What's the point of reporting bugs?

I've reported a number of bugs* back in january, just to find out that none have been fixed for the 19.3 version. Seriously, what's the point? I wanted to take direct control of Juventus U23 but the game keeps changing the starting eleven when i go into vacation despite the checkbox for keeping tactics and formations are ticked. It really annoy me to no end.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/464888-while-controlling-2-managers-the-game-continue-when-you-try-to-switch-managers/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/463384-bug-controlling-juventus-u23-doesnt-keep-players-selected-when-going-on-vacation/

Just because a bug has been logged doesn't mean it will definitely be fixed. The truth of the matter is that some bugs will be of higher priority to SI - mainly those that are genuinely game-breaking. Also, there may be some issues that SI simply cannot fix until the next game, for a number of reasons.

I too have reported bugs (mainly UI-related) that were not fixed in the 19.3 update, but they were merely mild annoyances rather than game-breakers, so I can live with them.

43 minuti fa, CFuller ha scritto:

Just because a bug has been logged doesn't mean it will definitely be fixed. The truth of the matter is that some bugs will be of higher priority to SI - mainly those that are genuinely game-breaking. Also, there may be some issues that SI simply cannot fix until the next game, for a number of reasons.

I too have reported bugs (mainly UI-related) that were not fixed in the 19.3 update, but they were merely mild annoyances rather than game-breakers, so I can live with them.

I paid 60€ for this game and i want it to be functional, not spend another 60€ next year to get it working as it should've been in the first place.

1 minute ago, DMaster2 said:

I paid 60€ for this game and i want it to be functional, not spend another 60€ next year to get it working as it should've been in the first place.

By nearly all accounts, FM19 is functional as it is. It is not free of bugs, and it never will be, because of just how complex it is to program. People need to understand that.

Appreciate the OP, but priorities are of importance. What annoys me though are bugs that have been around for 2-3 years and still are present. A League in Australia fixtures still occur all on one day which is wrong, and its been an issue the last two years. Extremely disappointing, considering its a licenced league. Ruins immersion for me. Shows me that there is quite a lack of attention to detail at SI headquarters. Just stating facts, despite sounding harsh. How can you get fixtures wrong 2 years in a row?

54 minuti fa, CFuller ha scritto:

By nearly all accounts, FM19 is functional as it is. It is not free of bugs, and it never will be, because of just how complex it is to program. People need to understand that.

And we are back to the point of this topic, why reporting when they aren't going to fix them in this game? The thing that annoy me the most is that those bugs are not hidden nor hard to replicate.

To catch the double manager bug you just, like, tested two managers for a couple of days and you'd get the game progress when it shouldn't. Same for U23, you literally just need to take control of it, setup and formation and go into 1 day vacation to spot it's bugged.

I find mindboggling those kind of bugs were allowed so far (oh a thing, those things were on FM18 as well but i didn't reported them) and that they are still there after being reported.

1 hour ago, DMaster2 said:

And we are back to the point of this topic, why reporting when they aren't going to fix them in this game? The thing that annoy me the most is that those bugs are not hidden nor hard to replicate.

To catch the double manager bug you just, like, tested two managers for a couple of days and you'd get the game progress when it shouldn't. Same for U23, you literally just need to take control of it, setup and formation and go into 1 day vacation to spot it's bugged.

I find mindboggling those kind of bugs were allowed so far (oh a thing, those things were on FM18 as well but i didn't reported them) and that they are still there after being reported.

Finding the bug is easy, recreating it is usually easy. Figuring out what is causing it is hard and figuring out how to fix it is even harder.

Just because they are aware of a bug doesn't mean that they are going to be able to fix it immediately. Minor bugs like the two that you listed are always going to be lower priority than more serious issues and so given that SI do not have the manpower to tackle every single little issue there are always going to be some that get put on the back burner initially and take longer to fix.

Even when they can get around to fixing a bug it's not going to be anywhere near as simple as you seem to think it is. For a start figuring out why it's happening in the first place can often be extremely difficult and even once that is known there is a very good chance that the solution involves having to change multiple different things that are all linked together to cause the initial issue.

