The Pentagon Youth Challenge - Tequila Mockingbird

B.W.G

I've decided to take a break from my other career as I wanted to do something slightly different other than jumping from club to club in very short amount of time,I thought about doing a youth challenge as my save from FM12 was without a doubt my favourite save.I then had the idea of taking it one step further by winning the five major continental trophies using only players to have come through the youth system.

The major continental trophies I will be aiming for are the African Champions League,CONCACAF Champions League,Asian Champions League,Copa Libertadores and European Champions League with a team from these nations.

sifPxn4.png?1

Brazil - 4 Tiers

Denmark - 4 Tiers

Egypt - 3 Tiers

Japan - 6 Tiers

Mexico - 5 Tiers

I've gone for nations where I've not seen many careers done on FM before.(I think Mexico and Brazil are the most visited of the five!)

The order I will be going is Egypt,Mexico,Japan,Brazil then Denmark.

For the advanced set up,I've made sure that the teams should get staff as well as add players to playable teams.

RBFjvoD.png?1

The final thing to note is that when I do a nation,I will load other countries from that continent to give it more of a challenge when I get to the continental stage as if you just have the one nation loaded from the continent then most of the time a team from that nation will win their Champions League (or Copa Libertadores). 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Qena SC

Spoiler

Season        League	    Position     Cup	    Continental	     TF          YF            JC	    YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	       N/A          Poor         Poor        Minimal      Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round        N/A          Poor         Poor        Minimal      Limited        462
2020/21   Second Division     2nd      Quarters        N/A          Poor         Poor        Minimal      Limited        492
2021/22   Second Division     1st     5th Round        N/A          Poor         Poor        Minimal      Limited        541
2022/23    Premier League     4th      Quarters        N/A          Basic        Poor        F.Basic       Basic        1601
2023/24    Premier League     3rd      Winners         N/A        B.Average      Basic       Average      F.Basic       2118
2024/25    Premier League     3rd      Winners       Winners       Adequate    B.Average    Adequate      Average       5836
2025/26    Premier League     1st       Third        Winners       Average      Adequate      Good       A.Average      6585
2026/27    Premier League     1st      Quarters      Winner         Good        Average     Excellent   Established     9245

SEP Puebla

Spoiler

Season        League	      Position       Cup       Continental       TF            YF          JC	      YR         Avg.Att
2027/28	   Third Division      1st/1st       N/A           N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic         407
2028/29     P.D Serie B          5th         N/A           N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic         344
2029/30     P.D Serie B          1st         N/A           N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic         405
2030/31     P.D Serie A I        1st         N/A           N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic         560
2031/32   Promotion League     1st/2nd    N.A/2nd RD       N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic        4730
2032/33   Promotion League     3rd/1st    2nd RD/Win       N.A        B.Average      Basic       Minimal      Basic        6144

Edited by B.W.G

Qena SC

Hall of Fame

The 150 Club

(Appearances,Goals,Assists,Clean Sheets etc.)

Player             Years Active      Position     Games      Goals/C.S       Assists
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ibrahim Ibrahim        2019-                ST         292           260          62
Osama Farouk           2020-                GK         290           120           0
Adel Samir             2020-                DR         261             9          64
Ahmed Sobhy            2021-                ST         245           174          74
Omar Gomaa             2020-                DL         236            12          51
Ibrahim Younes         2021-               AMR         232            81         107
Amr Abdel Wahab        2019-                MC         230            41          43
Mohammed Sohby         2021-               DLC         218            11          14
Alaa Aly               2022-               AMRLC       213           105          76
Kareem Fawzy           2023-                DC         167            12           6
Nader Mostafa          2019-                MC         163            11          21

Edited by B.W.G

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 3rd Division Group B - Club Takeover - 2018/19

VDCVbaE.jpg

Club Background

E25rlYp.png?2

Manager's Thoughts

This club was picked via random number generator with numbers between 1 and 88 (groups A to F).

The club is a semi-professional club with a very good size stadium for this level as it holds 10,000.The facilities are what you would expect at this level as they are poor with limited recruitment and minimal junior coaching.Out of the 88 teams,we are predicted to come 39th so nothing to worry about there.As for group B itself,the board want a top half finish which should be achievable.Although I would love some defenders through in the intake!

Edited by B.W.G

• B.W.G changed the title to The Pentagon Youth Challenge - Walk Like An Egyptian

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 3rd Division Group B - Pre-Season - 2018/19

Season Preview - Competition Expectations

Transfers

Just to show that there is no foul play from me as I won't be signing anyone from other clubs.Surprised to see no outgoings though as some of the clubs better players have attracted a lot of attention.

Pre-Season Fixtures

ptmZYbR.png?1

A real mixed bag as I managed to actually lose to my reserve side!Other than that,we had enHcouraging draw against Sohag FC who are a second tier team.The players seem to be adapting to the tactics quite well and I'm glad to see the players fitness levels are to a decent standard.

The Team 

f6cuEBb.png?1

Key Players

7xHJEnX.png?1

x1gPhKv.png?1

B8kvkUQ.png?1

cndyNzR.png?1

Well that's not worrying at all,all my best players are attackers so I guess it's a case of outscoring the opposition!

