The Pentagon Youth Challenge - Tequila Mockingbird

B.W.G

November 2020

Fixtures

jpe6VOs.png?1

League Table

6W8nWkw.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Picked up four points from six which was enough to keep us top of the table but so far it looks to be a three horse race.The Olympic Alexandria game was as expected,it was a blood bath,the only things missing were a red card and a penalty scored.Not too surprised by the Alexandria Petroleum game as we dominated them from start to finish,they will more than likely struggle for the rest of the season as there isn't much depth to them.As for the cup game,it was a very nervy affair as we edged past El-Baladeya,both teams were very cautious and tight so one goal difference was always going to settle the game.

December brings us three more games,we will face Damanhour and Menouf in the league while we face Al-Ahly or Haras El-Hodoud in the Egyptian Cup.Damahour are a very inconsistent side when it comes to the actual matches,one moment they will produce a moment of brilliance then you'll see a moment of madness literally minutes late,I have no idea what to expect when I face them.Menouf are the weakest team so I am expecting to beat them with very little problem.As for the cup,if we do end up facing Al-Ahly then my chances of the quarter finals have gone up in smoke so hopefully we will somehow face Haras El-Hodoud.My aim is to still be top at the end of the month.

Edited by B.W.G

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

December 2020

Fixtures

HhHnZJm.png?1

League Table

S9i4O3d.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

What an excellent month as we won games and won our biggest ever game.In the league,we edged past Damanhour,a late flurry did leave me worried as they probably should of equalized.The Menouf game was the Ibrahim Ibrahim show as he scored all four in the match but in saying that,none of the others actually looked like scoring as we squandered sixteen other chances as they were off target.Then came our biggest game ever,Ibrahim² was the man of the hour once again as he scored both goals to knock out the holders and Egypt's biggest team Al-Ahly....wow....just wow!!!

Three games in January as we face Ghazl El-Mahalla,Pharco and Al-Rajaa.We need to win all three as we cannot afford any slip ups due to where both Olympic Alexandria and Abu Qir Fertilizers are in the league,with four points separating the top three,one slip up could be costly and with eleven games left to play things could get very troublesome.For those interested in who we drawn in the Egyptian Cup,we were drawn against Pyramids who are actually top of the Premier League but the game will be in February.

Edited by B.W.G

January 2021

Fixtures

9NbUstl.png?1

League Table

c4blxyW.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I do believe the term oh bugger springs to mind as we made one single slip up in January and it has put Olympic Alexandria on the same points as us.No complaints with the wins against Ghazl El-Mahalla and Al-Rajaa as we were fantastic in both games but these games sandwiched a terrible match for us which came against Pharco,5-4 doesn't seem to bad of a scoreline as it seems quiet close but reality is that we were 5-2 down after 67 minutes and it could have been worse.It was just one of those days where nothing went right but it has made things even more tense at the top as there are eight games left to play,thankfully we have a much better goal difference!

Three games in February as we play two in the league and one in the Egyptian Cup.We play Nogoom and El Baladeya in the league,Nogoom are not actually that far off ourselves and Olympic Alexandria so we need to win that to put them further back and keep it between the top two.I'm actually surprised where El Baladeya are as they should be doing better so hopefully we can pile on the misery for them.The big game of the month is in the Egyptian Cup where we face Premier League side Pyramids,they will be an extremely difficult side to beat as they currently sit 2nd so we need to be at our best to even stand a chance.My aim is to be top of the table at the end of February as I'm not bothered by the cup.

quiH1O6.png?1

IBdHGoM.png?1

This chairman is a cancer to a club who needs a vote of no confidence against him as he has screwed me and the team again.Magdy was our 3rd choice centre back and was getting some game time,I am also literally down to three centre backs in my entire team.This is getting really frustrating as I couldn't even protest the transfer or get him to sign a new deal as he had not long signed one!

Edited by B.W.G

February 2021

Fixtures

bqck0OK.png?1

League Table

7hmJDna.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I swear I can hear a mocking laugh from somewhere.Literally the first game after my chairman sold my centre back,we lost 5-2 Nogoom in which one centre back got sent off and the other one got injured so my centre back partnership to finish the match was a right back and my other centre back!No complaints from the game against Pyramids as I saw why they are challenging for the Premier League title as they are very good side.At least we got a win this month as we beat El Baladeya 3-0 in convincing fashion.Unfortunately as you can see,we have dropped to second with six games to go as no one seems to be able to take points off Olympic Alexandria recently which is very annoying.

Two games in March as we face National Bank of Egypt and Abu Qir Fertilizers,we can no longer afford to drop any points as there are only six games left to play and any points dropped would be a disaster as we are now trailing in the league.We should beat National Bank of Egypt as they are one of the lower teams but Abu Qir Fertilizers are one of the better teams so we will need to be at our absolute best to get the win.The youth intake should appear in March as it normally shows up in February but not this time around,I would like a couple of central defenders,right winger and a striker.My aim is to win both games because I have to!

