Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
zlatanera

Clubs Producing Foreign Newgens

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So, I thought I'd start this thread where people could share clubs that regularly produce newgens of a different nationality to their home nation, as I figured it'd be useful in particular if you're doing a save where you only sign players of one nationality, or just an interesting curiousity. If there are more (and I think there are) then I'll update the list below. If I'm wrong, well this is a useless thread but at least it tells people who didn't know about Eupen.

 

- Albirex Niigata Singapore FC (Singapore) - Produce Japanese newgens

- Deportivo Sokol (Chile) - Produce Croatian newgens

- Duli Pengiran Muda Mahkota FC (Singapore) - Produce Bruneian newgens

- Edusport Academy (Scottish Lowland League) - Produce French newgens

- Eupen (Belgian Pro League A) - Produce Spanish newgens due to an affiliation with Barcelona B

- FC Midtjylland (Danish Superliga) - Produce Nigerian newgens due to an affiliation with FC Ebedei

- FC Nordsjælland (Danish Superliga) - Produce Ghanaian newgens due to an affiliation with RTD Academy

- FC Romania (English Isthmian League) - Produce Romanian newgens

- Olympique Lyonnais (French Ligue 1) - Produce SenegaleseTunisian and Veitnamese newgens due to affiliations with Dakar Sacré-Coeur, Club Africain and TP HCM respectively. 

Pérolas Negras (Brazil) produce Haitian newgens

- SC Freiburg (German Bundesliga) - Produce Japanese and American newgens due to affiliations with Utsunomiya Valentia and Vardar (USA)  respectively

- Somholo United (South Africa) - Produce Dutch newgens

Edited by zlatanera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FC Norjaellesland (Danish Superliga) - due to a partnership with a Ghanian academy, they can produce Ghanian regens. I got an absolute cracking Ghanian AMC who went straight into the first team on my save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edusport Academy in Scotland, although you need a custom database to make them playable.

The majority of the players they produce are French,  regardless of other factors like staff and affiliates. Even the greyed out players used to fill gaps in the squad are French, whereas every other club in the league have Scottish grey players, as you'd expect. 

I actually just joined so I could start a thread trying to find out the setting in the editor (if any) that makes this happen, as I'd like to add similar teams for other nations. 

Edusport 1st Team.PNG

Edusport U18's.PNG

Edusport Editor.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mirage67 said:

Edusport Academy in Scotland, although you need a custom database to make them playable.

The majority of the players they produce are French,  regardless of other factors like staff and affiliates. Even the greyed out players used to fill gaps in the squad are French, whereas every other club in the league have Scottish grey players, as you'd expect. 

I actually just joined so I could start a thread trying to find out the setting in the editor (if any) that makes this happen, as I'd like to add similar teams for other nations. 

Edusport 1st Team.PNG

Edusport U18's.PNG

Edusport Editor.PNG

Post that in the bugs forum to see if its a bug, as i believe the greys should ALWAYS be from the nation of the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another question.

Do anybody know how to get more african regens? 

I find it very difficult to find them - the only ones that appears are in european clubs, and then they have that country as a second nationality.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I produced a player from Niger in my PSG save, not sure if I have any links with any Nigerien clubs (not even sure there are any in the game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I’ll add Edusport to the list if you need a custom dB. This is more the ones that just anyone could find, but it’s certainly interesting!

@lblanc could just be a staff member. For example any non-English club I manage produces English newgens because I’m English, and then if I hired the best HoYD Bernhard Peters I’d get German ones too. That’s why I’m specifically focusing on affiliations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@zlatanera: Club Deportivo Sokol in the depths of Chile's lower divisions produces exclusively Croatian regens for some reason with no dual citizenship. It obviously screws you over if your league rules set a maximum of foreign players in the squad, but generally it  works itself out after a few years since your kids will likely pick up the passport by the time they're ready for first team football. I've looked at their FaceBook page, and aside from using a similar chequered shirt design as Croatia and despite my non-existent knowledge of Spanish, I don't think there's anything that links them to Croatia... Likewise, FC Romania in England also exclusively produces Romanian regens with no second passport.

