Disciplining players (continental competition)

Hi Marc, save attached. Discipline issue.zip

However, I now seem to be able to discipline the player. I found that I could do this after continuing the game for a few days. The option to discipline the player was not available when I clicked on the players name from the news item about the suspension.

So you may not feel this is worth investigating.

P.S. the option to discipline players for red cards directly from the news item is available for league matches but not for continental matches. Not sure if this is by design or not.

P.P.S I remember the old CM games where you could discipline a player for 'no reason'.

9 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks for the pointers - I'll be rummaging around in the save game later after I finish jogging (I run as a way of unwinding .... and allowing me to eat unhealthily ;) ).

I thought it was to get all the frustration from our complaints, out of your system :D

Oh hm perhaps that is what you mean by "unwinding" :onmehead:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
2 minutes ago, MikaelS said:

Here you go.

The news is a bit down - I never got the option to discipline the player.

CheckaTradeNoDiscipline.zip 6.53 MB · 0 downloads

The original issue within this thread is mentioning that the option to discipline the player for a red card is greyed out. In the save file you attached I had no issue going into his profile and disciplining Demeaco Duhaney. 

4 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

The original issue within this thread is mentioning that the option to discipline the player for a red card is greyed out. In the save file you attached I had no issue going into his profile and disciplining Demeaco Duhaney. 

Ah, I missed that part.

I thought it was because there isn't any option in the news item about disciplining the player. I never thought about going to the players profile and discipline him there.

Shouldn't there be an option on the news ?

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, MikaelS said:

Ah, I missed that part.

I thought it was because there isn't any option in the news item about disciplining the player. I never thought about going to the players profile and discipline him there.

Shouldn't there be an option on the news ?

This option will appear if the player receives two yellow cards rather than one straight red, but you'll still be able to discipline the player by going through the Action menu for the individual player

6 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This option will appear if the player receives two yellow cards rather than one straight red, but you'll still be able to discipline the player by going through the Action menu for the individual player

Ok, then I don't really have anything to add to the original case.

But why not have the option to the news when it is a red card? 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, MikaelS said:

Ok, then I don't really have anything to add to the original case.

But why not have the option to the news when it is a red card? 

That's something we'll look into, but if anyone has an example of the original issue please provide us a save and we'll have a look at what's going on :) 

3 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

That's something we'll look into, but if anyone has an example of the original issue please provide us a save and we'll have a look at what's going on :) 

That was what I was fishing after and now I will shut up and leave this thread alone :D

Archived