You also find it mind boggling that FM has bugs in it?

I'll present you with a challenge. Name me a single game this size or greater that has ever been released without a single bug in it. Go on, should be easy...

FM19 is a simulation of real world management

Simulation gaming perfected .

Take charge of the club you love and create your own football story.

Complete control of the stunningly realistic game world is yours - every decision in your hands or yours to delegate

3 hours ago, DMaster2 said:

The game is functional. Entirely and utterly functional. There are some very high profile examples of games released with game breaking bugs. FM is definitely not one of those. It is patently nonsense to suggest FM is not functional, and is unplayable. 

FM does, of course, have some bugs. Every game has bugs. It is a fact of programming life. You cannot pick up everything in testing. Some bugs will always receive higher priority. In FM19, for instance, the bug with striker movement is infinitely more important to fix than switching managers in a hotseat game. 

What is the point of reporting bugs? To make the dev team aware of bugs they may not have come across before, for one. They definitely wont fix any bugs that go unreported. Of course, nobody makes you report bugs. I'd suggest the majority of users don't. SI is pretty good with fixing bugs, and providing feedback. Especially compared to other devs. For example, I remember Codemasters some time ago releasing F1 games that had some huge bugs with tyre selection. They provided no feedback on the bug reports, and did not bother to fix them.

You are free to not buy future games, of course. If you feel the bug reporting and fixing is inadequate. 

A large % of regular posters will have reported a bug at some time and of course, it is frustrating that the bug still exists, particularly over more that one game version.  What we as users do not see however is the process that is carried out after reporting and it is clear that there needs to be prioritisation of the bugs and we also have no real idea of the issues that arise when fixing any specific big.  Users always say that it should be easy to find and fix a particular bug, but I suspect that this is not always the case.

8 hours ago, CFuller said:

Hell, I've found it to be a lot more stable than the last couple of FM editions. I used to get crashes every few game sessions with FM17 and FM18, but not had a single crash in FM19, it's been steady as a rock.

13 ore fa, DMaster2 ha scritto:

I've reported a number of bugs* back in january, just to find out that none have been fixed for the 19.3 version. Seriously, what's the point? I wanted to take direct control of Juventus U23 but the game keeps changing the starting eleven when i go into vacation despite the checkbox for keeping tactics and formations are ticked. It really annoy me to no end.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/464888-while-controlling-2-managers-the-game-continue-when-you-try-to-switch-managers/

https://community.sigames.com/topic/463384-bug-controlling-juventus-u23-doesnt-keep-players-selected-when-going-on-vacation/

You have to understand that there are tens of external reports like yours to be taken in account. Then there are probably hundreds of them reported internally. Each one needs a good amount of time to check what's causing the issue/bug, what can fix it, and what can fix it without causing another isssue/bug, then it needs to be tested. Every report probably needs weeks in order to be reviewed and none of us can think his report is more important than another.

On 10/03/2019 at 13:36, DMaster2 said:

Here comes the car analogy, sorry:

You don't fix a small dent in the door when the engine is on fire.

There is a priority queue of all issues and errors in any software, and make no mistake, there are NO serious software without any bugs at all. Show me a software that get shipped without any known errors and I'll show you a software that's badly tested.

The example you show here won't affect many users to be fair. Going on vacation while managing a U23-side isn't the most common way to manage. Not that it should be an issue, by all means, they should fix it, but if they have bigger issues that affect a lot (perhaps all?) users, then naturally they will prioritize that.

I think we should all crowdfund a game where we can press instant result, design stadia, spend fake wages on fake cars and buy football clubs, watch glitchy **** and get rinsed by d!ck players online. My Messi scores 70 goals in my high press and low dl counter gegenpress catenaccio hybrid. My Messi doesn't score 'cause broke. 

There's a million of us lads, all playing the game a million different ways. Stop being ar$eholes

Archived