Sports Interactive Community
Rivanov

FM 19.3.4 extremely slow since macOS 10.14.4 update

3 hours ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

We understand your frustrations,

However as you can imagine it's not an easy fix when it has to do with an OS update,

We can assure you that we are trying our best however we just ask for your patience,

Cheers,

Hugo

“Your best” at this point doesn’t appear to be very good, given that this problem was encountered in January and nothing appears to have been learned from it. Either you failed to pick up a game-breaking issue when testing the game with 10.14.4, or you didn’t bother testing the game with 10.14.4 at all.

I remember Miles boasting in the pre-release media how this had been the most stable FM in years during development. Now I look at this forum and instead of the minor problems you’d normally see, the front page is almost exclusively Mac users with this issue, or people whose save just dies over and over on the same date. Oh dear.

Turning off Retina has proven to be a game changer for me. Even though it makes it blurry and some stuff don't fit on the screen anymore, it's much more fluid than it ever was, for me.

I'm running it on MBP 2015

Yeah disabling Retina will help in the meantime but we hope to address the problem caused by the OSX update as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

It has been an issue for 2 weeks now, and it is the second time this year. It is embarrassing that your game don't work with your own and IOS updates. 

The game is still slow, when retina is disabled. 

Same problem with FM19 Touch. Graphics unwatchable.

Il y a 1 heure, Neil Brock a dit :

We've made some tweaks and hopefully there should be improvement if you try our public beta build. To access this version just read all the instructions found here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/455051-joining-the-football-manager-2019-public-beta/

Please let us know how you get on. 

It's the same for me after the instalation of the beta. The game is really very slow, ventilate maximun my mac. Minimun 100% of the processor is used. It's unplayable ...

You really have trouble this year with the Macs ...

Yet Miles welcomes the stability of the game this year ... not on Mac, too bad.

Its still the same after i followed what you said, still slow and laggy!

I have de activated retina display and its running a lot quicker now but obviously poor picture quality.

1 hora atrás, Konigun disse:

It's the same for me after the instalation of the beta. The game is really very slow, ventilate maximun my mac. Minimun 100% of the processor is used. It's unplayable ...

You really have trouble this year with the Macs ...

Yet Miles welcomes the stability of the game this year ... not on Mac, too bad.

For me, same problem again

I noted some improvement with the beta. With retina display turned I didn't not get the immediate fan spinning up, although it eventually did before even playing a match. 3-D was not as bad as before, but it is still virtually unplayable. After a brief period of time I switched to 2-D which was playable. In 2-D there seemed to be lag with the processing between highlights and for the first 1-3 seconds of a new highlight, but then the lag smoothed out. Still some work to go, however, to make the play acceptable.

Posted (edited)

@Jimmy Wong I relaunched the game today but did not see any improvements whatsoever. My problems are isolated to the 3d match view which has a horrible stuttering ever since the OS update but everything else (including 2d matches)  works fine (with retina on). One thing though: when I launched the game it started fairly quick but most of the times when there is an update it is slower so maybe I didn't get the update? The game version is 19.3.5-1214394 (me 1931)

I'l send my specs to you in a PM if you want them.

Cheers

/Fredrik

Edited by Fredrik Lindner

31 minutes ago, Fredrik Lindner said:

@Jimmy Wong I relaunched the game today but did not see any improvements whatsoever. My problems are isolated to the 3d match view which has a horrible stuttering ever since the OS update but everything else (including 2d matches)  works fine (with retina on). One thing though: when I launched the game it started fairly quick but most of the times when there is an update it is slower so maybe I didn't get the update? The game version is 19.3.5-1214394 (me 1931)

I'l send my specs to you in a PM if you want them.

Cheers

/Fredrik

Thank you for your feedback on the 19.3.5 public beta. 

To confirm, every screens are working fine except the 3D match view, is that correct?

When you are talking about  "but most of the times when there is an update it is slower", do you mean FM update or Mac update?

