Sports Interactive Community
Rivanov

FM 19.3.4 extremely slow since macOS 10.14.4 update

FM is running extremely slow right now, on my MacBook Retina 12" since the 10.14.4 macOS Mojave update.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

18 hours ago, Rivanov said:

FM is running extremely slow right now, on my MacBook Retina 12" since the 10.14.4 macOS Mojave update.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

I can also testify to this as well. The game lags horrible, getting less than 30fps in the ME. game freezes on main menu. Freezes when switching between screens.  Game is unplayable. 

Note: Do not Update to 10.4.4 

System:

2037791377_ScreenShot2019-03-30at9_46_14AM.thumb.png.1e9167e8aa9f84140f36734c5e4303fc.png

There are several threads where this has been reported and SI have acknowledged it and are investigating.

6 hours ago, Jackamo0103 said:

Yep, same here... Game is almost unplayable.

For those having issues, CMD+R and use the time machine back up to restore to a point before the update, i just did that. Until SI launches a fix  

Hey guys, 

We are aware of this issue and are working towards a fix, 

We ask you to be patient as we are still trying to figure out the best way to deal with this issue,

As soon as we have a fix we will update you,

Cheers,

Hugo

We are still looking into it,

I understand your frustration but can assure you we are trying our best to find a solution,

We appreciate your patience.

Cheers,

Hugo

4 hours ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

We are still looking into it,

I understand your frustration but can assure you we are trying our best to find a solution,

We appreciate your patience.

Cheers,

Hugo

Thanks for the feedback Hugo! Hope you guys will find a solution very soon. :)

Hi,

I have the same issue :(

Good luck to the whole team :thup:

Having the same issue too -- but I haven't even updated to 10.14.4. I am still on 10.14.3. It was working fine until last night. Any idea why that would be the case even if I haven't updated to 10.14.4 yet?

Just updated and same issues for me. How long does it actually take to fix these issues? Happened to me previously when I last updated my MacBook Pro too.

I have the same issue since latest Mac OS update, however, turning off retina display in FM's Settings has helped massively. Sure it doesn't look super crisp but its perfectly playable whereas before was tortuous. 

Here's hoping it won't take as long as it took the last time (which was, what, a month ago?)

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, cwc1 said:

Here's hoping it won't take as long as it took the last time (which was, what, a month ago?)

That one was entirely on SI though, as those of us who hadn't updated our Macs had problems too. This time I would lump some of the blame on Apple given it worked fine on the previous version of the OS.

Also, a hint for anyone wanting to still play: if your general game-speed isn't bad, and the 3D graphics are the main thing making it unplayable, then turn on 2D classic, and disable replays for goal-line decisions or offsides as they automatically throw your back into 3D. The lag is still there but it just doesn't matter as much on 2D.

Edited by zlatanera

7 hours ago, zlatanera said:

That one was entirely on SI though, as those of us who hadn't updated our Macs had problems too. This time I would lump some of the blame on Apple given it worked fine on the previous version of the OS.

Also, a hint for anyone wanting to still play: if your general game-speed isn't bad, and the 3D graphics are the main thing making it unplayable, then turn on 2D classic, and disable replays for goal-line decisions or offsides as they automatically throw your back into 3D. The lag is still there but it just doesn't matter as much on 2D.

Not true. I've been playing on 2D Classic forever and it's only started lagging since I updated my Mac.

1 hour ago, bahrami said:

Not true. I've been playing on 2D Classic forever and it's only started lagging since I updated my Mac.

Yeah no I wasn’t denying there’s lag, just that at least on 2D it doesn’t make you feel like you’re having a fit 

My MacBook Pro Retina 2015 has become unplayable. Normally play with 2D classic view and plays very smoothly. Now it's down to half a frame a second. Not sure if the Intel drivers were updated with this update and aren't optimised for the game now.

34 minutes ago, cbowen01 said:

My MacBook Pro Retina 2015 has become unplayable. Normally play with 2D classic view and plays very smoothly. Now it's down to half a frame a second. Not sure if the Intel drivers were updated with this update and aren't optimised for the game now.

Turn off 'Use Retina Display' in the settings and then restart game. Runs like before update now for me just not as crisp graphics. 

Same Problem as before in January , Apple release an update and FM becomes unplayable. Interim solution last time was the the release by SI of a Beta which made the game playable until a full solution was released a few days later .

