Sports Interactive Community
GPaton68

Impossible crossing

Why do so many attempted crosses get charged down nearly every time by defenders. Its just so unrealistic and annoying!! 

Yes, it's still an issue on the latest update. Just look at the stats on the attachment. Out of 82 attempted crosses in the match, only 12 complete. Pretty unlealistic, yeah?

Screenshot (5).png

Yeah, SI, please fix this already.

It almost looks like the players on the flanks are deliberately waiting to be closed down before they attempt to cross.

It's not how football works.

There is not only a huge amount of blocked crosses, but also an exaggerated number of crosses attempted by FBs. Even if I set the "cross less" istruction for fullbacks, almost every ball they touch it become a failed cross.

The unrealistic thing is the amount of crosses and also the numbers of goals scored from them

Hey guys,

We are aware of the issue, we are looking to make balancing improvements for future iterations of the game.

Thank you for your information,

Cheers,

Hugo

So will there be any more future patches to fix this or is this something we have to just deal with until FM20?

48 minutes ago, bdixon said:

So will there be any more future patches to fix this or is this something we have to just deal with until FM20?

fm21 im afraid

ps not a typo

8 hours ago, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

This is something that we are looking into for next years iteration,

We are looking to add more variation in the crosses,

Cheers,

Hugo

Can this not be fixed for the current version and released as a bugfix? This seems to be normal practice for most games.

Totally ruining the game as far as I'm concerned!! 

16 hours ago, GPaton68 said:

I am a beta tester for another management game. When they are alerted to significant bugs, they will fix and issue an update. It just seems wrong that the developers of this game don't seem to have the same attitude.

What other management game do you test for. FM seriously needs some competition. Still by far and away no1 IMO

On 15/04/2019 at 14:40, Hugo Mendes Albino said:

Hi there,

Unfortunately not,

However if you continue posting examples and pkm's this will help us massively.

Cheers,

Hugo

Hi Hugo

youre agreeing that a  game we’ve paid for is fundamentally flawed and asking us to play it more to send more bad programming examples...not so you can fix the game we’ve paid for but hopefully improve the one you going to ask us to shell out for again next year.

Something is wrong with the game and the attitude of the developers right now. Real shame.

On 22/04/2019 at 15:45, GPaton68 said:

I second this.

I recently gave up playing FM 19 due to unbelievable  blocked crossings and shots (unreal amount), believe me it is unacceptable I found which I could not cope  with the game any more. OK, I always manage the lower league teams ( Slough Town,  Truro...) , due to their player profile, might be acceptable but not real at all.

So, I decided to re install 17 which played  for a while and not much impressed with the ME. Then, I re installed 18 and really enjoying it.  Yes; FM 18 has some cons ( high yellow and red card issues and plenty of injuries (both long and short time) which is frustrating at times).  

However; the my team can pass now, keep the possesion - in a way, can cross, FBs can do decent overlap(s) and guess what- my STs are scoring plenty unlike FM 19. 

If I am back to 18 and enjoying it more than 19, this  jepordise me  to consider the future FMs. 

Posted (edited)
On 23/04/2019 at 18:47, Graham Banks said:

I am a beta tester for another management game. When they are alerted to significant bugs, they will fix and issue an update. It just seems wrong that the developers of this game don't seem to have the same attitude.

The International Cricket Captain series.

I am also part of the major computer chess testing group (CCRL) and test the top chess engines.

Edited by Graham Banks

My theory is that SI reacted to all the people complaining that crossing was overpowered.  They did at least two things:

- Nerfed passing to the flanks. I already wrote about that in a different post. It's really infuriating when you watch your professional footballers being unable to perform a simple pass to the flanks. It happens frequently, even with world class players. It's always the same scenario, the pass is being played way far ahead of the winger for him to reach it. 

- Nerfed the crossing, as having been thoroughly discussed on this forum. The wingers have been dumbed down, waiting to get closed down instead of crossing earlier or trying to get into a clear position. I've seen many instances of wingers repeatedly trying to cross through a defender, failing once, and then reclaiming the ball only to cross into the defender again. Very frustrating.

On 24/03/2019 at 13:32, GPaton68 said:

Yes, it's still an issue on the latest update. Just look at the stats on the attachment. Out of 82 attempted crosses in the match, only 12 complete. Pretty unlealistic, yeah?

Screenshot (5).png

The other thing, apart from so many of the crosses failing, is the amount of attempted crosses. 65 attempts for Tottenham in one match? Seems a bit high. On the plus side, only one woodwork.

On 22/05/2019 at 22:19, WojciechZed said:

The other thing, apart from so many of the crosses failing, is the amount of attempted crosses. 65 attempts for Tottenham in one match? Seems a bit high. On the plus side, only one woodwork.

to be fair, every corner and indirect freekick does count as a cross. So its around 40-45 which still is pretty high...