Manager's Thoughts

We have actually been moved up from 39th in the media prediction to 35th,the reason why there is so many is that there are 8 teams at this level but they are spread out over six groups,the winner of each group will then get promoted to the second tier.My board still wants a top half finish and a place in the third round of the Egyptian Cup so both should be obtainable.We have a fairly decent squad with out strength being the midfield so I will need to use that to my advantage which should help us be in the top half.As for the Egyptian Cup,we have been give a easier tie in the first round so we might be able to get a decent run going.

What I do need this season is defenders to come through the youth intake as I have literally nothing in those positions so I don't care what they are as anything could be an improvement on what I have.If I can get to a point where the majority of my players are at 2.5* then I could challenge for the top spot but that will be in the future as I am not expecting fireworks straight off.Time to get stuck in.

Edited by B.W.G

August 2018

Fixtures

5GBBGZj.png?1

League Table

IchEleC.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Very surprising start as we won all five games and without conceding a single goal.I expected to win the cup game as I was facing a non-league team,so to win 3-0 in my first game in charge was very encouraging.As for the league,I have been stunned as we have been very clinical with our chances as we could have easily dropped points against Shabab Ebshouay and Port Faud,the funny thing is that we have actually dropped to 53rd in the media prediction list!The only other thing to note is that Mohamed Mostafa left the club,his contribution to the season was scoring twice against Luxor.I can't wait for this club to have some money so I can offer proper contracts to the players and not non-contracts!

Five games in September as we play Banha,Assiout Petroleum,Al-Rebat We Al-Anwar and Ghazi Damietta in the league,so we play two of the big boys and two of the bottom teams in the league,as long as we are in the top half come the end of September then I will be happy.The other game is the 2nd round of the Egyptian Cup where we will face Al-Tahir,they seem to be a pretty decent side as they sit 4th in their Second Division group,funnily enough they play in the same league as Sohag who I played in pre-season.I'm not expecting to win this game but I prefer we did as it means we would have met the boards expectations.

September 2018

Fixtures

aYTR6Qt.png?1

League Table

wkTd708.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I am pretty more speechless with how the month went as there is no way that should have happened.First thing to note is that my first choice goalkeeper left on deadline day (god damn non-contracts!),second thing is that the games have been pretty even,Al-Tahir managed 13 shots,Al-Rebat managed 12 shots and even Gazhi Damietta managed ten shots against me,I know it probably won't last but wow this is unusual!We beat Al-Tahir in the cup which can be considered an upset as they are in the tier above us.This month in the league saw us concede goals for the first time this season but we did score 19 in response as we stay two points clear at the top with a game in hand.

October brings us five more games as we play Sherbin,Shabab Zefta,Shabab El-Dab'a and El Horreya AC in the league.With the way things have gone so far,I wouldn't be surprised to see us top come the end of October,if we do beat Sherbin then that will be massive for us as that is the team we already have a game in hand against so it could be a massive advantage for us.The biggest game of the month comes in the Egyptian Cup when we face Premier League side Haras El-Hodoud,I am really not expecting anything from that game as they are by far the better side when it comes to quality so my only aim is to try and make it competitive.

As for the remains of my team,this is what it looks like...

Q0zylJ1.png?1

The attack looks pretty good,especially in midfield but look at the ability of my defence,this is why it is surprising that we are doing so well as all the opposition has to do is attack the left back and my best keeper has 1* CA!I'm guessing the team is actually good for this level but due to some of the attackers,they have made the rest of the team look worse than what they are at this current level.

Edited by B.W.G

October 2018

Fixtures

DuH91Zm.png?1

League Table

qeLxurE.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The big game of the month was the cup game against Premier League side Haras El-Hodoud,14,940 people turned out to see us get completely dominated as they showed how big a gap is between one of the poorer Premier League sides and a team in the Third Division.We were that dominated,I would have been forced to post the stop,he's already dead gif if they had scored a couple of more!As for the league,we picked up ten points from twelve where the only game we dropped points was the Shabab El Dab'a game which I will put id down to a hangover from the cup game.The other three games were good performances as we were outplayed against Sherbin and then beat Shabab Zefta with 9 men!El Horreya were kicked to the kerb in the last game of the month.We are looking very good at the top with a nine point lead.

We play four games in November as all our focus is now on the league.We face off against Shabab Faqos,Al-Hamol,Ghazi Suez and Luxor during the month.We face off against a top team in Shabab Faqos and a mid table side in Al-Hamol,both games are there for the taking as Faqos are slow in defence so I need to use pace to exploit the defenders while Al-Hamol have one of the weaker defences in general.We then kick off the second round of fixtures,we should win these games as both teams are towards the bottom so I would like to win these games to keep us at the top as moving up will mean more money due to increasing rep as well as big attendances which is what I need at the moment as the balance stands at £15,427!The other reason I need to get more money is so I can offer better than non-contracts as that allows players to leave on frees which I need to stop somehow.

