Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Troels Jensen

Soo .. what the heck happened?

5 hours ago, Nacaw said:

Results mean absolutely nothing when you've already proven you'll reload games. Anyone can get those results with Real Madrid in that scenario, posting them as "proof" something works is quite hilarious.

Play FM the way you want :) But don't come here saying you'll quit because you had one bad result with a broken tactic, then spend every post defending the abomination. 

I don't reload when I start playing "for real". With all the changes to each game, I won't start a serious game until I've figured out how the new ME works. The changes to the ME in 19.3.3 were pretty substantial compared to 19.2.3, which is the reason I reloaded once. Once. Get over it. And as stated in the beginning of the thread, this tactic was an attempt to do something else. It worked. Then it didn't. Now it works again. I think this dead horse has been beaten enough.

On 16/03/2019 at 19:02, Troels Jensen said:

schedule.jpg

Well, since the result against Valencia here is now 2-3 in your favour, rather than 8-0, I have to take what you say with a pinch of salt. If you have replayed one game to get a win, how many times have you done it for the others? Unfortunately, the single point will make many people extremely sceptical of you.

I actually think your formation could be alright. I frequently have attacking phases and attack-to-defense transitions where I only have 2 CBs in my own half. We get caught out sometimes, and I back off when playing better sides. If you have good enough CBs, there is no reason it cannot work.

Likewise, the tactic is extremely unbalanced, and not just for the reason of being vulnerable to counter attacks. Any team that floods the midfield would cause problems. Teams with two strikes and an attacking midfield will cause problems. I could go on. Ultimately, it does not matter nor should it be personal. You have a philosophy for playing, and you are clearly happy with it. I have a different one, and equally I am happy with it. Everyone has their own view. There is no wrong or right way to play the game. There are always going to be flaws in the way any particular person plays, and it is okay for others to point that out. Especially if you are going to post a tactic on this forum. It is pretty much asking for people to critique it for you.

3 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Well, since the result against Valencia here is now 2-3 in your favour, rather than 8-0, I have to take what you say with a pinch of salt. If you have replayed one game to get a win, how many times have you done it for the others? Unfortunately, the single point will make many people extremely sceptical of you.

I actually think your formation could be alright. I frequently have attacking phases and attack-to-defense transitions where I only have 2 CBs in my own half. We get caught out sometimes, and I back off when playing better sides. If you have good enough CBs, there is no reason it cannot work.

Likewise, the tactic is extremely unbalanced, and not just for the reason of being vulnerable to counter attacks. Any team that floods the midfield would cause problems. Teams with two strikes and an attacking midfield will cause problems. I could go on. Ultimately, it does not matter nor should it be personal. You have a philosophy for playing, and you are clearly happy with it. I have a different one, and equally I am happy with it. Everyone has their own view. There is no wrong or right way to play the game. There are always going to be flaws in the way any particular person plays, and it is okay for others to point that out. Especially if you are going to post a tactic on this forum. It is pretty much asking for people to critique it for you.

What has it got to do with you though if he has reloaded? 

He didn't ASK anyone to critique his formation? He simply said that he wasn't happy that a mid-game patch had pretty much changed the whole dynamic of a tactic that was working for him. A pretty reasonable complaint if you ask me. 

He's worked it out now and is back to being successful. Really don't think there's any problem here other than ones being made my people with a bee in their bonnet

23 minutes ago, wattzy said:

Nothing. I do not care how he plays. I did not criticise him for that. Rather, he presents evidence to say this tactic is successful. However, since he has clearly reloaded at least one game, it makes all the data suspect. Anyone can make a tactic look amazing by reloading every match until he wins.

24 minutes ago, wattzy said:

He didn't ASK anyone to critique his formation? He simply said that he wasn't happy that a mid-game patch had pretty much changed the whole dynamic of a tactic that was working for him. A pretty reasonable complaint if you ask me. 

He started a topic about his tactic, and posted it, after a really bad result. Of course people are going to critique the tactic, especially when it is so fundamentally unusual. Indeed, if your tactic is ruined by a patch, your tactic is likely exploiting something.

25 minutes ago, wattzy said:

He's worked it out now and is back to being successful. Really don't think there's any problem here other than ones being made my people with a bee in their bonnet

I have actually not had a go at anyone in this thread. If you read back, I even gave some suggestions on how to make it a little better without changing everything. I suspect he has been reloading to achieve results, but as I noted above that only matters in terms of saying this tactic is excellent. Maybe it is, who knows. As long as he is happy, he can play how he wants. I will always take issue with people who present evidence where reloading has occurred. It is dishonest to present this data without saying you have reloaded. We can, and maybe do, disagree on that.

I suspect this thread has pretty much run its course. It seems to be descending far off topic.

1 hour ago, wattzy said:

Thank you. Finally someone who gets it.

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

However, since he has clearly reloaded at least one game, it makes all the data suspect. Anyone can make a tactic look amazing by reloading every match until he wins.

Valid point. The only thing I can ask is that you take my word for it - I know a lot won't but that's not really my problem. That's also why I posted images of the chances created etc. as well. But wattzy was spot on. My point was simply that the patch changed something that worked. Then it kind of spiralled from there. But you're right - this thread has run it's course. Thanks to those who went about it in a constructive way - those who jumped at the chance to make needless comments should probably find something better to do next time.

The "tactic" is still working. It just doesn't work against a particular type of AI. Whether the patch influenced much remeins debatable, as the scoreline is just too huge. The largest suspect by far in terms of patching was a possible Change how AI in General approach Matches -- or rather a possible Change made to the Valencia manager's preferences in the database in particular (his prefered Formations, tactical traits). 

One of my favourites of Prior Releases with a "bonkers" tactic -- the guy provided the Matches to take a look at. In the first tie of the Cup, the guy's "experimental" tactic wasn't exposed for what it was much. In the return tie, the AI switched to a couple Forwards from the off, exposing his non-existent defense, and but a couple seconds into the match, had it's first clear **** easy route en Goal... Result: A 7-0 win in the first leg wasn't quite enough to secure the final.

q28kevo7.png

It is of paramount importance here to repeat that this happens by "Chance", or rather Research. The AI is incapable of noting if there is any huge amount of space available. It just happens. It will happen again. 100%. This is the guy's Overall results. He wasn't actually struggling per se. Actually, he was top of the league.

f988oy3k.png

There's not much to say else. If you're unlucky, it will happen at the worst stage of the save -- say, the CL final. The alternative to that would be that it was one of those Matches where against all odds just every Opposition shot went flying in from everywhere -- Corners, Long shots, etc. At such scorelines, it's rather hugely unlikely though. Never seen any such match. None of my writing here is in any Kind defending the game. Rather, things really shouldn't be that way.

Edited by Svenc