via on the 'about my Mac' panel as linked above.

iMac, Retina 4K, Late 2015.

macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

Neil,

I haven't had much of a chance to play on the new version of the public beta, but after completing one match (with no lagging issues playing on high graphics setting) and hitting continue maybe a couple times (sorry I don't remember the details) the game crashed. My specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

2.5 GHz Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid 2015)

2.5Ghz Intel Core I7

16gb 1600 DDR3

Iris Pro/AMD Radeon R9 M370X

macOS Mojave 10.14.4