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - Youth Intake - 2020/21

The Intake

NSfBOee.png?1

The Hot Prospects

fKqqmy7.png?1

rTgftf8.png?1

DP21FwR.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Doesn't look as good as recent years but still got a few good players in,Ahmed Soby is really useful as he can play both advanced forward and poacher which are the the two main roles I use for up front.Younes is a very good prospect but I do need to work with him quite a bit as I use the inside forward role but he does have a good rating in it so I just to need to train him in certain area.Mohammed Sobhy is one of a number of players who can play at centre back which is a relief (thanks chairman!) but he seems to be the standout as he can play both centre back and left back at a good level.

For the rest of the season,the better ones will be playing with the reserves while the weaker ones will  be with the u20's.The three hot prospects will go into the first team next season,hopefully we will be able to keep our prospects this time around.

Edited by B.W.G

March 2021

Fixtures

uFP5UMs.png?1

League Table

fX67cn8.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

March saw the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.We beat National bank of Egypt which saw us go top as Olympic Alexandria lost to Ghazl El-Mahalla,we were convincing and fully deserved the win.Then the Abu Qir Fertilizers Club game happened and all I can say is that I hate them a lot,we were the better team with exception to finishing which they completely out did us but because Nogoom and Olympic Alexandria won,we dropped down to third place!

April is a big month as we have to face Olympic Alexandria during the month,this is our second game of the month but we have to win it to potentially go top.We also face Kafr El-Sheikh,we should beat them as they have been struggling down in 10th so I really need to win it.Nogoom will play also play a big part in the title race as they will also face Olympic Alexandria in May so at this moment in time it's literally anyone title to win.

April 2021

Fixtures

4ulK93z.png?1

League Table

5xCLUVj.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A better month with regards to performance and points wise but unfortunately due to the Olympic Alexandria result,the title is now officially out of our hands.We had a solid performance against Kafr El-Sheikh which saw us run out 2-0 winners,that win actually put us top as Nogoom drew and Olympic Alexandria actually lost to Al-Rajaa.The last game of the month saw us play Olympic Alexandria,we took the lead but we couldn't keep hold of it as we conceded a late equalizer which kind of threw a wrench into my plans as it meant it is out of my hands as Nogoom won the day before our game so it meant Nogoom went back to the top and we moved into second.

Two games left in May as we face Al-Hammam and Alexandria Petroleum.We have to win both of the games to stand a chance against promotion as if we slip up once then it is more than likely over.To coincide with this,I need Olympic Alexandria to beat Nogoom as if both ourselves and Olympic Alexandria win both games then we'd win the title due to  having a superior goal difference.I personally hate having to rely on someone else to help us towards something so all I can do is win both games,that is my aim for this month.

May 2021

Fixtures

ezV4rXB.png?1

League Table

OhmvyQo.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We did our part of the job but we came up short as Nogoom won both of there games as well so we ended up finishing 2nd place although it was much closer than last season.We came back from 2-1 down to beat Al Hammam thanks to a late rally.We controlled the Alexandria Petrolium game that much,I think they were already on holiday as they posed no threat to us,we also managed to do that this month without Ibrahim Ibrahim as he was ruled out for six weeks just before the game against Al Hammam.I will also place the blame on Olympic Alexandria as they lost to Nogoom this month as they conceded in the 86th and 90th minutes to lose 2-1,I think Olympic Alexandria place at number two on my hate list.

End of season update to follow before we move onto our third season in the second tier.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - End of Season - 2020/21

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Three players sold due to my chairman interfering which meant we could have got more than the £22.5k we got,I was only able to get other clubs to negotiate for Hassan as Ibrahim and Magdy were sold on deadline day.The four players who went out on loan may have something to offer if they develop accordingly,although if they haven't developed by the end of next season then they could end up leaving.One player released was never going to play for us again has actually retired,I was surprised a third division side didn't pick him up.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - Runners Up

X7HQENx.png?1

We scored more points than last season as we finished 2nd,we conceded less goals and performed nearly the same in attack so it was an impressive season over all but we fell just short as we lacked the depth in quality at times and were left short at times due to injuries,suspensions and losing players in defence due to the chairman selling them.I generally believe we will win it next season but will ultimately depend on if we get a relegated side in the division who are a decent side as Nogoom came down and went back up.I also hope Olympic Alexandria don't strengthen as they ran us close which could be problematic next season.

Egyptian Cup - Quarter Finals

62Y06vT.png?1

Our best run yet as we reached the quarter finals,along the way we beat Aswan 4-3 in the second round,beat Premier League side Petrojet on penalties despite being out played,beat El Baladeya in the 4th round in a straight forward game before we pulled off the ultimate cupset as we beat Al-Ahly in the 5th round 2-0,Al-Ahly were the holders and it was a sensational performance from Ibrahim up front as we went through.Pyramids beat us in the quarter finals but they were far too strong for us to challenge them.Pyramids would actually go on to win the competition.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

uhi11VS.png?1

Ibrahim Ibrahim

Omar Gomaa

Adel Samir

Manager's Thoughts

A bit gutted to come up short but at the end of the day,it could be more beneficial for us as it gives the players time to develop and we can register the next lot of youth players which will help strengthen for a title challenge next season.Pleased with the unexpected cup run but the finances are starting to drop rapidly now but we do get a new sponsor in June for additional kit sponsor and we have moved up to National Rep at long last so we are making steps in the right direction.We were not far off 500 for average attendance so I am expecting that to happen next season but due to cheap ticket prices (£4 for average season ticket,£1 for average ticket price),we will struggle to make money outside sponsorships and fan raising unless we get a chairman in who's willing to invest.

