Sports Interactive Community
Rivanov

FM 19.3.4 extremely slow since macOS 10.14.4 update

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Thank for your update. We will take this into account in our investigation for this matter. we are still working on the fix and will update once we are able to. Thank you.

@Jimmy Wong, I've noticed that FM is playable but only when every other programs in the background are closed. Steam is the only one thing working. That's how i played from april to september in my Werder Brema's career. During the game I was not switching displays by three fingers gesture or by cmd + tab. Also, a few times i was closing my mac by shutting down the cover. After third or fourth time I've had a crash. 

I’ve had no such issues neither @Jimmy Wong when tabbing to other screens. Only when I’ve left it idle for a while and then try to progress it crashes. I’ve had skygo playing, iTunes, WhatsApp, Steam and 2/3 tabs on Safari open. 🤘🏼

On 09/04/2019 at 14:26, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

We understand your frustrations,

However as you can imagine it's not an easy fix when it has to do with an OS update,

We can assure you that we are trying our best however we just ask for your patience,

Cheers,

Hugo

Any news on a fix mate?

If you're watching another teams match (not sure if it happens when you are playing a match yourself), if you click on a player's name and go on their profile then attempt to go back to the match, the game crashes. Has happened 3 times in a row for me now.

After updated my Mac the crashing has stop and i can search on internet and have other apps on . much better right now . Man I missed this ... 

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.42.42 PM.png

Updated my Mac Book pro to Version MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 last week and the game has become unplayable due to SEVERE lag in game play and menus. I use 2D Classic plus the lowest graphics and turned off retina and still no improvement. I have tried all the recommended fixes and nothing has seemed to work, resulting in me not being able to play the game due to severe lag and jumpy gameplay. 

I have read the previous issues concerning the 10.14.4 update version and would like any help on how to fix the issue? 

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

I concur, Updated my Mac last night and today I have awful lag in both the UI and the Match Screen.

I have turned off the Retina Display settings and it does reduce the stutter but it doesnt get rid of it completely either.

Edited by Nooks

On 22/05/2019 at 00:29, lawsy009 said:

If you're watching another teams match (not sure if it happens when you are playing a match yourself), if you click on a player's name and go on their profile then attempt to go back to the match, the game crashes. Has happened 3 times in a row for me now.

Thank you for your feedback, we are looking into this.

On 22/05/2019 at 16:53, Whak365 said:

@CA_EFC15 Do you play with the beta ?

Yeah i did try the Beta wasn't a success at first but after validating my FM Files through Steam and re joining the FM Public Beta Version, the game seems to be running smoother & quicker in menus, experiencing no game play lag and seems much crisper.

Only had time to play the one game, hope it stays like this!

6 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Thank you for your feedback, we are looking into this.

No problem Jimmy. Worth noting that that's on the public beta.

I've played some time with the new Mojave 10.14.5 update and the crashes seem to have ended. Haven't had a crash since updating while running the beta.

1 hour ago, facfm said:

I've played some time with the new Mojave 10.14.5 update and the crashes seem to have ended. Haven't had a crash since updating while running the beta.

Thank you for letting us know.

Can I ask everyone who is running 10.14.5 that if you are still encountering a crash when switching between other programmes and FM19 while using Public Beta, please?

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Can I ask everyone who is running 10.14.5 that if you are still encountering a crash when switching between other programmes and FM19 while using Public Beta, please?

I still do,sometimes, yes

We have now updated the public beta with a fix to address the crash that is happening when switching between FM19 public beta and other programmes.

If you are still experiencing any issue with the latest public beta version, can you provide us with your OSX version, MacBook model and a description of the issue, please?

I don't know why people are so update happy. If it didn't work on 14.4 you think 14.5 is gonna fix it/ Apple broke something so all their updates are a risk. Plus unless you have to you don't need to upgrade to the latest os releases I do IOS development and i'm still on 14.4

5 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

We have now updated the public beta with a fix to address the crash that is happening when switching between FM19 public beta and other programmes.

If you are still experiencing any issue with the latest public beta version, can you provide us with your OSX version and a description of the issue, please?

Excellent to hear Jimmy. Any news on whether this also fixes the crash mentioned a few days ago, whereby clicking a player’s name in the match engine would cause the game to crash?

9 hours ago, lawsy009 said:

Excellent to hear Jimmy. Any news on whether this also fixes the crash mentioned a few days ago, whereby clicking a player’s name in the match engine would cause the game to crash?

That should be fixed as well. Do let us know if it isn’t.  

3 weeks game time on the new beta this morning without a crash...

3 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

That should be fixed as well. Do let us know if it isn’t.  

T'is fixed Jimmy. Nice one.

