Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Can someone recreate the beautiful football that made Bruno Lage's SLB back to the top of Portuguese Liga NOS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it you're managing Benfica, so start with the basic 442 and pick Lage's preferred XI and watch the players movements.

A couple of suggestions though:

  • Drop Felix to the AM strata, and play him at SS or Treq.
  • Pizzi as WP-A
  • Rafa as IW-S (get forward more, dribble more)

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MadOnion said:

I take it you're managing Benfica, so start with the basic 442 and pick Lage's preferred XI and watch the players movements.

A couple of suggestions though:

  • Drop Felix to the AM strata, and play him at SS or Treq.
  • Pizzi as WP-A
  • Rafa as IW-S (get forward more, dribble more)

Good luck.

I think Rafa plays with a attack duty, not a support one. He is often the guy that attacks the back of the opponent defence.

For Lage's tactic, i you probably go with something like this:

 

PF(s)

SS(a)

IW(a)                                               WP(s)

DM(d)            VOL(s)

WB(s)       CD(d)        CD(d)              FB(s)

G(d)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I think Rafa plays with a attack duty, not a support one. He is often the guy that attacks the back of the opponent defence.

For Lage's tactic, i you probably go with something like this:

 

PF(s)

SS(a)

IW(a)                                               WP(s)

DM(d)            VOL(s)

WB(s)       CD(d)        CD(d)              FB(s)

G(d)

 

Valid point, though his traits are very direct if I remember so he will attack them anyway. I guess it depends whether you want him to be more of goalscorer threat. I didn't use him much since his mentals are terrible.

Same applies to Pizzi, he's got "Get into opposition area" so the support duty you're suggesting there makes sense.
Grimaldo's and Gabriel's roles are more difficult to replicate but I certainly see Grimaldo's way more aggressive than just a WB-S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the answers.. but what do you think about Mentality and Tactical Instructions?

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MadOnion said:

Valid point, though his traits are very direct if I remember so he will attack them anyway. I guess it depends whether you want him to be more of goalscorer threat. I didn't use him much since his mentals are terrible.

Same applies to Pizzi, he's got "Get into opposition area" so the support duty you're suggesting there makes sense.
Grimaldo's and Gabriel's roles are more difficult to replicate but I certainly see Grimaldo's way more aggressive than just a WB-S.

About Grimaldo's role, the WB(s) can be very attacking in particulary with a positive team mentality, something that i think is the mentality that would fit better in Lage model.

But, i agree with you that he is a bit more attacking, so i was thinking that the CWB(s) would fit better, because he oftens cuts inside.

Fot Gabriel role, the DLP(s) could also work, but i think the VOL(s) works better because the DLP just stays too deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, b0rgon said:

Thank you all for the answers.. but what do you think about Mentality and Tactical Instructions?

Peace!

Positive mentality

in possession: shorter passing, more creative, pass into space (not sure about this one)

in transition: press counter

out of possession: much higher LOE, higher d-Line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, i'm also trying to emulate Lage's Benfica, and i did this:

Capture d’écran 2019-03-11 à 19.55.00.png

I put some PI's

SK: none

Defenders: none

CM (Su) and (De) (Possibility to put replace the CM (De) by a DLP (De) or BWM - (De) - this one's for Fejsa): Hold positon, Shoot less often, and Drible Less + For the CM - Su: Stay wider (and eventualy pass it shorter for one of them to calm the game ?)

IF: Get further forward, Roam from positions, and Sit narrower

AP and F9: None (Maybe More urgent Pressing intensity ?)

AF: Pass it shorter and Take fewer risks (Maybe More urgent Pressing intensity ?)

I have just one big problem: making a flat 4 in the midfield with the wingers getting back to help the fullbacks in defensive transition.

Edited by Mitrogolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitrogolo said:

Hey, i'm also trying to emulate Lage's Benfica, and i did this:

I put some PI's

SK: none

Defenders: none

CM (Su) and (De) (Possibility to put replace the CM (De) by a DLP (De) or BWM - (De) - this one's for Fejsa): Hold positon, Shoot less often, and Drible Less + For the CM - Su: Stay wider (and eventualy pass it shorter for one of them to calm the game ?)

IF: Get further forward, Roam from positions, and Stay wider

AP and F9: None (Maybe More urgent Pressing intensity ?)

AF: Pass it shorter and Take fewer risks (Maybe More urgent Pressing intensity ?)

 

I have just one big problem: making a flat 4 in the midfield with the wingers getting back to help the fullbacks in defensive transition. 

Capture d’écran 2019-03-11 à 19.55.00.png

Have you tried putting Rafa and Pizzi in ML/MR position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, b0rgon said:

Have you tried putting Rafa and Pizzi in ML/MR position?

I tried and i felt that they weren't high enough on the pitch, plus the WP (A) forced Pizzi to Sit narrower whereas i want him free on his placement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mitrogolo Do you need Pizzi to be a playmaker (as in, draw the ball to him) or just act like one once he gets the ball? Because if its the second option, you could use WM-At and then customise it i.e. pick all the instructions a Wide Playmaker has except Sit Narrower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying this to, With Benfica and Athletic Bilbao having good results.

in the midfield duo i think we need a DLP(s) Gabriel Role , and some anchor, MC(d) Samaris role .

Felix IMO is a number 10 a trequartista on this system.

 

d132c0af260472e98a8df0ecc52c8f5a.png

 

Edited by kun^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2019 at 16:48, kun^^ said:

I'm trying this to, With Benfica and Athletic Bilbao having good results.

in the midfield duo i think we need a DLP(s) Gabriel Role , and some anchor, MC(d) Samaris role .

Felix IMO is a number 10 a trequartista on this system.

 

d132c0af260472e98a8df0ecc52c8f5a.png

 

Agree that Félix could plays as a Trequatrista, but I think he should be in the AM strata to give him more space to roam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try using João Félix as a False-9 replicates more his real-life movements...I have used him as a single Striker with False-9 role and since the last update I am seeing the F9 finally working as it should and I see him dropping deep and into the channels as he does IRL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 horas atrás, Keyzer Soze disse:

Agree that Félix could plays as a Trequatrista, but I think he should be in the AM strata to give him more space to roam. 

 

11 horas atrás, migas8982 disse:

Try using João Félix as a False-9 replicates more his real-life movements...I have used him as a single Striker with False-9 role and since the last update I am seeing the F9 finally working as it should and I see him dropping deep and into the channels as he does IRL

I've change his role to F9 at some point because he in real life press hard  the oposittion defense and the trequartista role don't give me that.

Rigth now i'm playing him as DLF(s) with roam from position, move into channels , and he's doing fantastic , replicating is moves IRL perfectly.

 

About the formation , i've done a few changes, Gabriel is now a RPM , Pizzi a WP(s) and Rafa a IW(a) . 

Both wing back are on Support.

 

With this formation i've won the champions league with Bilbao.

Edited by kun^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hora atrás, andre62 disse:

can you share your tactic to give a try please? thank you :)

Later when i arrive from work 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kun^^ said:

Later when i arrive from work 😋

Thank You Bro ;) i'll be wait for it for give a try today thanks again ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hora atrás, andre62 disse:

Any change for away or more difficult games?

Sometimes, i'll drop work ball into box and play out of defense . Nothing else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...