Finances are looking kind of dodgy at the moment,even though we have £36k in the bank,that is after the prize money of £50k and investment of the chairman worth £93k was put into the club,I need to get promotion ASAP so that is my aim next season and we should have the squad to do it.No signs of any upgrades yet as we cannot afford it so it will be many seasons to come before we see develop.Next season,we go again.

Season        League	    Position     Cup	  Continental	  TF	   YF          JC	   YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	     N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        462
2020/21   Second Division     2nd      Quarters      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        492

Edited by B.W.G

Ex-Youth Intake Players

J0rn3Uv.png?1

The bottom three players are still at the clubs they signed for,Hassan has been put on the loan list which will be the best for him as he hasn't played that much.Mansour is unlikely to be anything other than a Division 3 player,he has already been at three clubs and is wanted by another one,weird to think he is only 18!

Edited by B.W.G

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - Pre-Season - 2021/22

Season Preview - Competition Expectations

Transfers - Released

One player out on loan,Kamal and found himself further down the pecking order than what he started out at due to players developing better so out he went on loan to see if that will help him.Three players released as none of them were good enough or would have made any sort of impact on the team.

Pre-Season Fixtures

0oPxV01.png?1

These fixtures were used for fitness purposes as the team was lacking in that area a lot.I originally thought the win against Premier League side Arab Contractors was encouraging but we then went and lost to a third division side.Overall I'm fine with how things have gone and it looks like we could be in for a good season.

The Team

CdlU93R.png?1

Key Players

RNCz6er.png?1

br4hWrf.png?1

CRuYxz2.png?1

Z2QUBFb.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

To keep this short and sweet,I've been told that my aim is to win the title and promotion so that is what we will have to do,the media also seem to think we are favourites so the pressure is on us.I will also need to do well as I'm into the last year of my contract and what happens this season will affect that decision.The board also want the 5th round of the Egyptian Cup and that is also achievable as we managed that last season,with how strong the first XI is at the moment,we should be able to do this.I'm going to go this season at all guns blazing which hopefully leads to success as after two second place finishes,I feel that it is our turn!

Financial side of things,everything is terrible.We are £13.6k in the red and the chairman's status has fallen down to happy to stay which may mean that there could be a takeover in the future.The financial side is also the other reason I need the promotion,promotion will help increase the clubs rep which means we could get bigger sponsors in the future,promotion would also mean the club will attract more people to watch the games which will help a bit with the finances.I also need promotion as the premier league has paid places no matter where we come in the league which would also help massively at this moment in time.In other words I have no choice but to go for the title!

Edited by B.W.G

August 2021

Fixtures

JJL4cps.png?2

League Table

N7Kf8Ub.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We made the perfect start as we picked up maximum points from five games which is sensational.We easily won the games against Al-Hammam,Dayrout SC,El Baladeya and Alexandria Petrolium.In the game against Telephonat Beni Suef SC,we pulled off a miraculous win as we won 1-0 despite having 9 men,hell we even scored with 9 men!However,if there was VAR in these games then we wouldn't have won as they did have a goal wrongly disallowed as it was onside when they put the ball in the net.Off the pitch,my Chairman has been at it again as he has accepted an offer over my head again.at the moment the player hasn't agreed to move but I'm not holding my breath.

Five games in September as we kick the month off with a cup game before playing four league games.In the cup we face El Dakhleya,they are a Premier League side who are normally around the mid-table area so we can see how we will fare against someone who is of higher calibre than the teams fighting relegation.In the league we face Olympic Alexandria,Damanhour,Ghazl Kafr Al-Dawar and Pharco.My aim is to be still top come the end of September but I want us to beat Olympic Alexandria to give us a bit of an advantage as they could be a troublesome team to deal with again,

September 2021

Fixtures

JkLLI80.png?1

League Table

ZKQjy5F.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another perfect month as we progressed in the Egyptian Cup and won all four league games.Don't let the scoreline fool you but there is no way the 5-0 scoreline against El Dakhlleya was justified as it was an even game but even so it means we go through even if it was slightly harsh.In the league we picked up maximum points,Olympic Alexandria game was the toughest match as they usually are although scoring in the 48th minute both times despite being in different halves was freaky.The other teams didn't stand a chance really as they didn't have the quality Olympic Alexandria had.There was some bad news as Ayman Ibrahim (1st choice left winger) was ruled out for 2-3 months with a torn thigh muscle.

Three games in October,we face Ghazl El-Mahalla and Kafr El-Sheikh while we face Al-Hammam in the Egyptian Cup.Neither Ghazl El-Mahalla or Kafr El-Sheikh have done too badly so I can't underestimate them otherwise they could cause us trouble.As for Al-Hammam,we have already beat them in the league this season so I know where to aim for on the pitch and how to set things up tactically to take advantage of it so it will be up to the players to make sure we get the result.May aim is to be top of the league and progress in the cup.