There's also Albirex Niigata Singapore FC who produces Japanese regens with Singaporean passports. They're a satellite club of the original Albirex Niigata FC, which is based in Japan. Also in Singapore, Duli Pengiran Muda Mahkota FC produces Bruenian regens... due to actually being based in Brunei despite playing in the Singaporean championship. Both Albirex Niigata (S) and DPMM FC are ineligible for AFC competitions. Similarly, FC Vaduz and (some) other Liechtenstein clubs play in the Swiss league, but Liechtenstein only offers one Europa League slot, and I haven't seen any evidence that even winning the EL could see them qualify for the EL. Aside from that, Guido from the Strikerless blog also noted that Somhlolo United in South Africa produces Dutch regens, and made an article about it.

https://strikerless.com/2019/03/11/using-the-rules-to-your-advantage-somhlolo-united/

There's a few other clubs like that in the db, I just can't remember them. On a side note, Canada has the Serbian White Eagles, the Toronto Croatia and the FC Ukraine United... all of which produce Canadian regens. :lol:

 

Edited by BMNJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this also happens in FM, but brazilian club Pérolas Negras (not playable) has a lot of young haitian players, so they should produce haitian newgens in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2019 at 12:02, zlatanera said:

Not sure if I’ll add Edusport to the list if you need a custom dB. This is more the ones that just anyone could find, but it’s certainly interesting!

@lblanc could just be a staff member. For example any non-English club I manage produces English newgens because I’m English, and then if I hired the best HoYD Bernhard Peters I’d get German ones too. That’s why I’m specifically focusing on affiliations

Technically you don’t need a custom dB as even though they start in non playable league (lowlandleague) after the first season they could be promoted into the league above them (league2) which is playable! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've updated the opening post after this new activity, thanks for the suggestions guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone will need to check if this is still true but I am pretty sure that Ajax used produce South African regens due to their affiliation with Ajax Cape Town.

Totally speculative but that relationship may work both ways??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Saintmat according to the in-game description of the affiliation they just have a first-option agreement, not the "players come through the youth system" part, and my experience of Ajax saves backs that up. Its usually pretty easy to get Ajax CT youngsters on frees though as they can't offer particularly long contracts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Saintmat said:

Someone will need to check if this is still true but I am pretty sure that Ajax used produce South African regens due to their affiliation with Ajax Cape Town.

Totally speculative but that relationship may work both ways??

Works one-way only, in "favour" of the senior club. But then mos,t if not every club can work such an affiliation link, so I didn't think this was the goal of this thread and that's why I didn't suggest any team that has this kind of affiliation. For example, Bayern has a few links like this. I don't think it's a huge favour since if Guido is to be believed, the potential of these players are worked on their country of origin, and therefore means that those players need to be from a country with good youth rating. I find that sharing scouting knowledge and having the priority to sign players from said club is a better deal.

Edited by BMNJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's another small non-playable club in South Africa producing Dutch regens, I just can't remember the name...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BMNJohn said:

Works one-way only, in "favour" of the senior club. But then mos,t if not every club can work such an affiliation link, so I didn't think this was the goal of this thread and that's why I didn't suggest any team that has this kind of affiliation. For example, Bayern has a few links like this. I don't think it's a huge favour since if Guido is to be believed, the potential of these players are worked on their country of origin, and therefore means that those players need to be from a country with good youth rating. I find that sharing scouting knowledge and having the priority to sign players from said club is a better deal.

Yeah I might change it to only list the ones that produce newgens from highly rated nations - like Eupen’s Spaniards, Edusport’s French players or Somhlolo United’s Dutch newgens. 

2 hours ago, kandersson said:

There's another small non-playable club in South Africa producing Dutch regens, I just can't remember the name...

