Sports Interactive Community
Rasmussk

Players on international duty in CL final!

Im FC Copenhagen a small club, ive worked hard to fight in Europe and conquer europe, and finally in year 2023 i qualify for the CL final against liverpool, and im thrilled, but then it turns out, 13 of my players are on international duty in Euro Cup Qualification, and NOT PLAYING A CL FINAL, its a absolute joke and ruins the game as a whole, in real life, those players would not play qualifiers for Euro Cup, they would play the CL final, and there is nothing i can do. This is the worst experience ive har with FM ever, can anyone give som advice or help in some way? This is very ruining for the game as a whole and im fuming :(

2.png

Edited by Rasmussk

With the following players, Vavro, Zagadou, Trincao, Djerlek, Jovelijc, Tonali, Skov, Almendra, Pellegri, McKendrie, Almada(Beast) and other players. Got most of them for peanuts, a fluid 4-4-2, beat both Real and Barca before reaching the final, and all this for nothing, my reserve came up 2-0 against Liverpool in the final but lost 3-2, several players playing out of position. My most expensive player was Dolberg for 9m£ and sold him the season after because of low performances. 

Edited by Rasmussk

8 hours ago, Rasmussk said:

The Latest.

Since this is an issue that has appeared from time to time in several game versions, please, please upload a save to the bugs forum from just before the final and let the developers have a look at what is causing this.

On 22/03/2019 at 06:40, FrazT said:

Since this is an issue that has appeared from time to time in several game versions, please, please upload a save to the bugs forum from just before the final and let the developers have a look at what is causing this.

How do you do this???????? 

On 21/03/2019 at 16:07, Rasmussk said:

Sou o FC Copenhague, um clube pequeno, trabalhei duro para lutar na Europa e conquistar a Europa e, finalmente, no ano 2023 eu me classifico para a final do CL contra o Liverpool, e estou emocionado, mas acontece que 13 dos meus jogadores estão em serviço internacional na Euro Cup Qualification, e NOT PLAY A A CL FINAL, é uma piada absoluta e arruina o jogo como um todo. Na vida real, esses jogadores não jogariam qualificativos para a Euro Cup, jogariam a final do CL e não há nada que eu pode fazer. Esta é a pior experiência que já tive com a FM, alguém pode dar algum conselho ou ajudar de alguma forma? Isso é muito arruinado para o jogo como um todo e estou irritado:(

2.png

It happened to me and I had to find a way to get these players out, with editor..

I've had more than 60 players on international duty during 2 UEFA Super Cup finals.  That included EVERYONE in my first team except one experienced player who had retired from international football, and everyone half decent in the the U23s and U19s (+ obviously several loaned-out players). So we had to play a bunch of u23's and U18's who were not good enough to be U21 or U19 internationals. The funny part of it is though that we still won both times... :lol: 

On 21/03/2019 at 23:09, Rasmussk said:

With the following players, Vavro, Zagadou, Trincao, Djerlek, Jovelijc, Tonali, Skov, Almendra, Pellegri, McKendrie, Almada(Beast) and other players. 

That's an impressive team for Copenhagen, how on Earth did you manage to get (and keep happy) Pellegri in particular? On my saves he always goes to Man City for 140 million or so. 

9 hours ago, laurentius82 said:

I've had more than 60 players on international duty during 2 UEFA Super Cup finals.  That included EVERYONE in my first team except one experienced player who had retired from international football, and everyone half decent in the the U23s and U19s (+ obviously several loaned-out players). So we had to play a bunch of u23's and U18's who were not good enough to be U21 or U19 internationals. The funny part of it is though that we still won both times... :lol: 

Just had my second experience of this issue in the Super Cup final in 2022.  It is pretty disheartening to be picking a 16 year old youth keeper, who has never played for any of my teams for such a game and laughingly being told that I can pick 12 subs!  If only I had brought my boots with me!  Score over the  2 years is one win one loss- Arsenal's reserves were better than mine.

I have experienced 24 players on international duty for Super Cup game and no option to postpone as well as 17 players being on international duty for a Premier League game. Having duly reported these issues SI eventually advised that the Super Cup issue was fixed in update 19.3.

It was great to hear that it is fixed but there was the "usual" catch - ONLY if you start a new game. I focus on one long career save each year and have invested over 450 hours game time on my current save. Starting a new game and binning time invested so far is not really a suitable option for players like me to obtain the benefits of fixes to issues like this.

Please can SI explore ways of making more fixes compatible with existing saved games - such issues are very frustrating. I would happily forego some of the "new features" in the next game release if the time saved on developing and implementing these was invested on making more fixes save game compatible. Hopefully SI will take this onboard.....(no feedback when I have raised this previously....fingers crossed...)

Edited by mhaffy

Obviously I can sympathise completely, but I suspect that coding to stop this happening is considered a rule change and like all major rule changes, this does require a new save.

13 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Obviously I can sympathise completely, but I suspect that coding to stop this happening is considered a rule change and like all major rule changes, this does require a new save.

That is a great pity.Issues like this are so frustrating when you invest considerable time into a particular save. I would hope that they explore ways to make more issues save game compatible rather than adopting a "coding can't be changed" approach though...Proper fixes to issues like this would be of far more benefit than lots of the more "cosmetic" new features that are rolled out.....

On 07/09/2019 at 00:59, mhaffy said:

It was great to hear that it is fixed but there was the "usual" catch - ONLY if you start a new game. I focus on one long career save each year and have invested over 450 hours game time on my current save. Starting a new game and binning time invested so far is not really a suitable option for players like me to obtain the benefits of fixes to issues like this.

Please can SI explore ways of making more fixes compatible with existing saved games - such issues are very frustrating. I would happily forego some of the "new features" in the next game release if the time saved on developing and implementing these was invested on making more fixes save game compatible. Hopefully SI will take this onboard.....(no feedback when I have raised this previously....fingers crossed...)

I fully agree with this, I've been playing FM/CM since the CM days and have never had more than one save per game. I start playing from the bottom and keep going until a new FM comes out (or I get bored), then start all over again with the new game.

I’ve just experienced this problem myself. 2023 Swansea city into their first ever champions league final and half the first team is out plus subs. I think this will now be my complete retirement from the game. It’s been emotional. 

3F624C19-3D44-42BC-97E8-47F4C8409D4F.jpeg