<Poll> Do you use the winter transfer window database update?

Do you use the winter database update?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. As the title - do you start new saves using the winter transfer window database updates or do you use the original starting database?

• Yes, winter update
    • No, starting database

Perhaps I'm alone in this but whenever I start a new save I never use the winter transfer window database update.  I also always start saves with the first transfer window turned off.

This is because I like to start saves as teams started the season.  It adds to the realism for me.  Perhaps if we could also choose to turn off the second transfer window I may use the winter database update, because then we could at least end the first season with the same playing staff as actual teams do.

Anyway, thought it might be interesting to get other's views :).

I'm similar to you @herne79 in that I generally use the original DB and no first window transfer budget.

I make exceptions though - for example if a specific player got a decent bump, I might use the newer update or if I'm playing as a team I know really well like Man Utd I'll have the first window budget if I know what I'm doing with the squad. 

i really don't care about winter update. by the time it is released I am already in the 10th season of my 1 save per year. 

Even if I was to start a save after the winger update, it would make no sense to have players from the start of the season that actually arrived a few months later. 

4 hours ago, Rakennusmestari said:

The poll is a bit confusing as basically the question is do you do a or b and then the options are simply yes and no :idiot:

Updated to avoid confusion :thup:.

2 hours ago, White Flag said:

Not quite that simple, the option for "neither" is missing. And I'm a "neither".

What's "neither"?  An edited database?  If so then it's not relevant for you as it's simply about using the winter update or not :).

13 horas atrás, herne79 disse:

Perhaps I'm alone in this but whenever I start a new save I never use the winter transfer window database update.  I also always start saves with the first transfer window turned off.

This is because I like to start saves as teams started the season.  It adds to the realism for me.  Perhaps if we could also choose to turn off the second transfer window I may use the winter database update, because then we could at least end the first season with the same playing staff as actual teams do.

I play with the Winter update, but I do like your suggestion of disabling the winter transfer window in those cases.

I mostly play with Winter update due to wanting to use the updated and hopefully most accurate player ratings. But it does get a bit weird when you have a player signing for multiple clubs per season without actually playing for any of them (I currently have a player in August 2018 who has joined 4 clubs in 18/19 including a loan). Playing original squads with updated ratings would be amazing, if probably hard to implement.

9 hours ago, Cal585 said:

But it does get a bit weird when you have a player signing for multiple clubs per season without actually playing for any of them (I currently have a player in August 2018 who has joined 4 clubs in 18/19 including a loan).

To be honest that's probably a bigger motivator behind me sticking with the original DB than realism. Piatek in the updated DB moves to Genoa for around £3m then to Milan for about £30m in the same season, it looks bizarre. 

On 29/03/2019 at 12:27, herne79 said:

i always use the January transfer update so it fixes the bugs and stability issue's but i always start with the first transfer windows disabled i try to make it as close to real life as possible  

I never play with it because it screws up all the custom databases I have loaded :lol:

And I would like the create a club mode to allow you to choose whether you use the update or not. Being forced to use it is a tad annoying

In an ideal world, I'd use the summer squads but with the more accurate attributes from the winter update. Unfortunately that isn't a possibility (yet), so I just use the winter update so players are slightly more true to life, despite the inaccuracies in the starting squads.

Archived