Permanent solution is SI and Apple communicate better 

1 hour ago, Jack_Gale said:

Turn off 'Use Retina Display' in the settings and then restart game. Runs like before update now for me just not as crisp graphics. 

Will give it go. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ronaldinosa said:

Same Problem as before in January , Apple release an update and FM becomes unplayable. Interim solution last time was the the release by SI of a Beta which made the game playable until a full solution was released a few days later .

Permanent solution is SI and Apple communicate better 

Why would Apple need to communicate with SI?

The 10.14.4 macOS update was in beta, which developers can access for a number of weeks before release.

It would appear that there wasn’t enough testing done before the release of the Mac update.

Time and time again the Mac gets looked over because it’s not as popular. It’s understandable that there are more resources put into the Windows side of things however the blatant lack of acceptable testing before FM updates and Mac updates come out isn’t good enough.

Edited by FourFourRED

5 minutes ago, FourFourRED said:

Why would Apple need to communicate with SI?

The 10.14.4 macOS update was in beta, which developers can access for a number of weeks before release.

It would appear that there wasn’t enough testing done before the release of the Mac update.

Time and time again the Mac gets looked over because it’s not as popular. It’s understandable that there are more resources put into the Windows side of things however the blatant lack of acceptable testing before FM updates and Mac updates come out isn’t good enough.

I agree. When I buy some software, it’s not unreasonable that for a period after release (in FM’s case, the year!), the developers ensure it works with current operating systems. To have something like this happen once is poor, but twice in a few months is really shoddy from SI.

12 hours ago, itszamora said:

I agree. When I buy some software, it’s not unreasonable that for a period after release (in FM’s case, the year!), the developers ensure it works with current operating systems. To have something like this happen once is poor, but twice in a few months is really shoddy from SI.

Didn't I say SI Speak to Apple , not the other way round ? 

Exactly what you said , the OS update was there , This is exactly the same situation as before when the game obviously wasn't pre tested with OS before release

59 minutes ago, fmdynamic said:

Having the same issue here, any update on a solution?

Turning off Retina display and restarting the game using 2d works as a temp fix until they come up with a more permanent solution , not ideal but at least it makes the game playable

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ronaldinosa:

Turning off Retina display and restarting the game using 2d works as a temp fix until they come up with a more permanent solution , not ideal but at least it makes the game playable

This did nothing for me. 

Got the same issue here.

Game is basically unplayable and, as several others have said, have to untick the use of the retina display to be able to play the game. It's not a great solution because it looks like a much older game but hope there's a fix soon.

There's a lot of us Apple users out there guys, please try your best for a solution asap!

Getting boring this, is anyone from SI going to update us?

On 06/04/2019 at 04:51, Jack_Gale said:

FYI this has made a minor difference to mine - it now just feels a little slow, rather than extremely unresponsive.

Are we to expect this every time Apple release an update to the OS ?

is it too much to ask that SI test on the latest OS available , even those in BETA , surely it isn't rocket science ?

2 hours ago, Matt ex SEGA said:

FYI this has made a minor difference to mine - it now just feels a little slow, rather than extremely unresponsive.

Except it looks like I'm now playing through a screen similar to what you see when you put them wonky frames on during eye tests. Sort it out SI.

That’s cool - I mean, it’s not like people have paid money for a product they currently can’t use (and also couldn’t a couple of months ago) due to your failure to do basic compatibility testing with operating system updates. Take as long as you want.

27 minutes ago, itszamora said:

That’s cool - I mean, it’s not like people have paid money for a product they currently can’t use (and also couldn’t a couple of months ago) due to your failure to do basic compatibility testing with operating system updates. Take as long as you want.

Exactly.  We pay money for something that does not work.  Are you going to somehow compensate for these difficulties for Mac OS owners?

18 hours ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Unfortunately not yet,

We are still investigating,

Cheers,

Hugo

Translation:

We took the weekend off ... again ... just like the last time the game was unplayable for over a week.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Unfortunately not yet,

We are still investigating,

Cheers,

Hugo

Come on man. Last time you released a previous old BETA update for those suffering with these issues.

Do the same or compensate those of us who've bought this game and can't play it.

Edited by bahrami

We understand your frustrations,

However as you can imagine it's not an easy fix when it has to do with an OS update,

We can assure you that we are trying our best however we just ask for your patience,

Cheers,

Hugo