New!! 4123! West Ham Champions 1st Season!!! Spurs Quad 1st Season (104pts)

On 25/03/2019 at 19:40, afizzyuk said:

How about drop your DL? People who get success with tactics constantly tweak little things, not just download a tactic and play 38 games with the downloaded tactic. For example, Brighton I had Shane Duffy, accererlation of 8, I will not play with a very high line away .

which is your DL with Shane Duffy ? 

how about line engagement ? have to lower too ?

8 hours ago, edwardhck said:

which is your DL with Shane Duffy ? 

how about line engagement ? have to lower too ?

i'll just drop the DL down by 1...so instead of much higher line, i just have a higher line...i dont change line of engagement, i may leave more space for the opposition but you have a DM there to support the area infront of defence

Hi, I've downloaded both of these tactics and but they don't show up when I try to load or import them. (they are both saved in my FM2019 tactics folder). I also downloaded your  Burg tactics at the same time, they show up fine. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, ipswichjon2 said:

Hi, I've downloaded both of these tactics and but they don't show up when I try to load or import them. (they are both saved in my FM2019 tactics folder). I also downloaded your  Burg tactics at the same time, they show up fine. Any ideas?

Ignore me, I'm an idiot who dragged and dropped a folder inside a folder :rolleyes:

Could you expand on the training slightly please.

I have downloaded all the different training schedules but am unsure on how to use the effectively.

Should i just be rotating through the attack, defense, and technical each week or should i be using them a different way?

Great tactic really saved my season i look forward to seeing what applying the correct training methods will do

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:42, goku4 said:

Once again, you are talking about Atletico, Inter... try to play with Betis or Fiorentina, Atalanta etc... This is much more of a reference. I did not see any reference with a mid-table team except the tactic creator. The reason why many tactic creators achieve the best results is due to them manipulating the results. So imagine, you have a good run of like 15-20 unbeaten games and you feel like the tactic is something that will success with any team. so you want to upload it, but how to get the most attention? if you can demonstrate an unbeaten season or a championship without any transfers and with a lower classed team... I dont say that the tactic is completely bad, I see beautiful football often, but there is no way that you can achieve these kind of statistics in the very first season with west ham in the epl with this tactic! it has soooo many flaws and weaknesses... it would take the AI at most 10 games to notice these and then there begins the long balls and counter attacks... it is very imbalanced... after like 23 games had conceded 42 goals...

I used this tactic with Ibiza in la liga and finished 4th with probably one of the weakest teams in the league and no transfer budget

I'm using a tweaked version of this tactic with good results so far in season 2022/23 with A.S. Roma.

I have changed the RCM to Mezzala-Att and added the team instruction 'Work ball into box', as I was getting too many long shots. The performance of the whole team definitely improved after this tweak.

I have played 11 league games, winning all of them but 3, and in Champions League so far 4 played with 3 wins and 1 loss (with Arsenal away but it was an even game).

Also, I should mention that I am not using the training indicated on the opening post, simply because I can't seem to be able to load downloaded training schedules into the game.

Good job @afizzyuk

So a quick update - I was using the 442 Burg for a few seasons and managed to finish 5th - changed to Safe Hands and finished 4th with Ibiza with one of the weakest teams. Managed to get to the Europa League Semis but was knocked out by Arsenal over the two legs. I took a risk as switched to the Quick Hands and currently sitting 1st after two games, 2-4 W and 5-4 W. Got a tough Champions League group including Liverpool, Napoli and Dortmund. Will try and post some screenshots later

It's a good tactic, but stuff like below happens quite often. Dominate games, have loads of posession, loads more shots off and on target but the other team scores most of their on target shots. I've finished 2nd with Spurs two seasons in a row and won the FA Cup twice, but it just falls down occasionally like this and they end up costing in big league games and CL. 

I often have games where I get 20 shots on target and score 1-2 goals, really odd. Does it rely on players that have good long shots or something?

39aa3a2d196d65f6c5725ea8b753ca8b.jpg

1 hour ago, Glassy said:

It's a good tactic, but stuff like below happens quite often. Dominate games, have loads of posession, loads more shots off and on target but the other team scores most of their on target shots. I've finished 2nd with Spurs two seasons in a row and won the FA Cup twice, but it just falls down occasionally like this and they end up costing in big league games and CL. 

I often have games where I get 20 shots on target and score 1-2 goals, really odd. Does it rely on players that have good long shots or something?

39aa3a2d196d65f6c5725ea8b753ca8b.jpg

I feel so sorry that you experience Football Manager in that way. Lot's of users have complain about that (loads more shots off and on target but the other team scores most of their on target shots).

Apperantly something wrong with the game which FM Staff decline to accept that and say "it's your tactic" or "your quality player" if you have top class players.

3 hours ago, Cadoni said:

I feel so sorry that you experience Football Manager in that way. Lot's of users have complain about that (loads more shots off and on target but the other team scores most of their on target shots).