November 2018

Fixtures

LbPN9UK.png?1

League Table

DiTcI1v.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month as we picked up maximum points from the four games played.Three of the four games were absolute thrashings as we destroyed Shabab Faqos,Ghazl Suez and Luxor.The game against Al-Hamol ended up being a bad tempered affair as both teams finished the game with ten men,we were lucky with the fact that our sending off came in the 94th minute so I used my one man difference to our advantage as we edged the game.It is a great sight to see us have a eleven point lead with twelve games to go as we are currently in a very strong position to get promotion.

December is a quiet month with just the two league games to play as we face Ghazl Shebin and Port Fuad.Port Fuad should be the more difficult of the two but we are in strong form so we should be able to get results off both teams.We are coming up to our youth intake but I can't remember if it is the end of December or start of January but wither way,I hope we get some decent players out of it as some of our rubbish players are complaining about not getting game time so I would rather get rid of them then have their unhappiness cause problems.

December 2018

Fixtures

CA3Y1Vz.png?1

League Table

iyd2y6o.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins from two as we stayed at the top of the table with a commanding fourteen point gap.The games themselves may look one sided but we had to work hard to do so,it took four goals in sixteen minutes at the end of the game to finally sink Ghazl Shebin.The game against Port Fuad was a complete different game to what the scoreline suggests as they actually outplayed us for quite a bit of the game,luckily we started off fast as we scored three in the first thirty minutes otherwise we could have been in trouble,also I don't have get stuck in on so I was actually impressed we managed to rack up that many cards although I will be missing three players for the next game!

Two games in January as we face off against Banha and Assiout Petroleum in the league.We will be weakened in defence for the game against Banha as I have three players suspended due to Port Fuad game.The game against Assiout Petroleum is a first vs second clash but I won't be bothered by the result as we are in such a strong position,I would like a win but whatever happens will happen.I think I get my first youth intake this month,if they are good youngsters then I won't be too bothered as it will give us much needed depth to the team,what I do really need is a decent left back as both options are terrible.

January 2019

Fixtures

SMauVQF.png?1

League Table

su9S9xW.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Won four points from six which was a brilliant achievement due to events which had occurred.We beat Banha 5-0 despite having three of my best four defender suspended for the game so that was very pleasing.A crowd of 5,904 saw us steal a point right from under the noses of Assiout Petroleum as we scored in the 93rd minute after they took the lead in the 90th minute,even with those events,I still managed get a player sent off and another one booked!Other things to note during the month is that I've signed a new contract so it now expires in 2020.The final thing is that there was no intake during January,only one African country has had a intake and that was Madagascar so I am not sure when Egypt is but hopefully soon.

Just the one game in February and that is when we face Al-Rebat We Al-Anwar,not really bothered about the result as we will be top no matter what happens.The most important thing for me is that I can keep all the players together as I am currently in the transfer window which ends 7th February,the players so far have accepted new offers when other clubs have come in for them but so far there haven't been any offers from second division clubs which would be very troublesome as the majority of them can offer weekly wages unlike ourselves!

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 3rd Division Group B - Youth Intake - 2018/19

The Intake

SlpVRxu.png?1

Hot Prospects

dehYTZO.png?1

8YsihQN.png?1

WYT9bv8.png?1

ieE89D8.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

An amazing intake for where we currently are but I'm not holding my breath as they will probably be gone in a couple of seasons when they get moved to non-contracts unless I can get the point where I can offer actual wages as a semi-professional.Although there is a small plus point as they are in youth contracts,I would get a compensation fee if someone signs them.

Of the four big ones,I only like Yasser Ibrahim's personality as the other three are not to my tastes.I know they can change but it will take quite a bit of work.If I get an actual offer in for Ibrahim Ibrahim then I will be putting a 50% sell on fee in it as I think he could find himself at a bigger club then the Egyptian ones.I know it may sound daft but at this stage,I need the money as a bank balance of £15,825 isn't going to do anything in the near future with regards to facility upgrades.

There is one massive downside though,none of these players can play for the remainder of the season as all players have to be registered no matter what part of the team they are in.

Edited by B.W.G

February 2018

Fixtures

kWFCAcF.png?1

League Table

dDxnwrf.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Only the one game and we made a right meal of it as we came from behind to win the game.To make it worse than what it seems,Al-Rebat went down to ten men after 38 minutes.I gave the players a kick up the ass at half time,we eventually broke them down and secured the win with two goals in twelve minutes as we edged the match.It's only a matter of time before we win the title although I was surprised to think that there is someone in the Egyptian third division who has a better defence than me!Al-Mareekh in group E have conceded 6 in 19 games!

March brings us three games as we face Ghazl Damietta,Sherbin and Shabab Zefta.We should be able to wrap the title up but I can't play any of my new youth players due to not being able to register them as I'm past the registration deadline!We could pick the title up in the game against Sherbin but it depends on results as we will need to beat Ghazl Damietta to be in that position.My aim for the month is win the title.

r4MUf4Z.png?1

TMrlUzv.png?1

Damn that defender to hell.Kamal may make the last game of the season in May if he's lucky.The defender who did that is out to 4-7 week with a twisted ankle,where's the justice in that!? 