October 2021

Fixtures

NExkmRc.png?1

League Table

MxmIgT3.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not the best of months as we won one and lost one in the league.In the game against Ghazl El-Mahalla,we threw the game as poor discipline cost us massively as we lost 2-1 after receiving 8 yellow cards and red card which we also blew a 1-0 lead,it was very disappointing.We performed slightly better against Kafr El-Sheikh but even then we were disappointing as we were 2-1 down at half time so I gave the players the hairdryer treatment,we performed better and eventually managed to win.Best performance was the cup game against Al-Hammam,a solid performance saw us run out 3-1 winners as we progressed to the 4th Round.

Three games in November as we play two in the league and one in the cup.First up in the league is our bogey team Abu Qir Fertilizers in which we hold a record of 1-0-3 against them,we also play Al-Hammam who we have a good record against and we have already beat them twice this season.In the cup we face Aswan,they are a second division side (group 1) in which they are not doing too badly as they sit in 6th so we will have to be at our best to beat them.My aim is to still be top of the league and progress in the cup,I don't think we can afford to drop too many points as it is quite a large chasing pack behind us and one bad game could end up being costly like last season!

November 2021

Fixtures

pIeEr4y.png?1

League Table

x1YyHFS.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Pretty much the same as last month,win one and lose one in the league while we win in the cup.Finally got one over Abu Qir Fertilizers and what a win it was as we destroyed them 6-2 but for every high,there is a low and we lost to Al-Hammam,it was a back and forth game but to lose to an injury time goal was sickening and it has left the top three really close at the halfway mark,ourselves and Olympic Alexandria are in the top three like last season while a former Premier League side rounds at the top three,serious case of deja vu!In the cup we easily disposed of Aswan as we moved onto the 5th round which means we have met expectations.

Three games in December as we play two in the league and one in the cup.The league games are against two struggling sides as we face Dayrout SC and National Bank of Egypt,we have to win these two games as it is too tight at the top and we need to stay in contention.In the 5th round of the Egyptian Cup,we face off against Premier League side Al-Gaish,they are a solid mid-table side but I am not too bothered by the match as we have met expectations so that keeps the board off my back for a while.My aim is to be top of the table when we hit the new year.

December 2021

Fixtures

h0lwxcr.png?1

League Table

wOSimV4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins in the league but that is what I expected as they are two of the worse teams in the league,there was a small positive to come out the month as Telephonat Beni Suef dropped points against Ghazl El-Mahalla which is always a good thing.Unfortunately Olympic Alexandria matched our victories with their own,I knew they were going to be annoyance but this is actually funny.Not overly disappointed with the cup exit as it was an even game and it did go into extra time,I did field a strong squad that is quite worrying but at the same time,we would have got a draw against a mid-table side if it was to league rules.

January brings us three games and one of those is extremely massive.The biggest of the three games is the first one of the month as we face Telephonat beni Suef,hopefully having home advantage helps us as we can put them further behind in the league.We also face El Baladeya and Alexandria Petroleum in the league,El Baladeya are a decent team and are sitting in the top half so we will have to be careful,Alexandria Petroleum are one of three teams on seven points so we should beat then quite comfortably.My aim is to be top of the table by the end of January.

4ZZhJJs.png?2

What a turnaround and it's a massive result in the title race,2-1 down at half time and we responded amazingly....think Ibrahim Ibrahim has mastered the art of scoring in injury time.

Edited by B.W.G

V83YE1K.png?1

I knew the chairman was willing to listen to offers but this is the first concrete thing I've seen about a takeover.Luckily as I don't buy players,it won't affect me in the transfer window,this has happened five days before deadline day :lol:

EDIT:

yHI9Qpt.png?1

Well that went well :rolleyes:

Edited by B.W.G

January 2022

Fixtures

UDyaBVH.png?1

League Table

zI7CUeD.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A fantastic month as we won all three games as we stayed at the top of the table but it's still close at the top between ourselves and Olympic Alexandria.We overturned at half time deficit against Telephonat Beni Suef FC which was brilliant,this was then followed a solid performance against El Baladeya.The 7-1 scoreline against Alexandria Petroleum was actually misleading,it was 3-1 when they were reduced to ten men in the 74th minute,we then went and scored four goals in 17 minutes which was a bit harsh on the opposition but makes my goal scoring look brilliant!Just eight games to go but hopefully we can keep going.

Two games in February,the first of these is a massive game against Olympic Alexandria,this is a must win game as it will give us a huge advantage at the top of the table,we are away from home so it will be tough but I'm positive we can get a result.The other match is a home fixture against Damanhour,this will be a case of attack vs defence as they are a better than me in defence but my attack can be quite scary at times.We are probably going to receive another takeover offer,hopefully we can get someone with funds to help our long term future.My aim for the month is to be top come the end of the month.

