PLEASE HELP - Transfer/Registration Issue

Can someone please help me with this transfer/registration issue?

So as a Serie A club the rules state my “squad must have no more than 2 non-EU players signed from abroad per season.” I signed a free agent player on January 1 from Peru who I do not intend to register. He is U-22, so he would not need to be registered anyway, but I do not intend to have him take up one of my two slots, as I plan to loan him out immediately upon his arrival. As he is not being registered in the squad he should not take up a spot.

I want to use my last non-EU slot on another player in the January window, however when the free agent arrives, he takes that 2nd spot, even though he's not registered in the squad! Loaning him out does not undo this. If I sign a non-EU player from abroad but arrange for him to stay at his club on loan he is not counted, so why should this player, when essentially it is the same thing?

Perhaps more frustratingly, I can't figure out how to work around this issue. If I sign another non-EU player from abroad and actually want to register him in the squad I can't seem to use the editor to fix this - he's ineligible no matter what. Also, if I were to add an EU nationality to register him, there doesn't seem to be a way to use the editor to remove it later to preserve the data integrity. Am I missing something here? Furthermore, if all else fails, there doesn't seem to be a way to use the editor to cancel the pre-arranged free transfer before it goes through (I'd rather sacrifice this young free agent than a potential first team signing).

What can I do here..? Is this a bug? What's the point of the editor if you can only use it to cheat in weird ways and not to actually fix problems like this that ruin the realism of your save?

It doesn't matter if you intend to register a player or not, the Italian rule is signings. Therefore, as the free agent was signed before the other non-EU player, the free agent takes the non-EU player slot. It's working how the Italian rules work in real life, from what I've been able to find

As for the limit applying to transferring not registering, this is what I used to think, but then I signed a non-EU player from abroad in a past save after already reaching my limit. I had him stay at his club on loan, and was told on these forums that that is what allowed the deal to go through because he never actually reached my squad. The misleading wording in-game, then, seemed to back that up.

So if I was given incorrect info, how do I use the editor to fix my problem? I have a save from the day before the free agent arrives. Can I cancel the deal somehow? I really don't understand how you can do so many absurd things with the editor but not edit the actual stuff that matters, like in these scenarios...

39 minuti fa, Weston ha scritto:

As for the limit applying to transferring not registering, this is what I used to think, but then I signed a non-EU player from abroad in a past save after already reaching my limit. I had him stay at his club on loan, and was told on these forums that that is what allowed the deal to go through because he never actually reached my squad. The misleading wording in-game, then, seemed to back that up.

So if I was given incorrect info, how do I use the editor to fix my problem? I have a save from the day before the free agent arrives. Can I cancel the deal somehow? I really don't understand how you can do so many absurd things with the editor but not edit the actual stuff that matters, like in these scenarios...

I often solve this problem loaning the unregistered player to another italian team who has space for Non-EU. That way they register the player for you, and when he comes back he's "cleansed"

1 hour ago, Raymond85 said:

I often solve this problem loaning the unregistered player to another italian team who has space for Non-EU. That way they register the player for you, and when he comes back he's "cleansed"

But that wouldn't undo the game thinking that I've filled the final transfer spot by signing him in the first place, would it?

In questo momento, Weston ha scritto:

But that wouldn't undo the game thinking that I've filled the final transfer spot by signing him in the first place, would it?

no, but it will work with whoever you sign next. There is nothing you can do to change that, but this is a compromise solution. As long as the new unregistered signing wants to go on loan and you find an italian interested club.

2 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

no, but it will work with whoever you sign next. There is nothing you can do to change that, but this is a compromise solution. As long as the new unregistered signing wants to go on loan and you find an italian interested club.

I'm confused, what difference does that make? 

10 minuti fa, Weston ha scritto:

I'm confused, what difference does that make? 

it lets another team register the player in your place, taking up their registration space. Teams do this in real life, and i'm glad it works on fm too. I just did it with a serbian center back, unregistered in my squad, loaned him to Torino, and he is eligible now

1 hour ago, Raymond85 said:

it lets another team register the player in your place, taking up their registration space. Teams do this in real life, and i'm glad it works on fm too. I just did it with a serbian center back, unregistered in my squad, loaned him to Torino, and he is eligible now

But I would still have to register him in my squad if I want him to play when he comes back from loan, and I still wouldn't be able to sign another non-EU player from abroad in his place. I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding what you mean...

Are you saying that by loaning him out he doesn't count towards the number of non-EU players you have on June 30 when the amount you're able to sign next season is determined? What does the loan location being in Italy have to do with that?

2 minuti fa, Weston ha scritto:

But I would still have to register him in my squad if I want him to play when he comes back from loan, and I still wouldn't be able to sign another non-EU player from abroad in his place. I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding what you mean...

Are you saying that by loaning him out he doesn't count towards the number of non-EU players you have on June 30 when the amount you're able to sign next season is determined? What does the loan location being in Italy have to do with that?

If you loan him out, his registration will be made from the other serie A team, so when he comes back he will be just as if you bought him from that team. Buying non-eu players within italy is not subject to further registration. Only when you get them from abroad. So he will count towards the other team's quota, not yours.

1 minute ago, Raymond85 said:

If you loan him out, his registration will be made from the other serie A team, so when he comes back he will be just as if you bought him from that team. Buying non-eu players within italy is not subject to further registration. Only when you get them from abroad. So he will count towards the other team's quota, not yours.

Bringing a player back from loan never counts towards the number of signings you're allowed to make because you're not signing him you're bringing him back on loan. And we already determined that it's signings that are counted, not registrations. Right?

Here is the thread from FM18 where I signed a player outside my allotted transfer limit and the deal went through, I just wasn't able to register him. I've positioned the link on the specific comment that told me this is how it works, though now it is the opposite. Can someone please explain this discrepancy?

@JordanMillward_1 @Bothan Spy @cris182 @Raymond85

12 minuti fa, Weston ha scritto:

Here is the thread from FM18 where I signed a player outside my allotted transfer limit and the deal went through, I just wasn't able to register him. I've positioned the link on the specific comment that told me this is how it works, though now it is the opposite. Can someone please explain this discrepancy?

It's max 1 (eventually 2 if you free up a slot selling abroad one of your 2 non-eu) SIGNIGNS.

The word "registration" is ambigous, it doesn't refer to the seria A registration, but it means to register a new non eu player SIGNED from abroad to be eligible to play for your team in any competition, friendlies included. It can be misleading. But once you get it it's real simple. And i think since fm18 SI made a great job (at last) with italian rules, and being able to loan in italy using another team's slot.

The only problem is when you cannot loan, and the player stays in your squad, he doesn't realize you can't play him, or register him for any competition and moans about this. This is the only bug i found.

21 hours ago, Weston said:

I think you're allowed an extra non-EU signing, if you didn't have any when the season starts, if that makes sense.

So if the season starts and you've zero non-EU players, then you'll be able to sign three over the course of two windows. If the season starts and you have non-EU players in your squad, then you'll only be able to sign two.

Dont know if that helps or not, it seems to be a bit of a hidden rule as most clubs will have a non-EU player at the start of a season.

Archived