March 2019

Fixtures

iLrXHTX.png?1

League Table

dA5u4qe.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A brilliant month results wise as we clinched the title which means we will be in the second division next season.As for the games,it was a case of better finishing as we beat Ghazl Damietta as it was a pretty dull game with 7 shots a piece.The Sherbin game was a bloodbath,two major injuries (one for each side),players ending up with knocks,one red card a piece,14 yellow cards and 45 fouls between us,think I went through a war with that game!The Shabab Zefta game was a sloppy affair but a late goal from Ragab saw us pick up the victory.

Two games in April as we face Shabab El Dab'a and El Horreya AC.My aim is to go the month unbeaten as we are so close to an unbeaten season which would be amazing.

April 2019

Fixtures

xQzJ10t.png?1

League Table

AKcm4A6.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Four points from two games was a good return as we kept our unbeaten run up which is what I wanted.The scoreline doesn't reflect the performance in the game against Shabab El Dab'a as we battered them and managed 30 shots in the game compared to their 3 so it was annoying to watch.The game against El Horreya was a bit meh,we scored in the first minute,they equalized in the 9th and not much happened after that,a few dodgy challenges,a few shots and no cards in sight!

May is the final month of the season in which we have two more games to play,we will face Shabab Faqos and Al-hamol in these final two games.My aim is to go unbeaten and this is our best chance to do so as I don't think it will be happening after this season!Shabab Faqos are by the better of the two teams so we will have to be careful but we should easily beat Al-Hamol.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 3rd Division Group B - End of Season - 2018/19

Transfers

Just to show that there is no foul play with regards to transfers.For the three players who left,Hanafy is the only one I will take exception to leaving us as he left for a second division side and is on £500 p/w which was way out of my reach.The other two,they left for a mid-table side even though I was fighting for promotion and they were two of my best players!

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Egyptian 3rd Division Group B - Winners

RjSnD3c.png?1

We were absolutely amazing for the first 25 games of the season as we sat on a record of 23-2-0,then the last three games happened where we picked up one point from nine as we finished on 23-3-2.Overall I am really pleased with how the season went as we were only predicted to finish in the top half but up we go to the second division.

Egyptian Cup - 3rd Round

fPthkIe.png?1

We met the boards expectations of reaching the third round which was good enough for me.We beat non-league side Shabab Ebshouay 3-0 in the first round before completely destroying 2nd division side Al-Tahir 6-0 in the second round.The third round saw us play Premier League opposition in the shape of Haras El-Hodout,we were no  match for them as we lost 3-0 and it could have been much worse.

Players,Stats and Awards

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

V7G1W7f.png?1

Mohamed Kamal

Ahmed Maher

Hassan Ragab

Mahmoud Aly

Manager's Thoughts

Overall it was an amazing season as we clinched promotion to the Second Division at the first time of asking which is what I wanted.The only disappointing thing of the season was the finish to the league campaign as we failed to win any of the last three fixtures which saw our attempt at an unbeaten season in the league fail miserably.Wasn't too bothered about the cup as the Premier League teams have so much more quality then we currently do.Unfortunately for the players,a lot may find themselves leaving as we will be able to register the youngsters who came through this season and pretty much all of them will be in and around the first team,some of the whiners I've had this season will be the first to go for whining about not having their own way.

On the financial side of things,we are in no position to ask for anything as we have a grand total of £11,898 left in the bank so that will not get us anything!Hopefully we will be given a new sponsor to help out a bit on the financial side of things.We should find ourselves with an average attendance increase next season so hopefully that can help us out otherwise I will have to try and aim for a top three position as they get paid!The reason the money is a concern is that I need to get away from only being able to offer non-contracts as that will leave players free to go unless they get a paid semi-pro contract or on a youth contract.At least pre-season will be quick!

Season        League	    Position     Cup	  Continental	  TF	   YF          JC	   YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	     N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        268

Edited by B.W.G

O4Lk4ND.png?1

Moved up the Egyptian rankings a lot,we are now the regarded as the second highest regional side in Egypt,a good showing next season should see us push into the national reputation.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 3rd Division Group B - Pre-Season - 2019/20

Transfers - Released

No incoming players as that would defeat the purpose of the challenge.Surprisingly managed to keep hold of my players so no one left for another the club.Three players were released and they were three of the four biggest moaners I had at the club so there was no hesitation from me to release them as they were not needed.

Pre-Season Fixtures

1S23o3d.png?1

We beat the three third division teams quite easily but we lost to the second division side which shows the quality of the second division sides which is quite worrying as our cohesion is abysmal and that need to take priority during the season to get it up to scratch.

The Team

tqA3N7R.png?1

Key Players

nb3Htse.png?2

pbtbMMl.png?1

QSQWZox.png?1

GWFbDfA.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A quick and relatively painless pre-season as I didn't have to deal with any headaches regarding transfers.Despite having some good players,I think we are looking at a mid-table finished at best,if we achieve that then we will have easily met the boards expectations of avoid relegation,could be a difficult season as even or media prediction is 11th out of 14 which means I should survive.Cohesion is something we will have to work out during the season as it was terrible during the pre-season fixtures,this was covered up by the fact the tier sides were even worse.The one hard team to face and we lost it,this shows me that we may need a few seasons to develop but by exposing the current youngsters to the first team,this should help with development.