February 2022

Fixtures

N437TUV.png?1

League Table

37EEbtk.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

February saw us take a massive advantage in the league only for us to throw away the same advantage in the very next game.The game against Olympic Alexandria was a very tight affair in which one goal was enough to see claim victory which gave us a six point lead.The game against Damanhour saw us blow a lead,score a very late equalizer,rack up six yellow cards as well as finish the match with 9 men as we had two sent off.We should of done a lot better than what we actually did so it was disappointing to see our six point lead drop to four points.

Two games in March as we face Ghazl Kafr Al-Dawar and Pharco in the league.Both of these teams are in the lower half of the table so we need to win both of these games as we have six left to play so we need to better Olympic Alexandria's results.The game against Ghazl Kafr Al-Dawar will be a bit trickier as we have six players missing (5 suspended and 1 injured) but we should have enough depth to beat them.My aim is to be top of the table at the end of March.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - Youth Intake - 2021/22

The Candidates

3cPkx7b.png?1

The Hot Prospects

RNOGRI5.png?1

qCjjDme.png?1

SDg2wij.png?1

svRN8kL.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not as good as some of the players in recent years but if I can get the training right then I don't see why the majority of them won't be around the first team.Sheata is most likely to get game time from this batch as he is already regarded as the third best striker in the team.Rahman Abdel Aziz is a useful player as he can play many midfield roles to an accomplished level.As for Gamal and Ibrahim,they will be first trained to play in MC and AMR till they are at a accomplished level before I start delving into role training.It's good to see some high level potential players as it means we should be able to compete at a decent level in the future.

Edited by B.W.G

March 2022

Fixtures

nxauZHz.png?1

League Table

YpBrMgt.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Two wins from two was all I could ask for and we got it despite the disciplinary issues plaguing my team.A dominant win over Ghazl Kaft Al-Dawar was nothing short of fantastic as I was missing over half my team due to suspensions and injuries so the backup players stepped and made a claim for a place.A solid 2-0 win over Pharco then followed,this was another game where I was missing a large chunk of players as we were missing four (all suspended!).We have been helped massively this month as Olympic Alexandria dropped points against Al-Hammam (drew 0-0) and Dayrout SC (lost 1-0),this means we are within touching distance of the title.

April is a vital month as if we win both games then we are the Champions.In April we will face Ghazl El-Mahalla and Kafr El-Sheikh,Ghazl El-Mahalla will be an extremely tough game as they are chasing down second and third,they are also one of two teams to beat us this season in the leaugue.We should win against Kafr El-Sheikh as they have been struggling  down near the bottom of the table,hopefully game importance will play a part as they have nothing to play for while we are going for the title.My aim is to win at least one of the games.

April 2022

Fixtures

k2LIT6b.png?1

League Table

XhIQgyq.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We've actually gone and done it....we've won the title!!!!

For the first game,I can describe our performance as useless,wasteful,pathetic etc,Ghazl El-Mahalla fully deserved the win and that is all there is to it.We responded brilliantly as we beat Kafr El-Sheikh 6-2 and we only picked up two yellow cards,going have to work on long shots as that is how Kafr scored both goals.We wouldn't have won the title in April but Olympic Alexandria's hopes were ended by Telephonat Beni Suef as they lost 2-1,a 84th minute winner is what gave us the title.

The last two games are in May,we have home fixtures against Abu Qir Fertilizers and National Bank of Egypt.I don't need to worry about the results as we've won the title but I am curious to see the attendance figures,this is down to me wondering if winning the title will bring in any extra fans after clinching the title.Would love to finish the season on a high so I will be aiming for two wins.

May 2022

Fixtures

dqRgUI4.png?1

League Table

ENMr1eu.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up four points from the last two games of the season and my curiosity about higher attendances was confirmed as we set a new record of 972 (previous record was 909 against Ghazl El-Mahalla in January 2021).As for the games themselves,we had to deal with a bias ref in the game against Abu Qir Fertilizers Club as we made less fouls than they did but received three more yellow cards and even gained a red card,so to get a draw with ten men was impressive.We finished on a high as we thrashed National Bank of Egypt,this was a case of high morale vs low morale as they had been relegated in match day 25.Now the challenge truly starts as we will be in the Premier League next season.

End of season update to come then we will be moving onto playing with the big boys.With now being in the top flight,I will be adding Mexico leagues to the game to give it more depth to when I finally get there as well as see any changes as this will make for interesting challenge.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - End of Season - 2021/22

Season Review

TransfersReleased

Three players released,none of these players had a future at the club so they were released.Four out on loan,Kamal and Fahmy was for game time but they will be leaving when the contract expires as they are not good enough for the team.Yehia and Samir was to help develop them as both could be used as backups but whether they want to stay at the club remains to be seen.As for the two players sold,the chairman sold them over my head and he is abysmal at getting decent money for them!

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Egyptian 2nd Division Group 3 - Winners

4JbKvHl.png?1

After two consecutive second places,we finally did it and won the league!We ended up winning the league by nine points as Olympic Alexandria fell apart in the last two months of the season,at least it wasn't me this time!We set a new goals scored record but missed out on the points record.One positive thing about leaving this division,I won't have to play Abu Qir Fertilizers Club,they were a thorn in my side for all three seasons and I hope to never see them again!

