Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gross_Ballon

is 38 Million worth 5000 seats ?

I think this is a massive mistake from my board at rangers. 

second season in I have a fantastic balance of 48 million. 

through selling players on who have been in form. 

Now its no secret we have had in real life some financial issues. 

Now in the game I asked for a stadium expansion due to fan demand. they quickly agreed. 

how ever the capacity is already 52,000 the board decided to increase the stadium to 57k is it really worth 38 million/ never seen anything like it before. wish i could take it back.

Untitledf.png

Edited by Gross_Ballon

I think somewhere at the club stats you can check your average ticket price, then just do the maths.

It will probably be a cost for you unless you stay Rangers manager for the next 10 years

38 million sounds like a lot for a 5000 seat extension. Did you get Frank Gehry to design it?

I had this with Spurs. Can’t remeber exact details but we just moved into the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, I asked for an increase straight away so we moved back to Wembley. 

Aomething like £50m for 7000 seats or so!

If your average ticket price is £35, you average 30 home games per season, and you sell out every game, it'd raise you £5.25m per year. Call it 5 because those numbers are a bit optimistic, and you're looking at 8 years to make your money back, after which it's straight profit. Very good business wise* if the fanbase is there, but maybe not great in FM terms if you don't play longterm saves!

*The reason I expect there's little talk of this in real life is because the place is dillapidated - pretty doubtful they'd get permission to expand it. Maybe something for the feature requests section that leagues could have a 'minimum stadium condition' and you'd have to pay to make that up to scratch before expanding?

10 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

If your average ticket price is £35, you average 30 home games per season, and you sell out every game, it'd raise you £5.25m per year. Call it 5 because those numbers are a bit optimistic, and you're looking at 8 years to make your money back, after which it's straight profit. Very good business wise* if the fanbase is there, but maybe not great in FM terms if you don't play longterm saves!

*The reason I expect there's little talk of this in real life is because the place is dillapidated - pretty doubtful they'd get permission to expand it. Maybe something for the feature requests section that leagues could have a 'minimum stadium condition' and you'd have to pay to make that up to scratch before expanding?

38m for that amount of seats would lead me to believe that is already the case, the improving the stadium condition part being a factor in the cost. Or a whole new stand has been built, which should amount to the same thing

tbf it's Ibrox, so it would entail demolishing a 15k stand to build a 20k one, unlike some stadia which have been designed to allow corners to be filled in or extra tiers to be added in future, or lower leagues where you build a 5.5k stand on an empty side of the ground.

Not exactly value for money though