Why we don't get season updates for FMM?

Ok, so why do we have to buy a new game every single season when you can update the game for a new season and remove the old squads? 

I don't want to buy a new game every single year and the editor also again. I am still playing FMM18 and haven't bought FMM18 because it is a bit pricey for a mobile game. 

Please answer me. 

19 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

This is because competition formats changes each year and we have to license the rights on a yearly basis p.

Ok, but why can't you renew the license the rights again for a summer update on a game?  EA did that back in 2015 with release FIFA 16 for Android and a FIFA 15 New Season update. 

1 hour ago, fmmbeasterio said:

Ok, but why can't you renew the license the rights again for a summer update on a game?  EA did that back in 2015 with release FIFA 16 for Android and a FIFA 15 New Season update. 

Would you be paying full price for the update every season? If not then there is your answer. Reality is the income/revenue is better from a yearly release and, fingers crossed, that means the development will be much better as a result.

4 hours ago, fmmbeasterio said:

Ok, so why do we have to buy a new game every single season when you can update the game for a new season and remove the old squads? 

I don't want to buy a new game every single year and the editor also again. I am still playing FMM18 and haven't bought FMM18 because it is a bit pricey for a mobile game. 

Please answer me. 

SI / Sega have to make some money 😂

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, fmmbeasterio said:

Do EA do it every year or was this a one off as it sounds like? ... if it was a one off then there is reason that was the case (please bear in mind I'm a developer and not involved in licensing negotiations etc. at all so don't ask me for details regarding this stuff, I make games other people do the legal side of things I just deal with the repercussions).

On 10/03/2019 at 20:37, Marc Vaughan said:

Do EA do it every year or was this a one off as it sounds like? ... if it was a one off then there is reason that was the case (please bear in mind I'm a developer and not involved in licensing negotiations etc. at all so don't ask me for details regarding this stuff, I make games other people do the legal side of things I just deal with the repercussions).

EA did it once. 

Archived