Egyptian Cup - 5th Round

AqP0O1S.png?1

On the way to the fifth round,we beat Premier League (now former) side El-Dakhleya 5-0,beat Al-Hammam 3-1 in the third round and Aswan 4-1 in the fourth round.In the 5th round we faced Premier League side Al-Gaish,we lost 3-2 after extra time but it was encouraging to see us at 2-2 after 90 minutes,that encouragement went out of the window when I saw they finished 15th which is the lowest place outside of relegation....oh boy!

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

faGhANJ.png?1

Ahmed Sobhy

Ibrahim Ibrahim

Omar Gomaa

Manager's Thoughts

I am glad to have won the league and that I have gotten away from Abu Qir Fertilizers Club,as a reward I've been given a new one year deal which gives me a bit of relief and not only that I've been recognised as a favoured personnel!The club have already spoke to me about turning professional so that will happen in the near future as I agreed to it as it could benefit us more with finances as well as training as I'll be able to put the players on full time contracts which means a full time training schedule.Finances are still a bit iffy and the only reason we are not in the red is due to the £100k prize money for first place but the chairman is looking to leave and both sponsors are up at the end of the season so we may get a bit more money coming in.

As for the facilities,it's the same ol same ol as we can't do anything yet.We will be getting a new chairman in the near future and with new sponsorship deals,this could help lay a foundation to increase the facilities but to ensure this,we have to survive in the Premier League as the lowest survival place gives you £150k so two seasons in 15th will give us enough money for a upgrade.Exciting times ahead!

Season        League	    Position     Cup	  Continental	  TF	   YF          JC	   YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	     N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        462
2020/21   Second Division     2nd      Quarters      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        492
2021/22   Second Division     1st     5th Round      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        541

Edited by B.W.G

Ex-Youth Intake Watch

HRReZJj.png?1

The major things to note,Magdy is wanted by Premier League side Al-Gaish but if he does go then I won't be receiving much from the sell on fee.Hassan and Ibrahim were on loan to bottom half Premier League teams and looked capable so I wouldn't be surprised to see them play more for their clubs next season.

33q8edS.png?1

I knew we were going to turn pro,the extra staff part I thought was good until it turns out I can have two extra staff,one for the coaching department and one for the medical department.For these it will be a fitness coach and a sports scientist.Probably going to have to increase the club stature more to get more staff as I want to go into different training roles as that would be beneficial.

51hZpP6.png?1

This is just weird and out of the blue,I was offered a new contract in April (signed on the 1/4/22) which I accepted so in the space of just over 8 weeks on £400 p/w,I'm now on £600 with a new two year deal.

9C3QFi4.png?1

For the first time ever,my bank balance sit at over £100k (currently £124k),both of these are one year deals so if we survive in the Premier League then we may be in line for similar deals or possible better which means I could afford a upgrade to one of the facilities at the end of next season if we make a profit.

LUalBnk.png?1

I'll be able to speed up my plans,that is massive amount of money for a club of this size.With this I will be able to upgrade facilities at the end of the season!

Tb517uG.png?1

xK9UaZP.png?1

Thought I cheekily ask for an coaching upgrade,wasn't expecting them to say yes,let alone say yes twice.We're now at Fairly Basic Junior Coaching and Basic Youth Recruitment which is an upgrade from Minimal coaching and Limited recruitment!

We are also under a takeover bid but that is ongoing so this could be our current chairman gift from him!

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Pre-Season - 2022/23

Season Preview - Competition Expectations

Transfers - Released

Nothing to speak of yet regarding transfers or loans.Two or three players will be more than likely leaving on loan and players won't be sold over my head by the chairman due to improved finances.On the released side,one player retired and ten were released,the ten released was due to the entire team becoming quite bloated as I have a limit of 99 player,I still have 63 after releasing them.They weren't going to play and were not up to standard so they had to go even if some of them played quite a big part of us getting to the Premier League.

Pre-Season Fixtures

sNdND9D.png?1

Nothing too major as I played lower teams to help increase fitness and help morale stay high for the upcoming season as it could feel very long.

The Team and Key Players

Team 1 - Team 2

sjCRfHd.png?1

s4qG9cn.png?1

QqMcVBI.png?1

Z3gpjBo.png?1

Manager's thoughts

No pressure off the board as they want a mid-table finish whereas I was looking to survive but mid-table would be an excellent first step to solidifying ourselves as Premier League team.Things may be a bit slow to begin with as the players still need to develop to meet their potential.Nearly all of the players are now on full time contracts and will be doing full time training so that is helpful but it may be slower as the training facilities are still poor.We should be able to make money this season as attendances should be quite a bit higher,we don spend anything on transfers and we still have a good chunk of the wage budget available.If we do what we are supposed to then we should be able to start facility upgrades at the end of the season.

On the financial side of things,they are looking quite comfortable at the moment due to lower wages and better income.The club had a 2nd attempt at a takeover,another local businessman,that came and failed and we are awaiting a third attempt,hopefully this will be a consortium as that could be more beneficial for the club.We had our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment upgraded so it's no longer rated at the lowest category.I did ask for a training facilities upgrade,they actually agreed and in the planning stages which was surprising.Time to play with the big boys in our journey to the top!