Finances are a bit of a problem,our new sponsor was £5k less than the one it replaced so hopefully this will go up next season.Not had the results of season ticket sales but hopefully it's higher than 65 which was last seasons figure.My only other hope is that our average attendance is higher as that should help to bring us money in.A major plus is that I can offer proper semi-professional contracts which means clubs will have to buy the players instead of approaching them,this will speed up the process of the transfer window for us!

My aim for this season is survival and the 4th round of the Egyptian Cup.Here goes nothing.

Edited by B.W.G

August 2019

Fixtures

xg6pLuy.png?1

League Table

VFgeIb1.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well I'll be damned,I wasn't expecting this sort of start to the season.We did ride our luck in the first two games as we were helped by a stroke of luck and a bs penalty against Olympic Alexandria while Al-Shams were just awful and finishing,if they were any good then they easily should of got a draw with us.We won absolute bloodbath against Al-Hammam which saw 36 fouls,12 yellow cards,1 red card,a missed penalty and three injuries!We finished the month with a 3-0 win against Badra but in all honesty,they are truly terrible,there that bad even the media made them favourites for relegation so we should be beating them.

We have a busy September as we play six games,five of these are in the league while the other sees the start of our Egyptian Cup campaign.In the league we face Pharco,Abu Qir Fertilizers Club,El Mansoura,Al-Rajaa and Kafr El-Sheikh,don't think I have the quality to go another month unbeaten as El Mansoura have a far better team than we do but also with the fixtures being quite close together,I will have to rotate players and that may cost us points as well.In the Egyptian Cup,we will face Olympic Alexandria,we had a lucky escape against them in the league so we will have to perform much better if we are to progress.My main aim is to get through the cup as I have to get to the 4th round,in the league I will look to continuing racking up points as I'm aiming for 25 points as that should see us safe.

September 2019

Fixtures

FUSf69U.png?1

League Table

QPEcpiS.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Life in the second division decided it was time to get a taste of reality as we picked up six point from fifteen although despite the poor form,we somehow remain in third place which was the biggest surprise.For the wins,we came from 2-0 behind to beat Pharco while we destroyed Kafr El-Sheikh in which we could have easily scored three.As for the losses,we blew a 2-0 lead against Abu Qir Fertilizers,El Mansoura destroyed us even before we had a man sent off while poor finishing cost us against Al-Rajaa.The big result was the 1-0 victory over Olympic Alexandria as we were outplayed for the majority of the game and managed to sneak through to the third round.

October is a quieter month with three games.The biggest of these is the Egyptian Cup game against Al-Nassr who like us are a second division side but they play in Group 2,we should be able to beat them as we are in better form than them but it will be very close.In the league we will face Ghazl El-Mahalla and Shabab Tala,I'm not expecting much against Ghazl El-Mahalla as they have a much better quality team than us but we should be able to beat Shabab Tala as they are one of the weaker sides in the league.My aim is to win in the Egyptian Cup and carry on towards the 25 point target as that should see us safe based on the league last season.

October 2019

Fixtures

VS9Wugf.png?1

League Table

lvQwe27.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The big news of the month is we got through to the 4th round of the Egyptian Cup so we've met board expectations in that regard,unfortunately it came down to the lottery of a penalty shoot-out but it was so even throughout the 120 minutes that it would be only fair to have settled the game like that.In the league we lost 3-1 to Ghazal El-Mahalla which was pretty cruel as we were at least competitive in the game,if we were to lose then losing by one goal would have been fairer.Thankfully we came up against Shabab Tala who have been beyond terrible so I am relieved to have got three points as we move closer to the 25 point mark which will be survival.

Three games in November,two in the league and one in the cup.We face Damanhour and Olympic Alexandria in the league,Damanhour have been struggling so hopefully we can get some form of a positive result whether it will be a win or draw,either one will do for me.Not expecting much against Olympic Alexandria as we have twice rode our luck against them so I don't think I will get lucky a third time.The Egyptian Cup will signal the end of our run as we were drawn against Zamalek,we're away from home as well so I'm not making any money from it which is annoying.My aims for November are carry on towards the 25 point mark and try not to embarrass ourselves against Zamalek.

November 2019

Fixtures

1tMtMip.png?1

League Table

EGYYzhM.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Astounding form in the league as we won both games convincingly.The game against Damanhour was always a winnable game but to do so in that sort of fashion was fantastic Ibrahim "so good they named him twice" Ibrahim hit a hat-trick.The Olympic Alexandria game was a shocker as their discipline record (can't believe I'm saying those words!) got the better of them as we won 4-1 as they were reduced to ten men which we took advantage of,I do believe luck has helped me three times against them!The Zamalek game then happened,30,235 saw us get beat,the scary thing about this was that they were wasteful and we actually had more shots on target then they did so this could have been much worse!

Two games in December as we face Al-Shams and Al-Hammam in the league.We actually beat both of these teams earlier in the season so hopefully we can beat at least one of them again.I have no more aims left as we have already met my target of 25 points with 13 games to go so I am very confident we will survive now.I do feel bad for Ibrahim Ibrahim as he has literally carried the team this season,could really do with a good strike partner for him as well as some high quality defenders!

