Sports Interactive Community
crusadertsar

My Guide to creating a 3-5-2 tactic - Part 2: Transition Unit

Loved pt. 1 & 2!

Will you be covering any player instructions? Just thinking that if there's extreme urgency when it comes to team pressing, that may prove counter-intuitive when it comes to having you midfield two holding position and playing conservatively. Will you be turning their individual pressing instructions down a notch?

Thanks

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, jckmlscrwly said:

Loved pt. 1 & 2!

Will you be covering any player instructions? Just thinking that if there's extreme urgency when it comes to team pressing, that may prove counter-intuitive when it comes to having you midfield two holding position and playing conservatively. Will you be turning their individual pressing instructions down a notch?

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback :). Honestly, pressing intensity is one thing I'm not completely sure about. I was hoping to get some advice from you guys on that.

I actually used a setting that is a notch lower than the extreme one in the screenshot but in the last couple of games with Valencia I've been experimenting with highest urgency. I was thinking that as long as I don't tell them to counterpress (or maybe even tell them to regroup) it will help my players dominate possession better and try to retain the ball more without necessarily getting drawn out of possession. I don't want them to chase it all over the place as is bound to happen with generic gegenpress. I'm going for a more disciplined pressing approach. But any suggestions are welcome. The tactic is always a work in progress and never perfect.

And for individual instructions, the only one is use is "stay wider" on DLP to make him stick closer to my wingback

Edited by crusadertsar

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Thank you for the feedback :). Honestly, pressing intensity is one thing I'm not completely sure about. I was hoping to get some advice from you guys on that.

I actually used a setting that is a notch lower than the extreme one in the screenshot but in the last couple of games with Valencia I've been experimenting with highest urgency. I was thinking that as long as I don't tell them to counterpress (or maybe even tell them to regroup) it will help my players dominate possession better and try to retain the ball more without necessarily getting drawn out of possession. I don't want them to chase it all over the place as is bound to happen with generic gegenpress. I'm going for a more disciplined pressing approach. But any suggestions are welcome. The tactic is always a work in progress and never perfect.

And for individual instructions, the only one is use is "stay wider" on DLP to make him stick closer to my wingback

Hey mate, read through your posts more than once! trying my best to get it lol, I'm fairly new to FM but learning fast and love the ideas you have put out. Because I like possession it is also worth noting in a couple of earlier games I tried very short passing as I figured I could set that and then change the PI's for players that have good passing stats/vision

1.thumb.png.fa9eee25683018e76b8e635c1d0dc940.png

2.thumb.png.b5afd4356f8d1871abde4178ab0acfb9.png

3.thumb.png.d1e2502f9eabe51c10dbcda919d6d826.png

Now I am having a few bad results whilst I am learning and trying to tweak this. My first game with this tactic was the 2-0 home win against Brighton so since then I am

Played: 13

Won: 8

Draw: 2

Lost: 3

Out of the 3 lost, against Watford and City I really got battered to a point where I did change the CWB's to WB def/supp at some point so I would like to have a chat or get some advice on how I could imprrove my possession in games where I am not doing so great.

The last game against Arsenal went pretty well, the only tweak I made prior was telling the front 3 to roam from position. Also only just recently signed Grimaldo, I already feel like he will be great for this. 

Edited by mrcjevans

@mrcjevans Thanks for reading it mate. Those are actually great results for the start of the season. Manchester United is not as easy to play this year as on previous versions. You gotta give the tactic some time to get fluent, at least until January. Also I think Grimaldo has the potential to develop into a great complete wingback! It's still a work in progress for me too as I'm trying to work out the kinks. But I'm glad you are giving it a chance. It not meant to be some kind of super plug in tactic but if you got the players for it and it works, then that's awesome :)

14 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

@mrcjevans Thanks for reading it mate. Those are actually great results for the start of the season. Manchester United is not as easy to play this year as on previous versions. You gotta give the tactic some time to get fluent, at least until January. Also I think Grimaldo has the potential to develop into a great complete wingback! It's still a work in progress for me too as I'm trying to work out the kinks. But I'm glad you are giving it a chance. It not meant to be some kind of super plug in tactic but if you got the players for it and it works, then that's awesome :)

Yeah, can't wait for your third part! Absolutely no fun in downloading OP tactics and winning everything lol I like the idea of having to make changes based on the scenario at hand

Posted (edited)

Great articles both here and on your webpage,it have given me a tons of helpful info

Edited by Kung

19 hours ago, jckmlscrwly said:

When can we expect part three? I'm v. much interested in hearing about the attack element to the formation. Thanks.

It is actually coming out on Wednesday April 17th on both Dictatethegame and here. Thank you for you interest :) 

10 hours ago, Kung said:

Great articles both here and on your webpage,it have given me a tons of helpful info

Thank you for your kind words! Hopefully Part 3 will part next week will be helpful to you too. Its all about my attackers.