Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
essien_5

Chelsea Second Season - Need Advice

Just finished my first season with Chelsea, and won everything (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League) playing a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide formation with Vertical Tiki-Taka style.

I didn't buy anyone in the first season and used what I had at the club which is always my preference in the first year. Second season though I have some big decisions to make, none more than up front.

I benefited from Higuain in my first season. He scored 20 goals in 41 games overall and led the line well as a deep lying forward. I have an option to purchase him for 32.5m but am reluctant to do this for a player soon to turn 32, not to mention the need to offer a multi year contract for around £300k per week. My transfer budget is £60m starting before selling any players, so I can be somewhat flexible with who I bring in. Any suggestions? I looked at Icardi who is transfer listed and I think I could buy for a structured deal around £60-65m but he is best as a poacher and I would rather not upset the balance I already have in the side, so my preference initially would be to find a similar replacement for Higuain (playing the deep lying forward role).

Kovacic was also on loan but I have managed to agree a deal for Rabiot who looks a great player for a free transfer and who like Kovacic I think is capable of filling in all the midfield roles in the side (Regista, Box to Box, Mezzala). Barkley and Loftus-Cheek have also both developed well in the first season to add additional depth in the squad. PSG however are sniffing Kante. I don't want to sell, but I have a feeling PSG might manage to unsettle him. I will do my upmost to keep him but in the event he kicks up a stink, are there any recommendations on how to replace him if it ever came to that? Is it worth bringing Bakayoko back from his loan at Milan?

My other query and partly why I don't want to go and spend my entire transfer budget on a striker is if there are any younger players I should be eyeing up to bring in before they move to a bigger club or develop further? In particular I'm thinking of Tonali (who I assume could operate as a perfect understudy to Jorginho) and from what I've read De Ligt will develop into the best centre back on the game and would likely suit as the long term replacement for David Luiz and complement Rudiger and Christensen already at the club. There's a good young element at Chelsea already - Kepa, Christensen, Loftus Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic to come back, etc so if there are a couple very highly recommended to go for and add to that list I'd welcome any and all recommendations.

Fabio Silva (porto) awesome for me , in my Chelsea save...

Others I have to include that has a few players that have come through really well on multiple saves 

Ryan gravenberch (ajax) 

Danny loader

Roman Zobin can be got at a reasonable price and has never really let me down..

Hope it may help somewhat.