Clubs Union Foundation

Whiplash

I guess it is relatively uncommon in Europe, but some leagues (Turkey for example, see 'Klupler Birligi') have strong unions for clubs, and these unions pressure the decision makers (football associations)  about rules of the leagues, e.g. home grown/foreign player restrictions, referee/VAR decisions, TV and match schedules. The presidents are typically selected from club presidents. This would be a really nice touch in future games, in case if it's also applicable in other leagues.  

This also exists in Portuguese football so here it might also be applicable ... But how will they play an active role in the game ? What would be they be doing ? 

Any idea on this ... Because honestly I don't see them as that much of a value add, because what they do or their decisions are incorporated in the leagues rules anyhow ... 

• Administrators

Do you have any suggestion as to what kind of purpose do these Club Union Foundations have within Football Manager? Or are they purely just another data that you want in the database?

• 2 weeks later...
Em 18/03/2019 em 07:47, Peterzinho disse:

This also exists in Portuguese football so here it might also be applicable ... But how will they play an active role in the game ? What would be they be doing ? 

Any idea on this ... Because honestly I don't see them as that much of a value add, because what they do or their decisions are incorporated in the leagues rules anyhow ... 

I dunno if I got the idea, but I remembered two cases in Brazil:

- Clube dos 13 (Club of the 13), the name was because it unites the most popular teams in Brazil, where the club presidents do reunions to define some things, mainly the TV money division. With the new way of sharing the TV Money (with a direct negotiation TV-Club) the "Clube" was losing the sense.

- Primeira Liga: Some clubes unsatisfied with the Brazilian Football Federation formed a group and created an own league to pressure changes in the year calendar. In the beginning the idea was great but with the next edition the league got a chancellery  by CBF, that makes it nonsense and losing the club political power. Still can be played in FM.

Archived