December 2019

Fixtures

2wwwK3F.png?1

League Table

7QYPMEr.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We were nothing short of phenomenal against Al-Shams as we ran out 7-1 winners,this was the best response I could have had off the team after the thumping we took off Zamalek the game before.The second game of the month comes with the saying football can be cruel sometimes,it was 1-1 when Al-Hammam had a penalty but the keeper saved it,we would immediately go down the other end and score what was the winning goal in the game.Ibrahim has been on fire as he sits on 20 goals in 17 appearances.

Two games in January as we face Badra and El-Baladeya.Badra could be a tricky opponent as they are fighting against relegation while I am sitting quite far behind in second so they have more to fight for than we do as there is very little chance of us catching El Mansoura.Surprisingly we have not played El-Baladeya so I'm not sure what to expect other than a tough game as they sit in 3rd,they were predicted 6th place in pre-season so it really could go either way.My aim is to carry on our form from December.

January 2020

Fixtures

dh1DpDl.png?1

League Table

KZhVHoO.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

On the pitch,everything went well as we won two from two.Off the pitch,I wanted to strangle some of my players and ex-player.Quite surprised by the victory over Badra as I thought they would put up more of a fight considering they are fighting relegation so to win 6-1 means they have some serious issues at the club.The victory over El Baladeya was an undeserved one as they were the better team in almost every department,that department was finishing as we edged the game 2-1.With regards to off the pitch,I had 17 year olds demanding first team action which was annoying as they were nowhere near as good the first choice who were in sensational form.The ex-player,I agreed to give him more game time,I started him in the game against El Baladeya,he then left the very next day!

February sees us play three games as we lock horns with Pharco,Abu Qir Fertilizers and El Mansoura.We should beat Pharco,I really do want revenge on Abu Qir Fertilizers as they beat us earlier in the season but I'm not holding my breath about a good result against El Mansoura as they have a much better side then us.I'll be over the moon if we can keep second place as if we are there at the end of the season then we will net £50,000.Depending on when it actually falls,we should get the next youth intake either this month or early March,Hopefully we can get a stand out central defender as we are lacking quality in defence.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 3rd Division Group B - Youth Intake - 2019/20

The Intake

71rrLmb.png?1

The Hot Prospects

Yg2ZDSM.png?1

8dh1dl6.png?1

Jqc9Hrh.png?1

PPGHC4n.png?1

Jrl65oy.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Very good intake for the defence as I will have a decent defence which includes the keeper position,unfortunately none of these can play as they registration period has long since passed.Could have done with a striker or two to help Ibrahim out but it will do for now.We will have two keepers,two left backs and two right backs which will be key for many years to come,I also have three centre backs which is useful,would love to see us get a 4th in the future but we have plenty of time before we are challenging for promotion,let alone challenging the bigger teams in Egypt.

Edited by B.W.G

February 2020

Fixtures

aRAMPX4.png?1

League Table

XqCttRm.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We still sit in second despite having an awful month where we picked up two points from nine which now sees us hang onto second place.We be the lead twice against Pharco which included a 87th minute equalizer so I was very annoyed at that.I've developed a hatred for Abu Qir Fertilizers as they beat us again in a rather one sided encounter,they are also the only side to do a double over us.Surprised with the draw against El-Mansoura as they failed to convert their chances as we equalized against the run of play,we were soon reduced to ten men in which we managed to cling on to a draw.

Two games in March as we face Al-Rajaa and Kafr El-Sheikh,I'm hoping we can return to winnings ways as the pressure has been turned up on us due to El Baladeya being right behind us.Al-Rajaa are not that far off us either as they are seven points behind us so they will be fighting to chase us down as only the top three get prize money.We should be able to beat Kafr El-Sheikh but we still have to be careful as our worst defeat of the season came from a team in similar position as them.My aim for March is pick up a win.

March 2020

Fixtures

fTd8kLG.png?1

League Table

UAtshIh.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

March was the perfect response to February's abysmal performance as we won both games while scoring thirteen goals in the process.The game against Al-Rajaa was a case of defence....what's that,we managed to score eight from eighteen shots which was brilliant and Ibrahim in this game decided to put his name into history as he became the first Qena SC player to score five in one game!We carried on our phenomenal scoring rate as we put five past Kafr El-Sheikh in a game we pretty much dominated for the entire match.We are also one win away from guaranteeing ourselves a minimum of £25k which would be very handy right not as we are leaking money despite being under budget by quite a bit for wages!

Two more games in April as we face Ghazl El-Mahalla and Shabab Tala.Ghazl El-Mahalla are a decent side who will put up some kind of fight while Shabab Tala are just hopeless in every possible way as they sit rock bottom with three points from twenty two games played.I want at least a minimum of one win this month as I want to consolidate second place to get the £50k for a 2nd place finish.

April 2020

Fixtures

wwHLQig.png?1

League Table

92mCU3l.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We got the one we needed to guarantee we finish 2nd place for the season which means we have £50k coming our way,our finances are saved for the time being!As for the games themselves,no complaints about the defeat against Ghazl El-Mahalla as it was an even game but we were wasteful in attack so it's our own fault at the end of the day.The one we needed came against Shabab Tala,they are woeful,I'm not even surprised we won 5-1 as they are that bad,we easily could have scored more!

