Sports Interactive Community

I received my transfer budget for the forthcoming season.

215992022_Screenshot_20190321-2209342.thumb.png.a5628207cd2f25b8264d4a6211e7bf9f.png

£183M!! 

This is too excessive. Particularly for a club like Lazio.

I'll have to agree with Dean on this one. 

Including the high transfer budgets, the board is also way too generous with facility upgrades IMO. 

I'm usually able to get one or two(sometimes even 3!) upgrades a season. This leads to me maxing out facilities far too easily. 

Does rather depend on which season and what happened before then. If he's just sold Milinkovic Savic, the least the board can do is give him the money back...

The one area where they're definitely not generous is coaching badges. I've had the board refuse the few hundred quid due to the "club's financial situation" when I've got a wage bill in the millions, they upgraded other stuff earlier in the season and I'm due £15m when the TV money comes in at the end of the season...

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Lillywhite Dean:

I received my transfer budget for the forthcoming season.

215992022_Screenshot_20190321-2209342.thumb.png.a5628207cd2f25b8264d4a6211e7bf9f.png

£183M!! 

This is too excessive. Particularly for a club like Lazio.

That's quite a lot! 

But out of curiousity - what's the story behind this? how many seasons have you played in this save, how many titles won? Big transfer income lately? 

14 minutes ago, NickThomas said:

You don’t “have” to spend it you know ;) 

Set your own restriction on what you think is acceptable and go from there.

But I can almost see it burn in Deans pocket. It's like being a kid in a candy store :D

1 hour ago, NickThomas said:

You don’t “have” to spend it you know ;) 

Set your own restriction on what you think is acceptable and go from there.

And I don't "have" to play my best striker up front. I could play him goal.

(ok, ok that was a tad flippant admittedly)

Just now, Lillywhite Dean said:

And I don't "have" to play my best striker up front. I could play him goal.

This is exactly the point I’m trying to make :) 

This game is as non linear as they come, and it should remain that way. Just because they’ve given you a transfer budget of £180m or whatever it was it doesn’t mean you have to spend it, same goes for your striker. Just because his position states striker, doesn’t mean he won’t do a job for you elsewhere 😛 obviously not in goal but you know what I mean

2 hours ago, Harri Frisch said:

That's quite a lot! 

But out of curiousity - what's the story behind this? how many seasons have you played in this save, how many titles won? Big transfer income lately? 

This is my fourth season. I won the Serie A title, The Champions League, the Coppa Italia, and the Supercoppa Italia.

So I had quite a successful season.

But still… £183M. That is a lot of money. I’m also in the process of selling a couple of average players which will bring in around £25-30M. How many clubs can claim to have a £200M transfer budget? I don’t think even the likes of Barca, Real or Clubs owned by billionaires can claim that kind of budget.

And the issue I now have is that having won so many trophies last season, with a squad that is capable of doing it all again, the game is only going to get easier for me. My only option is to quit Lazio and attempt to do it all again with another club. This would make the game more interesting if this came in the form of job offers from other clubs. But no one ever approaches me.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

Here's a challenge:

Spend most of the 200 million as good as you can. Improve the squad as much as possible.

Resign and get a job with another Italian club.

Try to dethrone Lazio. :) 

Another challenge:

Let me create your tactic :lol:

Edited by Footix

2 minutes ago, Footix said:

Here's a challenge:

Spend most of the 200 million as good as you can. Improve the squad as much as possible.

Another challenge:

Footix, absolutely love that idea :applause:, certainly bring a challenge and a big motivation to attempt to better Lazio * or set team * !

18 minutes ago, Footix said:

Here's a challenge:

Another challenge:

Not a bad idea that. Especially if I took over Lazio's arch rivals, Roma.

There is one minor issue with this though. I reckon if I were to resign from Lazio, whoever takes over from me would not maintain the level of success that I brought to the club. Lazio would revert back to a top four club and it would be the likes of Juventus or Napoli who return to the top of league. 

So it wouldn't just be me dethroning Lazio. It would be the usual suspects as well.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

I would make a challenge of only using youth intakes. Scrap all that high valued garbage and go full kiddy style :)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Lillywhite Dean:

This is my fourth season. I won the Serie A title, The Champions League, the Coppa Italia, and the Supercoppa Italia.

So I had quite a successful season.

But still… £183M. That is a lot of money.

Oh okay, agreed - this is a huge budget after such a relatively short time even though you've had a few fruitful seasons. 

I was just curious because if you would have been that mega successful dominating italy and europe for idk maybe 10 years (or more) in a row then i'd say it's somehow more reasonable.

What would be really good, to take @Footixidea further, is for one of the other Italian giants to try and entice me away from Lazio and replicate what I have done there with the new club. 

In my game, Juventus has fallen by the wayside a bit and both Milan clubs are there or thereabouts. It would quite fun to have one of those clubs approach me and say "Here's X amount of money, make us bigger than Lazio".

4 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

There is one minor issue with this though. I reckon if I were to resign from Lazio, whoever takes over from me would not maintain the level of success that I brought to the club.

Well, although the new AI manager won't have your managerial skills, if you set him up with a superb squad (reigning champions + near 200 million worth of additions) I'd assume he would give you a decent challenge at least for a few seasons.