And yes, it would be helpful for us if you can send me your system report via PM.

Thank you.

The game remains unplayable with the Beta update release .The menu system isn't a smooth as usual , the 3D match engine is completely unplayable and the general game experience is not very good at all considering this is now five months since release and the second time this has happened since January . It's all well and good blaming the OS release but you clearly haven't fully tested the game on the Mac , i realise your majority market is the Pc but this simply isn't good enough

@Jimmy Wong Sorry, I'll clarify a bit. Before the OS update my game was running perfectly fine. I'm currently in year 2033 running 8 leagues with 14 league tiers and apx 67000 players. After the OS update the 3d match engine became unplayable but everything else worked just as fine as previously. I switched to the 2D engine and that is running smooth without any stuttering. And I use retina display.

This morning, when i read the post from Neil, I exited the game relaunched it in order to get the beta update. The game then started instantly, there was no sign of the game beeing updated so just wanted to verify that the game version I'm running is in fact the update mentioned by Neil. In any case after the update (assuming it did install) I see no effects (the 3d engine stutters, everything else is ok).

I'll send you the Mac specs.

Cheers
/Fredrik

12 minutes ago, PercentageGame said:

The game remains unplayable with the Beta update release .The menu system isn't a smooth as usual , the 3D match engine is completely unplayable and the general game experience is not very good at all considering this is now five months since release and the second time this has happened since January . It's all well and good blaming the OS release but you clearly haven't fully tested the game on the Mac , i realise your majority market is the Pc but this simply isn't good enough

Thank you for your feedback, we are trying our best to improve this Mac situation. We want to gather as much info as possible from all affected users. Please send us your system report when you have time to do so.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Fredrik Lindner said:

@Jimmy Wong Sorry, I'll clarify a bit. Before the OS update my game was running perfectly fine. I'm currently in year 2033 running 8 leagues with 14 league tiers and apx 67000 players. After the OS update the 3d match engine became unplayable but everything else worked just as fine as previously. I switched to the 2D engine and that is running smooth without any stuttering. And I use retina display.

This morning, when i read the post from Neil, I exited the game relaunched it in order to get the beta update. The game then started instantly, there was no sign of the game beeing updated so just wanted to verify that the game version I'm running is in fact the update mentioned by Neil. In any case after the update (assuming it did install) I see no effects (the 3d engine stutters, everything else is ok).

I'll send you the Mac specs.

Cheers
/Fredrik

Thank you for the clarification.

I can confirm the public beta version is 19.3.5- 1214394, so you are on the latest public beta version.

Look forward to your system report. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Thank you for your feedback, we are trying our best to improve this Mac situation. We want to gather as much info as possible from all affected users. Please send us your system report when you have time to do so.

Thank you.

Forgot to say I'm using a 2018 MacBook Pro 

before the problems it was running absolutely fine on the highest graphic settings obviously with Retina display . All the menus were very smooth and the 3D match engine ran faultlessly 

23 minutes ago, PercentageGame said:

Forgot to say I'm using a 2018 MacBook Pro 

before the problems it was running absolutely fine on the highest graphic settings obviously with Retina display . All the menus were very smooth and the 3D match engine ran faultlessly 

It would be great if you can PM me your system information, please? -

2 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

@rbarritt, @maziero27, @John Joe O'toole, and @Konigun, can you guys attach your system report on here, please?

Thank you.

Game was running fine before OS update. After that, going between screens was slow and the match engine was very slow. Seemed like an age trying to get through a day.

1 minute ago, fmdynamic said:

Game was running fine before OS update. After that, going between screens was slow and the match engine was very slow. Seemed like an age trying to get through a day.

Would you be able to PM me your Mac's system information report, please?

Thank you.

I start to feel this beta version was just released to "buy" some extra time. My game is still unplayable after the beta update. I have following specs: 

Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2016) - Mojave 10.14.4.

