Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tarrantino

Board salary restrictions

Anyone else finding the boards salary cap for individuals is costing top targets? I’ve tried for a couple of World Class established players for Manchester United, but I can’t go above £240k per week. I tried to ask the board for more money but I have plenty as I have rid myself of deadwood like Jones, Smalling, Young and Valencia. 

Have you tried to ask your board for more wage budget- if you have transfer budget left over, they may allow an adjustment.  They may also feel that your current limits are fair and wont budge.

8 hours ago, FrazT said:

Have you tried to ask your board for more wage budget- if you have transfer budget left over, they may allow an adjustment.  They may also feel that your current limits are fair and wont budge.

Yeah I asked and the board said I have more than enough. I have £166m in transfer budget, but they didn’t budge. 

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Sounds fair enough to me. They've been bitten by Alexis already!

Yeah I agree from a financial perspective it is right. I just didn’t know if anyone has experience of it moving. The board would like a big signing but you can’t follow that up with purchaisng Varane for example 

can you not get around this by changeing the slider to reduce transfer budget and increase salary budget?

Additionally is the game ensuring the club remain within the rules of FFP?

14 hours ago, MrPompey said:

can you not get around this by changeing the slider to reduce transfer budget and increase salary budget?

Additionally is the game ensuring the club remain within the rules of FFP?

No the slider will increase the wage budget not the individual allowance allowed. Can’t see it being an FFP I haven’t spent anything in January and have £160m transfer budget and £350m overall. When I get to the summer I’ll take another look. I’ll bin Sanchez that may free up the boards salary cap. 

OK. I know in the past I have a wage cap when offering a contract. I've then adjust transfer / wage funds and then restarted the contract negotiation (can't recall if I restored a previous save, then adjusted transfer/salary slider THEN performed the transfer negotiation and this worked

I seriously think this is a bug

I'm man city with amazing finances however i can't even go past 400k in wages for top players that ask for 450k or 500k

@Russell Hammant - Hi - Appreciating you may be busy on FM2020 is this something you can quickly comment on or offer some advice? Thanks

Yup, @Tarrantino if you can upload a save to the cloud I'll have a look in to this - the only thing I can think of is FFP/projections meaning your board think any wages over their cap will push you over the limits  - if you've got a save before you offer a contract to one of the players your trying to buy that would be perfect

Cheers

Russell

5 hours ago, Russell Hammant said:

Yup, @Tarrantino if you can upload a save to the cloud I'll have a look in to this - the only thing I can think of is FFP/projections meaning your board think any wages over their cap will push you over the limits  - if you've got a save before you offer a contract to one of the players your trying to buy that would be perfect

Cheers

Russell

Hi @Russell Hammant I have uploaded my file which is 15 days prior the end of the January transfer window. I was trying for Varane and managed a deal of £80m + Bailly. The file is called Paul Tarrant - Manchester United 2.

Cheers

Paul

42 minutes ago, Tarrantino said:

Hi @Russell Hammant I have uploaded my file which is 15 days prior the end of the January transfer window. I was trying for Varane and managed a deal of £80m + Bailly. The file is called Paul Tarrant - Manchester United 2.

Cheers

Paul

With asking the board for more money in general, it's behaving as I'd expect - the board set you an initial budget/spending and as a rule of thumb they won't go above that unless you're massively over achieving or had a really low budget initially (it also looks like they allocated you a bit more money at start of December for transfer budget, so they won't increase it again so soon after).

The sliders seem to be working for me, in the save you've uploaded you've got a budget of £166m and wage budget of £4.2m p/w (currently spending £3.95m p/w), so £250k p/w is the max I'd expect the board to allow you to offer (they allow £240k p/w as max)

Using the sliders (during Varane contract talks) I changed the wage budget to £4.6m p/w and was able to offer him the £350k p/w he wanted and the board were fine with that so I'd say give that a go, just don't reduce the transfer budget so much you can't then cover his agent fee and loyalty bonus as well!

Let me know if that works for you

Russell

8 minutes ago, Russell Hammant said:

With asking the board for more money in general, it's behaving as I'd expect - the board set you an initial budget/spending and as a rule of thumb they won't go above that unless you're massively over achieving or had a really low budget initially (it also looks like they allocated you a bit more money at start of December for transfer budget, so they won't increase it again so soon after).

The sliders seem to be working for me, in the save you've uploaded you've got a budget of £166m and wage budget of £4.2m p/w (currently spending £3.95m p/w), so £250k p/w is the max I'd expect the board to allow you to offer (they allow £240k p/w as max)

Using the sliders (during Varane contract talks) I changed the wage budget to £4.6m p/w and was able to offer him the £350k p/w he wanted and the board were fine with that so I'd say give that a go, just don't reduce the transfer budget so much you can't then cover his agent fee and loyalty bonus as well!

Let me know if that works for you

Russell

Ok I’ll give it a go cheers.