Edited by B.W.G

July 2022

Fixtures

tQZiaVH.png?2

League Table

NCMV3hp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A injury time winner saw us get off to the perfect start in the Premier League,we should have won it before hand but we messed our chances up.Not often you win your only league game in July and you are sat 9th out of 18,surprising to see a round of fixtures with no draws!

Five games in August,four in the league and one in the Egyptian Cup.In the league we will face Petrojet,FC Masr,Arab Contractors and El Gouna,quite a mixed group of fixtures as we have one of the best teams in Arab Contractors,a top half team in Petrojet,a team similar to ourselves in the shape of El Gouna and one of the weakest teams in FC Masr,if we can get wins against FC Masr and El Gouna then I will be happy as I want to get to 45 points in the league as that should be a mid-table place.In the cup we face El Gouna,this means we face them twice in 5 days,my aim is six points and progress in the cup.

August 2022

Fixtures

jsCBno9.png?1

League Table

tD3eh58.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Over the moon with nine points and cup progression as I wasn't expecting to do that well.In the league,the most surprising result was against Petrojet as dare I say it,they were slightly the better team so to win 5-1 was a complete shock.Not surprised by the FC Masr game,I called them one of the weaker teams and I think they are somehow even worse than that!We had a good win against El Gouna,they are a team who will be around mid-table so it's good to see how we fare.As for the Arab Contractors game,we were lucky it was only 1-0,we have a long way to go to match the big four.In the cup,it was a tighter match than it was in the league so to win 3-1 against El Gouna was a brilliant result.

Three games in September,all of which come in the league.We face ENPPI,Al-Ahly and Haras El-Hodoud.ENPPI are under performing at the moment and Haras EL-Hodoud are doing well so both of these teams will be dangerous for different reason but we may be able to get a positive form of result against them.As for the Al-Ahly match,I'm already writing it off,I thought I was doing ridiculously well with scoring 17 but they have scored 19,what sort of a monster are they!?My aim is to stay round the top half going into October. 

September 2022

Fixtures

2fgc9QW.png?1

League Table

mJZAYz2.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

First thing to say is that I'm announcing my resignation from the title race,Ah-Ahly are a monster!As for the results,it was a mixed bag as we picked up one of each.The ENPPI game was one where there no flow as every time something would start to get going then the ref blew up for some reason or another,this was the case for both sides.The Ah-Ahly game was a miracle as we only lost 1-0,we did have a chance to equalize from the spot but that would have been completely undeserved,thankfully I only have to play them twice a season.The game against Haras El-Hadoud was a brilliant response to the last two games as we ran out 4-0 winners as we finished the month in fourth although it is a bit tight around us.

October brings us five games,four in the league and one cup game.In the league we will face Suez FC,Tanta,Al-Masry and Smouha.I'll be damned if we don't beat Suez FC and Tanta as they are terrible and I mean that for both of them.Al-Masry will be a very tricky match as they have the same points as us and have scored the same amount of goals as us so we will have to be at our best in defence to make sure they can't expose us.Smouha aren't a bad team but they aren't good either so I am expecting to beat them.As for the cup,we face third division side Negmet Sinai,if we don't win that then it will be an upset of massive proportions as they are a mid-table side.My aim for October is nine points and a cup progress.

October 2022

Fixtures

b0HcQf7.png?1

League Table

HteAEuN.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Ten points from four games was a brilliant return in the league this month.We picked up wins against Suez FC and Tanta in what can only be described as the easiest six points ever.The win against Smouha was quite surprising as I thought they would be more a fight but they were pretty lifeless throughout the match.As for the Al-Masry game,it took a late equalizer for us to get a point as a defensive error and a counter attack saw us drop two points.Easily through in the Egyptian Cup with a 5-0 win against Negmet Sinai,it easily could have been more.The main thing to note this month,Al-Ahly dropped points to FC Masr of all teams!

November is where it gets a bit more difficult as we have ran out of easy teams to face.In the league we face Al-Gaish,Wadi Degla and Zamalek.This quite a tough month as Zamalek are a really good team and have beaten us before.Wadi Degla will have something to prove as they are massively underachieving at the moment so they will be dangerous.This leaves Al-Gaish as the easiest team of the three,we faced them in the cup last season and lost in extra time to them.In the 4th Round of the Egyptian Cup we will face Abu Qir Fertilizers Club,even when I get away from them,I still end up facing them!My aim is to be around the top four area and progress in the cup when the end of November comes.

November 2022

Fixtures

JvEBKjl.png?1

League Table

DKWxSgE.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A very mixed month for league performances as we were lucky to even get a win as we picked up five points from twelve.The game we won was against Wadi Degla and we really should have lost it as we only managed five shots in the entire games so we really shouldn't have come out without anything.Picked up draws against Al-Gaish and Zamalek,we should have beat Al-Gaish but at the same time,we should have lost to Zamalek as our keeper ended up being man of the match.The loss against Pyramids was quite heavy but we weren't at the races so it was a fair result.In cup news,we beat Abu Qir Fertilizers Club 3-1 after extra time,my strikers had a bad day and we really should of had it wrapped up in normal time.Last thing to not is that a takeover was completed.