After updating to Mojave 10.14.5 I was experiencing severe lag, made the game unplayable. However, after switching to the public beta the game is back to playable. Its not perfect and theres still some residual lag, but it's not terrible.

23 hours ago, ExeChris said:

3 weeks game time on the new beta this morning without a crash...

...and now a crash a week later during a match.  Switched back (cmd-tab) from Firefox to see the yellow triangle warning notice to say 'unexpected error'

Still having lag issues during games. Had to switch to 2d and managed to play friendliest and 2 league games the.mn started to be laggy again.

using an iMac (2016ish) and latest Mac update 

On 24/05/2019 at 17:46, Jimmy Wong said:

If you are still experiencing any issue with the latest public beta version, can you provide us with your OSX version and a description of the issue, please?

Crashing is better but game is still really jerky and laggy - are you still working on performance?

Red cards

Sorry, this could be coincidence but is anyone else seeing an increase in red cards using the beta? I'm on my 4th season of a save and just had my 6th red of the season. I'm not playing any differently or doing anything particularly different. 1 red was a 2nd bookable but the other 5 were bad challenges.

The reason I post in here is because it coincides with using the beta...

Season 1 - 0 red cards

Season 2 - 2 red cards

Season 3 - 5 red cards (started using the beta in this season)

Season 4 (up to start of March) - 6 red cards

For me the game is perfect so far, I have not had any more crash and even Mac has been heating up much less.

Thank you guys

On 24/05/2019 at 13:50, Mistic12 said:

I still do,sometimes, yes

What model and OS is your MacBook Pro? To confirm the crash happened when you switched between FM and other applications. What about the lag, can you see any difference or was it resolved already from the previous public beta version?

Thank you.

18 hours ago, maccataq said:

Red cards

Sorry, this could be coincidence but is anyone else seeing an increase in red cards using the beta? I'm on my 4th season of a save and just had my 6th red of the season. I'm not playing any differently or doing anything particularly different. 1 red was a 2nd bookable but the other 5 were bad challenges.

The reason I post in here is because it coincides with using the beta...

Season 1 - 0 red cards

Season 2 - 2 red cards

Season 3 - 5 red cards (started using the beta in this season)

Season 4 (up to start of March) - 6 red cards

We have not change anything match related on the public beta, if you are having match related issue I would suggest you to visit our match engine forum. https://community.sigames.com/forum/650-match-engine/

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

We have not change anything match related on the public beta, if you are having match related issue I would suggest you to visit our match engine forum. https://community.sigames.com/forum/650-match-engine/

Thank you.

Thanks Jimmy, sounds coincidental then. I will report it if it persists.

On 27/05/2019 at 09:49, lrcnxyz said:

Crashing is better but game is still really jerky and laggy - are you still working on performance?

Has your lag appear to be worse or the same as the previous public beta version and retail version? Can you provide a video where you are experiencing lag and slowness in the game, please?  What graphics quality do you have running for FM19? Does lowering the in-game graphics quality to "low" helps?

Something else which may help us narrow it down, if you record yourself opening and playing FM until it crashes, we could hopefully mimic what you're doing in order to get it to crash? 

You can install OBS Studio as shown via this instructional video:

Once you have a recording of you playing and the lag issue, upload the video to our Cloud where we can download it and take a look. Details on how to do this here - 

If you do manage to record and upload the file, please do remember to come back here and let us know the file name. 

On 26/05/2019 at 10:10, ExeChris said:

...and now a crash a week later during a match.  Switched back (cmd-tab) from Firefox to see the yellow triangle warning notice to say 'unexpected error'

What OS are you running? 10.14.4 or 10.14.5?

Were you getting crash during a match before the latest public beta version (with the cmd+tab switching)?

Hey guys, thanks for testing out the latest changes and giving feedback. Can everyone that's tested this latest fix please attach their system info so we have that handy when cross-referencing affected machines? Thanks

For me it worked!

Was unplayable, I used beta and now runs smoothly! (And I've been promoted in Serie A with my Olbia!!!!)

1372410261_Schermata2019-05-29alle00_17_12.thumb.png.64720aafc5400b27df05c06f21972d03.png

The only bug I've spotted is a "Black pitch" in some older highlights... 

1824508231_Schermata2019-05-28alle20_53_25.thumb.png.02c50d67fe5a5087f0d2adb64ca34359.pngiMacInfo.spx

10 hours ago, Daniele77 said:

For me it worked!

Was unplayable, I used beta and now runs smoothly! (And I've been promoted in Serie A with my Olbia!!!!)

