Sports Interactive Community

Hi there.

My FM19 Touch keeps crashing all the time in Season 2 during gameplay on extended highlights. The Application Error pops up on my screen, and i have performed the common troubleshooting tips such as: reinstalling my 1080 drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, deleting preferences and crash files, disabling antivirus, running as admin, running in full and windowed screen. 

I am on Windows 10 on an Alienware with GeForce 1080.

You may find the crash dump attached as well as the DxDiag file.

When attempting to debug in visual studio i get the following: "Access violation writing location " Hope this helps

FM 2019 Touch v19.3.1.1201208 (2019.03.09 19.15.53).dmp

DxDiag.txt

Edited by skouicy
further information

Hey @skouicy,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue,

Could you please follow the instructions below:

- Right Click on your desktop and select 'Nvidia Control Panel'
- Click 'Manage 3D settings'
- Select 'Program Settings' and via the dropdown box for 'Select a program to customise' select 'Football Manager Touch 2019'
- Select 'Power Management Mode'
- If the default setting is 'Optimal Power', now select 'Prefer Maximum Performance'
- Select 'Apply'

Please let us know if it works,

Cheers,

Hugo

Hi Hugo and thanks for your reply.

I have followed your instructions and after that i have managed to play a game. However, during the game after that, i experienced another crash, but this time the screen went black and then back on with some wierd colours for a few seconds and then the crash message appeared. Please bear in mind that i am using an Alienware 17 R4 which is very high spec.

You may find the new crash dump attached, as well as a screenshot of the task manager which shows a spike in the 3D graphics at the time of the crash.
Looking forward to your reply. 

FM 2019 Touch v19.3.1.1201208 (2019.03.11 19.15.56).dmp

InkedCapture_LI.thumb.jpg.fe769e5d47444a6911ab437a7386c4dc.jpg

Edited by skouicy
further info

Hi as a test can you try switching the Threaded optimization to "Off" on your Nivdia Control Panel and see if that helps, please? 

It would be good to only apply this for FM19 under the Program Settings tab.

Let us know how you get on, please.

Thanks.

Same thing unfortunately. Towards the end of the game it always crash. I can get through a game if i put the quality in medium, however everything looks blurry so its not what you really want from a high spec laptop. Any other ideas?

4 hours ago, skouicy said:

Same thing unfortunately. Towards the end of the game it always crash. I can get through a game if i put the quality in medium, however everything looks blurry so its not what you really want from a high spec laptop. Any other ideas?

Unfortunately we would recommend that you keep the settings on medium if it works in order to avoid any extra complications, you could also try lowering the resolution in game.

Cheers,

Hugo

Seems that in full screen mode with high graphics  the game is not crashing. There are occasions that it may slow down, which i then turn to comments to survive the match before it crashes. Not ideal but if anyone else is experiencing similar issues, try that.

On 23/03/2019 at 23:40, skouicy said:

I tried giving it a  chance but unfortunately the game is now unplayable. 

Could you please try the following to see if it works:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2019 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM19 through Steam

Cheers,

Hugo