Changing size and transparency

Solgod

Hi, I'm a noob so be gentle. I tried asking this on sortitoutsi forums but got no response so thought I'd try the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Apologies if anybody else has asked about this.I have trawled many forums for a solution but I'm not really sure how to word it, so here goes...
Is it possible to edit the match title bar, where the score and match timeline is positioned at the top? I'm finding it a real distraction when watching a game when there's a hefty great bar across the top of it the screen, I can't see half the pitch! Can it be made much thinner in height, or at least have the Pitch Tactics etc section transparent to make it more unobtrusive? I miss fm 17's autohide which opened the viewing angle right up.It's making me not want to continue. I'm currently using Rensie's skin which is superb, btw.

Any advice would be helpful, it's killing the game for me. Thanks.

Its bloody annoying and I asked in the bugs section and they said they wont change it . I tried to put in a Auto-hide button like in FM17 but could not get it to work . You can make it transparent though

If you mean the titlebar then you''ll need to edit the contents of the graphics\boxes\custom\match\titlebar\ folder extracted from the sitoolkit fmf file (then found inside the fm-widgets skin).

Edit the graphic to make it more transparent, and in the xml file change the red_replacement value to point to a different colour.

You'll need to edit the various font settings linked from the match title bar xml file found in the panels/match folder extracted from the skins fmf file (the file is then inside the fm skin) - you'll need to edit the various colour bits to point to a darker colour or edit the RGB values of those colours from the settings file.

2 hours ago, Solgod said:

Thanks for your reply, I was starting to think I was alone in this. To access the .xml and .fmf files am I going to have to use the Archiver Resourcer?!!  *runs and hides behind sofa*

yes 

Archived