1372410261_Schermata2019-05-29alle00_17_12.thumb.png.64720aafc5400b27df05c06f21972d03.png

1824508231_Schermata2019-05-28alle20_53_25.thumb.png.02c50d67fe5a5087f0d2adb64ca34359.png iMacInfo.spx 4.26 MB · 0 downloads

@Daniele77Thank you for letting us know. Would you be able to let us know what OS are you're using, please?

As for your "black pitch" issue, it looks like it is another issue (match engine related) so it would be best if you can create a thread on the Match Engine forum - https://community.sigames.com/forum/650-match-engine/

12 hours ago, Daniele77 said:

For me it worked!

1824508231_Schermata2019-05-28alle20_53_25.thumb.png.02c50d67fe5a5087f0d2adb64ca34359.png iMacInfo.spx 4.26 MB · 2 downloads

Do you have a save game that you are able to reproduce this issue from? Have you tried clearing cache?

On 26/05/2019 at 16:34, hootenater said:

Still having lag issues during games. Had to switch to 2d and managed to play friendliest and 2 league games the.mn started to be laggy again.

using an iMac (2016ish) and latest Mac update 

Hi, can you try to re-verify the game files on Steam, please? - 

Would you be able to provide us with your system information, please?

Posted (edited)
3 ore fa, Jimmy Wong ha scritto:

@Daniele77Thank you for letting us know. Would you be able to let us know what OS are you're using, please?

As for your "black pitch" issue, it looks like it is another issue (match engine related) so it would be best if you can create a thread on the Match Engine forum - https://community.sigames.com/forum/650-match-engine/

Hi,

I left Mac MacSpecf in the previously attached file, but I can post a pic if You're more comfortable.

Schermata 2019-05-29 alle 13.31.19.png

Edited by Daniele77
SN removed

Hey guys, we've been investigating the crashes you've been seeing and from the reports we've seen on our crash server, all of them are on 10.14.4. We'd recommend updating to 10.14.5 (which has had no crashes reported) and seeing if that clears it up for you. Thanks

On 09/05/2019 at 06:52, Oguh said:

my game still crashing . Quits unexpectedly and exits . i play on Macbook and it's been like this since last week . Whats going on ? already updated the public beta and still nothing . 

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.44.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 10.10.16 AM.png

Hi, It would seems like the crash is related to the OSX version 10.14.4, we would recommend you to update to 10.14.5 to see if it clears it up for you.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

On 10/05/2019 at 15:42, divij13 said:

I had played for a week or so in the game, selected my team and then shut the lid of my laptop for about an hour or so.

When I came back, opened the lid and pressed Space to continue to the match, the game crashed. This is the message I got:

Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 6.29.57 PM.png

The same thing happened again a couple of hours later. Played a bit, shut the laptop lid for about an or so and when I came back the game crashed within one minute.

Then it happened again but this time as I was switching desktops using the three finger gesture. 

Had no other programs running other than the ones that start on startup  like Volta, TG Pro and Magnet.

Hopefully this helps in finding the problem!

Hi are you still having the crash issue on Public Beta? If so I would suggest you to update your OSX version to 10.14.5 as the crash issue seems to be related to 10.14.4.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thank you.

On 17/05/2019 at 22:14, tomstabb said:

Hi Brocky mate, long time no speak!

I'm afraid I'm getting the same, frustrating crashes since updating to Mojave and then having to switch to the public beta. Was running fine on the beta the last few days and then as of today, I'm getting crashes. Not running any streaming or any other programmes or apps for that matter.

Any other suggests mate?

Cheers and hope you're well!

Hi have you tried after updating to your Mac OSX version to 10.14.5? We think the crash has to do with the 10.14.4.

Either way let us know how you get on, please. Thank you.

@Rivanov  @maccataq @cwc1 @Amarante @Vapo2142 @Andycrawford81

Are you guys still having crashes? If you are and still on the Mac OSX version 10.14.4, we would suggest you to move to 10.14.5 as the crash on the pubic beta seems to be related to 10.14.4.

If you think you are having lag issue after updating to 10.14.5, please PM me with your system information so we can investigate further.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Are you guys still having crashes? If you are and still on the Mac OSX version 10.14.4, we would suggest you to move to 10.14.5 as the crash on the pubic beta seems to be related to 10.14.4.

If you think you are having lag issue after updating to 10.14.5, please PM me with your system information so we can investigate further.

Will test tomorrow.

On 30/05/2019 at 14:42, Jimmy Wong said:

I will look tonight and test. I have been having far fewer crashes though and almost completely stopped bar one recently out of the blue.

On 30/05/2019 at 08:42, Jimmy Wong said:

No crashes here. 

Seems to be solved. Running 19.3.5 Public Beta on macOS 10.14.5 and so far so good. No crashes even when I frequently switch to another desktop/app.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah seems fine for me since updating to 10.14.5!