Four games in December,three in the league and one in the cup.In the league we face Masr El Makasa,Ismaily and Petrojet.Ismaily will be the toughest of the three games as they are currently in 7th but they are only 6 points behind us so it is pretty close.Masr El Makasa and Petrojet are pretty rubbish as they sat in 15th and 13th respectively so I should be able to win these games but with chasing a Confedertation Cup spot,we can't really afford to drop too far behind if we want that spot.We have been given a favourable cup draw as we will face Tanta,this is a good chance to progress and with Pyramid facing Zamalek,that will be one of the big boys gone.Aim for the month is to keep pace with Zamalek and Pyramids as well as progress in the cup.

Edited by B.W.G

December 2022

Fixtures

gZV8rYr.png?1

League Table

BHAbFMf.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Seven points in the league and progress in the cup gave us a very good month.Comfortable wins over Masr El Makasa and Ismaily were then followed up by the game against Petrojet which led me to going WTF more than once,we were 1-0 down,went 3-1 up ,go 4-3 down before finishing at 4-4,like I said WTF!!Other them that,it was a pretty even game.The 5th round Egyptian Cup tie against Tanta was a walk in the park,they are truly awful.

Four games in January as we face FC Masr,Arab Contractors,El Gouna and ENPPI,all of which come in the league.FC Masr are struggling in the league but this could lead to an intriguing tie as both teams are fighting for something.EL Gouna and ENPPI are mid-table sides who can cause problems,we've dropped points against ENPPI this season when we drew against them but we have home advantage this time around.I'm not holding my breath in the Arab Contractors game as they are a much better team then we are,they also won the reverse fixture and have home advantage this time around so it will be a very tough game this time around.My aim is seven points and I hope that will keep us in contention for a Confederation Cup spot.

January 2023

Fixtures

KafKpst.png?1

League Table

G6KSCtt.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A very pleasing month as we picked up nine points which keeps up in the fight for a top four spot.The games against El Gouna and ENPPI  were such easy wins,it was actually surprising to me.The game against Tanta saw a team who wasn't me for a change suffer from ill discipline as Tanta finished the game with nine men in what turned out to be a easier win than I originally anticipated.We lost to Arab Contractors and I'm not really bothered by it,we were outmatched and even with our sending off,we were already 3-1 down when reduced to ten men.Eleven games to go,time to keep the pressure up.

February sees us play two very weak teams in Tanta and Suez FC,one half decent team in Haras El-Hodoud and one team who I don't think I stand a chance against in Al-Ahly,this rounds up our February league games,my aim is seven points.We also play Pyramids in the Egyptian Cup Quarter-Final,no luck in the draw there as there were only two big teams left in Pyramids and Al-Ahly and I got Pyramids.As long as I'm in contention for the top four at the end of the month then I will be satisfied.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Youth Intake - 2022/23

The Candidates

ytyQYdU.png?1

The Hot Prospects

WNi5ijg.png?1

JzQ8x7q.png?1

b2Sv1XL.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not the best intake we've had but Fawzy will help add depth to the first team as he is rated as the second best defender so he will be with the first team from next season,will have to setup a training regime for his physicals as they are pretty rubbish,will also have to work on his vision as I tend to play with Ball playing DC's.El-Shahat coming through is more of annoyance as I now have 2 5* PA,2 4* PA and a 2.5* PA GK for one position.Ashraf is probably the most likely of all the strikers at the club to become 4th choice as the first three striker positions are locked.We also had a English/Egyptian player through,he will be kept as backup for now.He's probably come through due to me having English nationality.

Edited by B.W.G

February 2023

Fixtures

lsvhbIl.png?1

League Table

74G0tAF.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up nine points from twelve but we did exit the cup at the quarter finals so it was a mixed month in the end.We picked up easy wins against Tanta,Haras El-Hodoud and Suez FC,two are the worse teams in the league with the other being a decent side,so was surprised when we won 3-1 against Haras El-Hodoud as I thought they would perform better.No surprises in the Al-Ahly game as they battered us,I'll beat them in the league one day.The Pyramids game was disappointing as we lost 5-3 but we were always up against it as we were reduced to ten men after 26 minutes but we gave it all and that's all I can ask for.There has been a complication,4th place is a African Confederation Cup spot but depends on who wins the Egyptian Cup,we will have to rely on Al-Ahly to win the cup if we want continental competition!

Three games in March as we play Al-Masry,Al-Gaish and Smouha.The Al-Masry game will be the most difficult as they are one of the teams fighting for fourth with ourselves and Pyramids,can't really drop points to them again as we still have to face Pyramids in the league and I don't really want to give any of them an advantage.I'm hoping Al-Giash and Smouha have gone on holiday as they are safe but with nothing to play for which will hopefully give us a easier time.My aim is seven points,anything less could be very troublesome for us.

Edited by B.W.G