May is the final month of the season and we play our last two games of the season against Damanhour and El Baladeya,we literally have nothing to play for now as we are guaranteed 2nd place and El Manasour won the title quite a while a go.I would like a better performance for the month of may than we did last season when we lost both games,that is my aim this time around!

May 2020

Fixtures

2dJHT7c.png?1

League Table

sMwBG6E.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up four points from our last two games as we finished the season on 54 points.We drew the game against Damanhour after we squandered far too many chances which annoyed me as we should have won the game.Was very pleased overall with the win over El Baladeya as they are a good team,thankfully my left winger turned up as my strikers failed to turn up again!Boy did I miss Ibrahim this month as he is currently on international duty for Egypt u20's!

End of season update to come before we move onto season number two in tier two.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - End of Season - 2019/20

Transfers - Released

Only one player left for another club but it was a loan offer so he will be back,Yehia has 3* PA so he could be a useful backup player in the future but whether that will be here is a different matter as it depends on who comes through in the youth intake.Four players released,the first three were always moaning for first team when they wern't good enough,two of them have now retired while Hanafy is still looking for a club.Mansour is our first youth prospect to leave the club despite the fact I started to give him game time when he decided to leave!

Season Review

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Second Division Group 3 - 2nd Place

C7HgMqr.png?1

An amazing season as we finished 2nd place in our first attempt in the second division,however this is misleading as despite finishing on 54 point,that would have only been enough for a 5th place finish in the 18/19 season.We were also lucky that we didn't have a team in this division who were relegated from the Premier League.Our attacking force was amazing as we were the top scorers despite but the defence let us down as we conceded 42 which was the 6th lowest amount.Hopefully we can maintain our luck and avoid a relegated Premier League side as the difference is quite scary.

Egyptian Cup - 4th Round

y5nReSh.png?1

We had a fought victory over Olympic Alexandria in the 2nd round as went through with a 1-0 win.The third round saw us play Al-Nassr who play in Group 2 of Division 2,that was a really even games which went to a penalty shoot out which saw us just keep our nerve and win the shoot out.The 4th round saw us play away to one of Egypt's big teams in Zamalek,to keep it short,we got battered and it could have been a lot worse than 5-2!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

PIMxe5C.png?1

Ibrahim Ibrahim

Shawky Belal

Mohamed Kamal

Manager's Thoughts

A very impressive first attempt in the second division as we came second in the league but I have to admit we were fortunate as we were in a division that didn't receive a relegated top flight side and we had a lower points total than 2018/19 4th placed team!We did net £50k for the finances so after bonuses have been taken out,we have £25,420 left in the bank,this should go up even further as we should get two new sponsors as they both expire in June and with the possibility of moving up to a national side then we should get more money from having a better reputation.Not had much luck in the draws as we keep getting drawn away to the Premier League sides,hopefully we can get one at home as we do have a 10,000 seater stadium which at the moment is not being filled!

On the facility side of things,there is still no movement as we can't afford to upgrade them,this will still be the case until we in the Premier League in which we will need to be consistently in there as even 15th (lowest survival place possible) would net us £150k but that is in the future,we just have to get out of the second division in which I hope we will be out of it in three more seasons (this includes next season).Pre-season will be short as we will just have the friendlies and need to integrate this seasons youth intake into the right teams.I will also be doing a little update on youth players who have left the club to see how they are getting on.

Season        League	    Position     Cup	  Continental	  TF	   YF          JC	   YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	     N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        462

Edited by B.W.G

Ex Youth-Candidate Watch

YANque8.png?1

A nice little memorial section for those who came through our youth system,I originally had plans to do this but I wasn't expecting to do it so soon.

LkB1B7h.png?1

Small update on the sponsorship,the additional kit sponsor has remained the same which is bit of a downer but at least the main kit sponsor has gone up!It was originally £13k over two seasons and it's now £57k over two years so it's a step in the right direction.

iXHFFnq.png?1

Two giant middle fingers to my board as we ended up selling a hot prospect for very little.

The first middle finger to the board is for accepting an offer of £10.5k form Zamalek.

The second middle finger to the board is that I managed to one up them and get a potential £20k with a 50% sell on fee off Al-Ahly!

feODF3Z.png?1

This was the offer the board accepted 

Edited by B.W.G

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - Pre-Season - 2020/21

TransfersReleased

One sold,one released and one out on loan.The released player Mostafa didn't have the ability or potential to be anything more than a third division player so it was best I let him go as he wasn't going to get game time here.Hanafy wanted to play more first team football so I sent him out on loan,would be an ideal third choice keeper for the club but I don't see that happening so may look to sell him in the next couple of seasons.As for the Hassan deal,due to the chairman accepting a lower offer,I started negotiating with other clubs,thankfully he agreed a deal with Al-Ahly as it was a much better deal for us but I was annoyed as I had use for him.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Ur3OrzK.png?1

The fixtures were done to get the players up to fitness before the new season starts,due to they younger players being used to the tactic as I play the same tactic at lower levels,they slotted in with ease which means the cohesion is at a above average level which is encouraging.

