Play for set pieces

This sounds weird but I feel that whenever I set TI to play for set pieces,my players seem to predominantly shoot at the goalie to get a corner instead of shooting at the wide open goal. I've noticed it for quite a number of teams. Decent strikers seem to forget how to score from openplay and just smash it at the goalie. Not sure if it's the players who are dumb or it's me

I use this away from home with my Hemel Hempstead outfit. When you have the free-kick maestro Jordan Parkes in your team, it means any corners or free-kicks gained leads to goal scoring opportunities plus it breaks up the play, eats up time away from home and with a P8 W6 D2 L0 away from home record so far, it works :-) I play with a Pressing Forward in away games so any open play goals tend to come from the midfielders arriving late into the box.

• SI Staff

This instruction simply means that if the ball is running out of play for a corner or throw in, then your players will be more likely to let it go out so you can use the set piece. They may also look to gain cheap free kicks.

It has no impact in passing/shooting decisions, or the effectiveness itself of set pieces.

Archived