2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz

Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB / Intel HD Graphics 530 1536MB

29 minutes ago, Jesper9000 said:

I start to feel this beta version was just released to "buy" some extra time. My game is still unplayable after the beta update. I have following specs: 

Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2016) - Mojave 10.14.4.

2,6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz

Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB / Intel HD Graphics 530 1536MB

Hi are you able to provide the actual system report, please? 

Details on how to find your system report is here - 

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Thank you.

I have sent you a DM now with my system information

6 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Would you be able to PM me your Mac's system information report, please?

Thank you.

PM sent

For me, the beta version does not change anything. Then FM is not playable.

With the public beta I'm seeing an improvement in 3d performance. 2d is still stuttering. Also lack of fluidity when browsing through the interface or when processing after 'continuing'. 

1 hour ago, Alan Watts said:

With the public beta I'm seeing an improvement in 3d performance. 2d is still stuttering. Also lack of fluidity when browsing through the interface or when processing after 'continuing'. 

Would you be able to PM me your system report, please? Thanks.

If this problem was present for Windows users, it would have been fixed by now. This is horrendous.

The game has been out five months and has now been unplayable on a Mac for a month includIng the previous problem

i would suggest that arses need kicking if a game is unplayable for 20% of its life span.

Perhaps SI have become complacent given their monopoly of the football management market .

They need competition to stop them resting on their laurels ,  

34 minutes ago, PercentageGame said:

The game has been out five months and has now been unplayable on a Mac for a month includIng the previous problem

i would suggest that arses need kicking if a game is unplayable for 20% of its life span.

Perhaps SI have become complacent given their monopoly of the football management market .

They need competition to stop them resting on their laurels ,  

This.

Frustrating that members of staff are asking for system reports to make it look like they're actually doing something.

Sad state of affairs, might be time to look elsewhere.

We are trying to gather as much data a possible to understand the problem and fix it. 

In the meanwhile, I will suggest trying with different match setups (let say switching the camera view to Main Stand) and see if it helps.

Once again, we are doing our best to solve this issue.

Thanks.

50 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

We are trying to gather as much data a possible to understand the problem and fix it. 

In the meanwhile, I will suggest trying with different match setups (let say switching the camera view to Main Stand) and see if it helps.

Once again, we are doing our best to solve this issue.

Thanks.

How the hell did you find the fix last time within a week but not this time? It's quite obvious it's the same issue as last time.

What a joke.

Posted (edited)

I play only in 2D. My problem is in the days, loading new pages, training schedule ...

In my case, deactivating the Retina resolved, problem is only with the Retina activated

Edited by maziero27

Same problem (and identical to the last issue which broke it for all Mac users, and I couldn't play for 2 weeks.)

Apple are going to continue to release updates to their OS throughout the year. Are we going to get issues every time they do that?

SI are going to have to start advertising this as running only on Windows if they can't support MacOS.

Very frustrating and really poor customer support. Was anything learned from the last time we had this? 

We'll get a patch in a week or two which will fix it, then Apple will roll out 10.14.6 and we will be back at square one with an unplayable 3D match engine. Not good enough.

I have the same issues on my iMac, turned off retina display and it runs smoothly again but obviously the graphics have suffered somewhat.

I see it as it is to be honest, annoyed, but I'm not going to hang the FM team out to dry for it. Great product I enjoy but perfection is something we all strive for and is a constant learning curve..

9 minutes ago, M.D said:

I have the same issues on my iMac, turned off retina display and it runs smoothly again but obviously the graphics have suffered somewhat.

I see it as it is to be honest, annoyed, but I'm not going to hang the FM team out to dry for it. Great product I enjoy but perfection is something we all strive for and is a constant learning curve..

I don't think its too much to ask for to have a game running as expected on probably the most stable operating system out there . Instead of striving to make as many additions to the game perhaps take a step back and make sure the basics are in order first 

18 minutes ago, M.D said:

Turning off retina doesn’t make much difference for me, lag is still rubbish and 3D unwatchable