That's because they don't have a clue About Football. Neither the flawed one in-game, nor the real one. It's not the amount… which the AI gives a **** About. It's the Quality. And even if the devs would Code Deep defenses to collapse more easily by improving Forward movement, and Code the AI not to try to Play like Burnley did last term every week -- you'll still have Matches in which you don't win, as that's Football or Barcelona/PSg/Real Madrid would barely ever drop a Point. And unlike a lot of the tactics on offer here, these Teams actually still field a defense (gotta love the likes of TFFs 2 box 2 box midfielder 4-4-2 defenderless wonders etc), and may Change Things when stuff obviously isn't working in a specific match against specific Opposition. And despite all, they still enjoy horrible periods like Madrid first half last term, where the combined Forces of CR7, Benzema and Bale didn't hit a Barns door for 5 months in the league despite trying loads (CR7 alone 100 shots/4 Goals). 

If this sounds like a rant, it is. One Thing is for sure, the game Needs to absolutely hammer it out of people's heads that having moar shots was Managing or a sign of greatness or anything. Actually, against any AI focused on defending you'll have more by Default, as that's a byproduct of defensive Deep block Football, duh. I'd also take out the Nonsense you can do in-game. It's pointless arguing if Teams can be managed in a way that have no equal in actual Football -- by AI, unfortunately, too. This Thing has been going on for the past 15 years running, and it was as stupid back then as it is now. Tactics and match Management decisions are About spaces, not About shot volumes on a spreadsheet come the final whistle blown. It's also funny how every odd Point drop must be a bug, whilst somebody consistengtly storming the most unbalanced top leagues in the game with barely average sides etc never bats an eyelid, i.e. must be all fine and Dandy (which it usually isn't, both in Terms of AI intelligence and ME). 

4 hours ago, DiscoDave said:

I'm doing ok as Millwall with these tactics, but.....I cannot find a complete forward who is willing to play for us. Could the tactic be tweaked to use an advanced forward or something?

Regards....

Just play your striker as the CF, doesn't matter if the "circle" is red. The most important is the player instructions that the role gives

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve started a Leicester save using Safe Hands it’s going pretty well,took a 4-1 skelping off Arsenal tho 😬,still early days but been impressed. Looking forward to switching to Quick Hands once my squad improves 👍🏻

Any1 else still using these tactics? If so how you getting on?

Currently managing Mainz 05 in the Bundesliga, predicted to finish 13th.

Getting utterly demolished using Knap's Beowulf tactic (for unknown reasons, as in all other games i'm smashing with it).

Going to use this to hopefully save my season. Will edit accordingly with updates and results. 

For those asking (though I'm not sure), i'm assuming you rotate the different training schedules - or use them depending on your strength relative to the opposing team. I am about to play Bayern, so selected the defensive training schedule. Against Wolfsburg I will choose attacking.... etc. etc. Perhaps I should be just rotating them each week but... i'll just go with this for now. 

EDIT: 

A small sample, but serves as a reasonable indication of a change in fortune for my team. 

1734712532_tplWOel1.thumb.png.96115d262cb361d1aa51298d561d0759.png

748926789_vQjcxlm1.thumb.png.54b73332e96d8c52b78944832d7537db.png

Changes I made to the tactic to fit my team:

• Defensive Line shifted to Standard
  • Work ball into the box option selected
  • Passing Mixed
  • Mentality set to Balanced

Potential future changes:

• Passing changed to Shorter
  • Stop countering

Reasons for above changes:

• My first concern with the tactic was that I was being exploited with long balls and quick counters behind my defensive line. Though I still experience this in part, I feel the change has significantly reduced the number of times that my keeper is in a one on one situation. 
  • Working the ball into the box was due to having too many long shots that were just wasteful.
  • Mixed passing was to reduce the number of misplaced balls. 
  • Balanced mentality was to reduce exposure to teams that were much pacier and countering rather often.

• My tactical analysis seems to suggest that I score more when I'm in possession of the ball for anywhere between 40-70 seconds. It seems thus that retaining possession for my squad is more beneficial than rushing a counter with direct passing. Though the tactic uses an "extremely wide" attacking width, the transition from "very narrow" defending will perhaps allow for a shorter passing strategy, as players won't be huge distances from one another when transitioning between defending and attacking.
  • Though this perhaps flies in the face of the whole tactics strength, I may consider it if just to see how a slower build up play works

I must advise that I am awful at this game. So, these changes are like to be in facepalm territory. But... what's the point of playing if not to tweak incessantly. 

I’m not using the training provided I’ve just left it to my AM & it’s going really well.

Sitting 3rd in the league with Leicester only 2 points off top in February. Had some great results,very pleased with this so far.

The AML & CM(a) score majority of my goals,strikers in safe hands are useless 😂 

• 3 weeks later...

@afizzyuk Firstly, I just wanted to say that your tactics are stellar, well done.

Regarding training, would you say it's best to either set out using the standard training, or would it be better to change training based on opponents position in the table (Bottom = Attacking, Top = Defensive, Similar to you = Technical)? Also, do you have any preferences on individual training?

Regards.

Archived