Shame...

After month's of waiting and the usual build up - it all seems a bit too complicated. With the numerous issues and bugs with the demo to the shambolic authentication process.

I can understand SI wanting to protect their asset - fair play, but surly in this day and age there was another way of doing this without effecting the people who have bought the game every year since its creation. Even before the fans are registering the game via Uniloc, STEAM or the toll free numbers, people are tearing their hair out trying to figure out the code on the back of the manual.

And even after that grueling process, for some the game is crashing after freezing at certain points in the game, to top that all off some people can not even access the game once they've downloaded the patch. And I'm sure these are just some of the problems.

What a shame, I'm bored already! And can safely say, after over a decade of buying this game, I won't be buying the game this year - it's all too much hassle. But, I wish SI all the best and hope they record those much desired sales figures with the DRM.

Just boxed the game back up, going back to GAME to get a refund.

And for all those who the game is working for - GREAT! But, let's not deny this has been the worst release day ever for SI and spare a thought for those who are having problems.

Complete ****-up!

I will buy the game tho, when the dust settles - in a few months!

I'm sorry for everyone that's having problems. I'm lucky for me its working perfectly. Maybe SI made a mistake with the more complex activation system. It's always hard getting complex things working in so many different settings.

Archived