Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Carlito85

Teams joining competition at designated paths + Grabbing a specific team for 1 season help

I thought I'd post this thread here as it's more relevant with me using the advanced editor. I'm trying to create the 2021-2024 UEFA cycle, but I'm having some trouble getting qualified teams for the competition to join the Champions Path in the Second Qualifying Round.

- I have 17 winners from the First Qualifying Round joining the Second Qualifying Round Champions Path, which is working as it should

- I have 3 league winners from nations 15-17 (seeding is 4) that need to join the Second Qualifying Round Champions Path, which isn't working. The teams don't show up, meaning there are 3 empty spaces

- I have 6 league runners-up from nations 10-15 (seeding is 5) that need to join the Second Qualifying Round League Path, which is working as it should (currently the league winners are showing up but that'll change automatically once I set everything for later rounds)

NOTE: The Champions Path consists of 20 teams, and the League Path consists of 6 teams.

Can anybody with a bit of editor knowledge help me out with this? If I can get those 3 required teams to join the Champions Path then I'm pretty sure I'd be able to finish off the rest of the competition without any major issues.

Edited by Carlito85

Never mind, I got everything working :thup::cool:

It turns out I needed to make sure the Number Of Teams Added To This Round option was ticked, and the number of teams added matched the Number Of Teams in the round settings

hace 9 horas, Carlito85 dijo:

Anyone know how I can grab a specific team for just the first season?

You need to make that year rules
for example you want a specific team on 2019, first go to teams tab, and get specific team then you need to put start year 2019 and end year 2019 on the competitions general rules, at least that should work

7 hours ago, wawsaki said:

You need to make that year rules
for example you want a specific team on 2019, first go to teams tab, and get specific team then you need to put start year 2019 and end year 2019 on the competitions general rules, at least that should work

Yeah I was thinking that was what I needed to do mate. So far it has resulted in the team either not showing up at all, in which they are replaced by Real Madrid, or they would show up every single year.

I can't seem to hit the happy medium lol.

Edited by Carlito85

hace 4 horas, Carlito85 dijo:

Yeah I was thinking that was what I needed to do mate. So far it has resulted in the team either not showing up at all, in which they are replaced by Real Madrid, or they would show up every single year.

I can't seem to hit the happy medium lol.

Maybe, give that team an specific fate at the end of the competition, or make a hidden stage, grabbing that team and relegating it

17 hours ago, wawsaki said:

Maybe, give that team an specific fate at the end of the competition, or make a hidden stage, grabbing that team and relegating it

Someone was able to help me get it working. All good. Ended up creating a duplicate competition with 1 for the first season only (grabbing a specific team) and 1 for 2019/20 (grabbing the Europa League 2 winner).

Thanks for the response.