The Team

bvPQhwP.png?1

Key Players

LAXHRyK.png?1

udnyBC6.png?1

G2dZqHi.png?1

GbNOJLa.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I'm actually undecided on what I want from the season as the board want a top half finish while the media are predicting that I come 4th,I feel I have a good depth to the defensive side of the team but when it comes to the attack,I feel we are lacking a lot and it may cause some problems as there are no real stand out backup players and my second choice striker is out for up to three more weeks due to an injury picked up in a pre-season friendly.If we can challenge for the top stop that would be great  but as long as I get in the top 7 than the board will be happy.As for the Egyptian Cup,it depends on the draw as if we can get a decent draw then we may get far or knowing my luck,we will draw a premier league side as early as possible.

No signs of upgrades yet as the price of the lowest upgrade is usually around £250k from past experiences,my current balance stands at £64,460 which is a good start but we still have ways to go.Honestly,I wouldn't expect to see any upgrades until we get in the Premier League as there is more money there as there are only three paying positions in the second division.I did the best I could due to circumstances forced upon me due to the board being idiots,we have a clause for 50% of a sell on fee so hopefully he will develop well and earn a big money move as that would help us massively.My aim is to score more than 54 points as that was a low total for a 2nd place finish and hopefully earn some more prize money.

Y5sv0Wu.png?1

The first time this has happened in the save,hopefully it will be a success as I could do with an increase in the average attendance.50p to watch a football match for children who go with an adult,absolute bargain :D 

August 2020

Fixtures

5t0gPFV.png?1

League Table

Cjt0Vgr.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Excellent start to the season as we picked up thirteen points from fifteen as we sit top on goal difference due to the fact we have conceded one goal which just happens to be an own goal from my goalkeeper in the draw against Damanhour as it hit the post and went in off him.The fan day against Menouf was a success but I am jealous of the majority of teams as they have four figure attendances!The only problem we have had is on the pitch as the transition from defence to attack is not as smooth as I would like but I think I need to get partnerships formed between the defenders and wingers as I tend to use the flanks more often than not.

Five games in September,four are in the league while we kick off our Egyptian Cup campaign in the second round.In the league we face Nogoom,El Baladeya,National Bank of Egypt and Abu Qir Fertilizer.Nogoom are the team relegated from top flight and definitely are a quality team so they will be difficult,for the other league games,I want to beat Abu Qir Fertilizers (I hate them) as they beat us both times last season.We face Aswan in the Cup and I'm under pressure to win it as the board want us in the 4th round minimum.Aims for the month are ten points and progress in the cup.

pS3dlZ7.png?1

This is Mohamed Ibrahim and he his worth £1.8k

4L3VbxX.png?1

WuITNap.png?1

So why in the hell does the chairman think £725 is too good to turn down,this is the second time he has screwed me and the team over,only this time I couldn't protest it and I didn't have enough time to offer him to another club to try and get more money,I need this chairman gone as he is will hamper any progress made.

Considering I had over £50k in the bank before that offer,how can that be too good to turn down!

Edited by B.W.G

September 2020

Fixtures

9MC4BTX.png?1

League Table

WJcTusX.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The cup game was as fun to watch as it looks as it was back and forth action throughout the 90 minutes but props to the ref for letting things flow as the foul count was pretty low which helped contribute to the game.In the league,we had a perfect record of winning every game without conceding and I finally beat Abu Qir Fertilizers after losing both times last season.A quick look at the attendance after my fan day sees it slightly up on this time last season so that is a plus as it means we could start to see a lot more people in the ground if we are in contention for the title.We have a four point lead but that is easy to overtake at this stage of the season.

Three games in October as we play two in the league and one in the cup.In the league we face Kafr El-Sheikh and Al-Hammam.Kafr El-Sheikh shouldn't be too much of a problem as they are weaker than last season in regards to the strength of the squad but Al-Hammam have a made a brilliant start so they will be a tricky game.In the cup we face Premier League side Petrojet,I think we have a good chance as they are currently bottom of the Premier League so we could beat them as we have high morale which could be beneficial as it tends to help the players play better,the other plus side is that it's at our ground so hopefully we could see at least 2,500 people in the ground.My aim is to carry on our fantastic form.

October 2020

Fixtures

GpK6fET.png?1

League Table

HhK7mUx.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We stayed top despite suffering our first defeat of the season as we won our other match.It was two quickfire goals which sunk us against Kafr El-Sheikh as they scored both goals in the 88th minute,I'm not even going to use the excuse of being down to 9 men at that point as no one should be conceding twice in the same minute!We thumped Al-Hammam 5-1 to make sure we stayed top.As for the cup game against Petrojet,there is no way we should have won that as they dominated us and had a goal disallowed in extra time,we held our nerve and won on penalties but it is worrying as we struggled against the worst Premier League team!

Three games in November as we play two league games and a cup game.In the league we will play Olympic Alexandria and Alexandria Petrolium.As with any Olympic Alexandria game,I'm expecting a bloodbath as it always seems to be a very aggressive affair.Alexandria are one of the promoted teams and are currently struggling so hopefully we can pile on the misery.In the cup we face a familiar team,we are playing El-Baladeya who we recently just beat 3-0 in the league but because this is the cup,anything can happen but this is our best shot at progressing past the 4th round.My aim is to still be top and win the cup game.