Somholo United. Because half of the commenters on this thread read strikerless haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Yeah I might change it to only list the ones that produce newgens from highly rated nations - like Eupen’s Spaniards, Edusport’s French players or Somhlolo United’s Dutch newgens. 

Somholo United. Because half of the commenters on this thread read strikerless haha

Yeah I mean another one other than Somholo United! I'm sure about this but I can't remember the name of the club...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bpecanha said:

I don't know if this also happens in FM, but brazilian club Pérolas Negras (not playable) has a lot of young haitian players, so they should produce haitian newgens in the game.

They do produce Haitian newgens in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

Yeah I might change it to only list the ones that produce newgens from highly rated nations - like Eupen’s Spaniards, Edusport’s French players or Somhlolo United’s Dutch newgens.

Nah, they're still fun teams. :lol: Just separate clubs who do because of an affiliation link (something that almost everybody can get) from those who do it "natively", and mention caveats like not being able to participate in continental coups like for the Singaporean teams.

Edited by BMNJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PMLF said:

They do produce Haitian newgens in the game.

Going on the list then!

1 hour ago, BMNJohn said:

Nah, they're still fun teams. :lol: Just separate clubs who do because of an affiliation link (something that almost everybody can get) from those who do it "natively", and mention caveats like not being able to participate in continental coups like for the Singaporean teams.

Yeah right from the start I specified if it was an affiliation. Something like the FC Ebedei-FC Midtjylland link is more long-standing than many, and therefore I feel more important than one you’d request. 

Should probably have a look at Man City’s affiliations, I know the presence of Txiki Begiristain means they can produce Basque newgens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you including SD Croatia Berlin and a few others that produce Croats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, robterrace said:

Are you including SD Croatia Berlin and a few others that produce Croats?

Sure, what are the others?

Are they only 1 division outside of the playable leagues i.e. could get promoted into a playable one soon in the game? Because that’s going to be my criteria I think, none of this custom dB stuff. 

@BMNJohn would any of those you mentioned fit this new criteria? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Sure, what are the others?

Are they only 1 division outside of the playable leagues i.e. could get promoted into a playable one soon in the game? Because that’s going to be my criteria I think, none of this custom dB stuff. 

@BMNJohn would any of those you mentioned fit this new criteria? 

For the most part, I don't think so. Vanilla FM doesn't have enough leagues or countries. Some clubs could potentially be promoted through time to playable leagues, but that's very wishful thinking considering how promotion works in unplayable league. Promotion in such leagues is based on Reputation with a little bit of randomness. To be honest, I think playing with additional user-made dbs is kinda part of the fun in such instances... granted they're of good quality and accuracy of course. As a side note, the further you get from England, the less accurate the official SI-made databases are, so sometimes in some countries there's not much difference between a good user file and SI's official version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMNJohn said:

For the most part, I don't think so. Vanilla FM doesn't have enough leagues or countries. Some clubs could potentially be promoted through time to playable leagues, but that's very wishful thinking considering how promotion works in unplayable league. Promotion in such leagues is based on Reputation with a little bit of randomness. To be honest, I think playing with additional user-made dbs is kinda part of the fun in such instances... granted they're of good quality and accuracy of course. As a side note, the further you get from England, the less accurate the official SI-made databases are, so sometimes in some countries there's not much difference between a good user file and SI's official version.

Yeah I see your point about the fun aspect. I’m going to have a little think about what sort of list I’m making, cause people can always just read the thread too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Speaking of clubs that play in a foreign league, there's a couple of Welsh clubs that play in the English system, like Swansea. Technically their Welsh regens would be foreign to England in footballing terms.

 

Edited by BMNJohn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Olivierlandman said:

Oslo City ?

What nationality do they produce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

What nationality do they produce?

African regens 

Quote

Oslo City FC is a sports club in Oslo, which was founded in 1987. The club has a football team who plays in the Third Division, after being relegated from the Second Division in 2010 when they finished 14th and last in its group. The club has also received some media attention because of its special style of play and his team have a great deal players with multi-cultural background[citation needed].

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...